Author Topic: OT Conspiracy theories  (Read 826 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
OT Conspiracy theories
« on: April 10, 2024, 01:22:09 PM »
On the Spennymoor thread I confessed I was a big fan of Conspiracy theories. This does not mean I believe them, but some provide so much evidence it makes you question some of the mainstream facts.

Some of the main conspiracy theories doing the rounds are of course, Did we land on the moon? Was it the Titanic which sank or he sister ship? Was 9/11 a US government ploy to invade Iraq? My favourite one at the moment is, is the moon artificial put there by Aliens?

The reasoning behind this theory is the sheer coincidence of the moon being where it is and the size it is.
The moon is in the most optimum position to most benefit the earth. It is exactly 400 times smaller than the sun. It's 400 times nearer the earth than the sun. This is why it exactly covers the sun in a solar eclipse.

The odds apparently of all this happening are twenty two trillion to one. I don't believe any of the above, but just heading off to Loch Ness ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 01:30:55 PM by Dipdodah »
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: OT Conspiracy theories
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 01:31:03 PM »
Conspiracies do exist and in fact are very common (corporate fraud, for example) but they tend to be low level, fairly boring, and always get found out because people are incapable of keeping secrets.

I think the biggest genuine conspiracy of our era was the cover-up at Hillsborough.

Things like 9/11 and the moon landings always make me laugh because if anyone thinks any government could pull either of those off without being found out or someone involved breaking cover and going to the press, I want to go through life as naïve as the believers do...