Author Topic: Well done today lads  (Read 10230 times)

leeagogo

• View Profile
Re: Well done today lads
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 08:41:37 PM »
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9362375&l=f9089ed34c&id=669725611

here's a picture of the third and decisive goal scored today!

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 09:24:57 PM »
absolutely brilliant.imo i reckon we played em of the park in every position,they were lucky to get nil and ask for mom i wouldnt have wanted to have picked it cos there were so many candidates for it today but if i had to it would have been to woody who raised his game today 10 fold,well done mate,lets hope thats the monkey of our back for home games.only one thing to comment on the opposition and that was there no14 what a cock he was. ;D happy days more please
"till saturday comes"

Seenbetter

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 02:07:43 AM »
Agree with Wembley 85. Terrific performance by everyone. Man of the match for me was Woody. I also referred to him as our weak link but was really pleased for him today. He was great at left back, perhaps thats his best position. Only downer for me was to use our final substitute about 15 minutes from time and just before Canners was injured in the box (no, not that box you dirty buggers). Would have been down to 10 men and the substitution didn't seem necessary. Other than that I thought it was a league winning performance. More like that, draw in another 3 or 4 hundred spectators and it would certainly help with the money situation. Great all round team performance and Evans is still a good keeper despite previous comments. 

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 06:33:19 AM »
If that was a the 'top of the table' team then all i can say is they were very poor. I'm not taking anything away from the lads, yesterday they were head and shoulders above Ashton. Every player was fantastic, well done to all of them. Where i was stood we chatted about the MOM, a few tipped Woody to get it. To be honest i thought he had a fantastic game, the best game the lad has played for us. My vote for MOM went to Pearson, what a game that young man had and what a player he will be if he fulfils his potential.
I hope that lad is on some sort of contract. Many more games like that and we'll have scouts from bigger clubs sniffing about, if they're not already!!

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 11:22:54 AM »
maybe i was watching a different game yesterday but i thought wood was shakey at best yesterday he lost the ball to them 2 or 3 times under no pressure at all and put the ball out for a throw once or twice when he had other options.

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 12:13:47 PM »

Well done lads, great performance all round, there should be 11 bottles of champers, one each, my outstanding player yesterday was no 4, A Church, what a game he had, he tackled and harried, he even scored a great goal, the best game I have seen him have in BUFC colours, even D D had a good game, I even forgive him for that glaring miss just before halftime, which if he had put the shot on target, and scored,it  would have gave the team a 3 goal lead at half time, A word of caution please, don't get carried away by one home win, Ashton to me had a bad day at the office, they are a lot better team, than that performance they put on yesterday, a team does not get to the top of the league by not winning matches, a team as to be CONSISTENT, and put winning runs together, let us hope this is the start of a CONSISTENT run of wins for BUFC, we shall see how our team performs against Worksop tuesday night, they will be difficult to break down, Good luck lads.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 12:29:53 PM »
maybe i was watching a different game yesterday but i thought wood was shakey at best yesterday he lost the ball to them 2 or 3 times under no pressure at all and put the ball out for a throw once or twice when he had other options.

You must hae been mate.

I tipped pearon for mom but it took about 10 min of hard talk to decided,

threenil

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 12:47:25 PM »
Credit when they play well - well done. A deserved win.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 01:38:53 PM »

I think you've been watching to much footy on the TV Carl. Any player at this level of footy that can go through 90 minutes without making a few balls ups should be playing at a lot higher level.  ;) I still think Woody did a bloody good job playing at LEFT back considering he usually plays at RIGHT back. In fact, i think he played better at left back. Pearson was still fantastic, that lad will go far if he looks after himself.

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 03:19:40 PM »
Imo our worse player yesterday was danny davison and even he was in good form so the standards have been raised by themselfs.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 03:55:45 PM »
DD played well! Won many a header, including to flick on for Newsham's opener.

Seenbetter

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 04:32:06 PM »
I hope we have more games like that. We all seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet as a result. Agree Pearson will be one to watch for the future.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 05:29:29 PM »
all played well and deserve to keep their place for Tuesday night.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 05:36:09 PM »
DD played well! Won many a header, including to flick on for Newsham's opener.

I didnt say he didnt play well,i mentioned that he played verry well as did everyone... just thought h was the worse player on the feild.

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 07:10:21 PM »
Pearson looked sheer quality. Impressive bringing the ball out of defence and liked his ability to get forward.