Author Topic: IS THERE A TAMESIDE / GREATER MANCHESTER CURSE?  (Read 1582 times)

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
IS THERE A TAMESIDE / GREATER MANCHESTER CURSE?
« on: April 22, 2012, 07:13:36 PM »
It must be something about playing within the boundaries of Tameside Metropolitan Borough - three visits this season and three defeats at Droylsden, Stalybridge and Hyde.
Last season, although winning at Hyde, there were heavy defeats at Droylsden and Stalybridge with the 4-0 defeat at the Butchers Arms Ground bringing an end to that long run of clean sheets. Going back further there was a 3-0 defeat at Ashton United when we were in the Unibond Premier League but, thankfully, we did avoid defeat to a Unibond First Division club when leaving Curzon Ashton with a win in the Unibond League Cup.
Infact, visiting Greater Manchester as a whole hasn't been too productive in recent times, the 6-1 defeat at a wet Altrincham this season or, again back to the Unibond League days, that rather frustrating 0-0 draw with Leigh RMI played at Radcliffe Borough's ground at a time when RMI were getting some real drubbings. Things were only slightly better in the Football League era with visits to Bury producing some mixed results but defeat on most visits to Rochdale and a defeat at Stockport.
Then perhaps it might be me or my choice of transport. I was at all these games and travelled by bus / tram rather than drive the short distances.