Author Topic: V Solihull  (Read 10256 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: V Solihull
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 08:42:37 PM »
What a difference a year makes!

Too right...... ::)

That was a million miles away from the dog days of Drury and the Jason Lee 'couldn't give a toss' machine that cost the club 400 regulars in 18 months of unabashed awfulness.

A big up to Rene Steer who I thought was superb today, take nothing away from RM, you get the goals, you get the glory, but without the efforts of Steer and the welcome return of Marrs today could have been very different.

Very unfair to pick a MotM after that though. :)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 08:43:51 PM »
Black and Yella we could have been four up at half time. For me buzzing fantastic performance , great atmosphere great support, Ricky on fire, great applause at the end.Lets enjoy that and give praise cut the negatives, in the local we were purring at that. Scholeys in midfield awesome.  Happy days.  When we lose at home moan, enjoy the wins.

When we lose at home.............. That be 24th of sept 2013 since that last happened. What a roll we seem to be on at home its awsome to see that home record coming back to us.

Think credit has to go to SM aswel today who to be fair did look a decent team and looked like a team that was going to threaten the goal everytime they came forward althou the heavy pitch and the fact Boston ran them around all match really did show on them as the 2nd half ticked away.
As for us, What can be said 1st half was very open with Us making the most of there super slug no.2. Got to admit it was funny watching miller Out think him and outpace him everytime. Hats of to there manager for noticing the same things we did.

Like me how many of you thought when they scored here  we go again, But the second half for a change Boston got the tactics and Balance spot on and whiles they carried on the attacking approach to the game it was not all out which left us a defence for a change.

I would single out miller for is hot run of form but a lot of credit has to be given to the other 10 players who played for the team and not for themself.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 08:47:29 PM »
Quality from us today, is ricky miller contracted? i really hope so!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 09:05:44 PM »
Yes, he is.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 09:07:55 PM »
Yes, he is.

Id start talking about contract for next season if i was green

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2014, 09:17:56 PM »
         A fab 4 goals
         A fab 4 defenders
         A fab team that defended vince goal area to a man when he came on.   WELL  DONE.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2014, 10:34:17 PM »
Anyone notice Ross missing today...... Im a fan of Ross but gotta say on todays midfield showing he could struggle to get back in

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2014, 10:55:28 PM »
We looked alot better today in midfield more mobile and physical and moved the ball much quicker. Ross and milnes are class on the ball but will struggle If that level of performance continues. 

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 11:32:04 PM »
the place rocked today, the atmosphere just keeps getting better and better. and this has clearly had an added effect on the team like i said it would ages ago. team are playing with belief, and we have some width again now semps is back who i thought had a cracker today. but all the team was great and i can see us getting this top 5 finish now.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2014, 10:12:29 AM »
Ditto everything that has been said thus far, it was by miles the best performance of the season, and the difference, as we have been saying all season was the central midfield. The two new lads installed commitment, grit and for the first time in months their non stop energy allowed us to press much higher up the pitch, and what a difference it made. It relieved the pressure off the back four, and as both players kept the ball moving it created more 'good' chances than i've seen for ages.

Like others have commented if the midfield trio continue in that vein I can see Milnes and Ross sitting on the bench for quite a while.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2014, 10:15:28 AM »
I forgot to mention Mcgee who for a little lad certainly got stuck in didn't he. As for Millers second, now that was how to wallop a football

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2014, 11:09:45 AM »
Terrific performance today, but come on folks-- dont get too carried away yet. the next 7 games look very tough. If we can get through those with plenty of points then we can start to think of the play offs. I hope we can keep this squad together for the rest of the season as there are bound to be other clubs sniffing around after the last few home performances. So come on Board keep these players together.

Also I have to say I thought the referee was very good today Not something you will here me say very often!!!

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2014, 11:40:48 AM »
Good solid performance, very impressed with Dixon and Agnew slotted in really well and looked they had been playing for Boston all season.
It was good to see Marrs back again we have missed him.
Solihull were a dangerous side and I was pleased how we kept at them, usually when we take a lead we start sitting too deep and put ourselves under pressure, but we didn't yesterday.. great stuff.
What a performance by Miller and what a second goal!... awesome.
We need to start picking up points away from home now and with swd, Ross and fairclough possibly on the way back we have a stronger looking bench whoever is sitting on it.
Let's go to Alty and bag the 3 points no need to play for a draw!
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2014, 11:49:29 AM »
Heard the Lincoln manager and several of their players were at the game as their match was off. Wonder what they thought?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2014, 01:16:43 PM »