Author Topic: club statement coming soon  (Read 12629 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: club statement coming soon
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2014, 10:18:44 PM »
Has anyone else seen anything anywhere else apart from here? It's not even made the canteen gossip at work or the few forum I frequent.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2014, 10:22:43 PM »
Those people complaining about David Newton and the time taken to issue a statement really do have short memories. In the summer of 2007 we were waiting for a statement from Jim Rodwell around whether or not we even had a football club. Rodwell disappeared off the face of the earth rather than speaking to the media, and It was a horrible period of uncertainty. I'm still waiting for Rodwell's statement. Would anyone want to go back to those days? I'm grateful David Newton came in, and for the umpteenth time here I think he's dealt with a difficult set of circumstances extremely well. We should congratulate rather than criticise.

My only issue with this latest saga is the fact that it shouldn't have fallen on David Newton to tell us that Dennis Greene was "very upset by his actions." Greene was clearly the one in the wrong; he should have been the one making a public statement of apology. That aside, this has all been handled exactly as it should have been.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2014, 09:53:33 AM »
Has anyone else seen anything anywhere else apart from here? It's not even made the canteen gossip at work or the few forum I frequent.

Very much the way others are finding it . 
The will have a better idea on Saturday evening on the effect outside Boston .
Being very concerned about maintaining the good name of BUFC surely Mark will be at Harrogate Saturday monitoring the reaction of both sets of fans and duly report the reaction on here .

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2014, 10:49:51 AM »
Well said Oakham Pilgrim. Isn't it time Scouse the trouble maker was blocked from this site. All we get from him is trying to drag our club down any way he can. We can do without people like that trying to disrupt our club. Mark is a disgrace to his family who must be embarrassed by his ranting on here.
The club needs positive support to go forward ,and get behind our excellent chairman.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2014, 11:25:15 AM »
You cant ban people just because their opinion of agenda differ from the majority. It took me ages to register and post on here because at times the vitriol handed out to certain players was at times horrific, especially as most, contrary to what they may say will pop in and read the comments. Even worse was the comments directed at Drury which were at time way over the top, but no-one got banned for it. Personally I don't agree with hardly anything Monty or SP says, more the way they say things actually, but they are still entitled to have them

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2014, 02:54:17 PM »
You cant ban people just because their opinion of agenda differ from the majority. It took me ages to register and post on here because at times the vitriol handed out to certain players was at times horrific, especially as most, contrary to what they may say will pop in and read the comments. Even worse was the comments directed at Drury which were at time way over the top, but no-one got banned for it. Personally I don't agree with hardly anything Monty or SP says, more the way they say things actually, but they are still entitled to have them

I think many posters enjoy SP postings , nobody takes him seriously do they ? but as Tony A suggests members of his family would be embarrassed . 

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2014, 03:34:45 PM »
Good old Mark. He certainly shouldn’t be banned. We’d miss him if we vanished. And let’s not forget, he did some good initial work alerting us to the various indiscretions of the last regime, although that quickly unravelled into an unholy mess. I just think he’s a little misguided these days. I fail to see how Newton’s chairmanship is driving the club into the ground like Lavaflow’s did - in fact it seems quite the opposite. After the Evans years I think we’re now quite a cynical, sceptical bunch – and yet the vast majority still think the Chestnuts are doing a fine job in very difficult circumstances.

I don’t like the word ‘agenda’ as it’s frequently used by people to cheapen an opponent’s argument by claiming they’re inherently biased when they usually not, but I think in this case it seems a fair to say Mark’s postings here are driven by such an agenda. And. despite the thousands of words he’s written on this forum, I can’t for the life of me see what the hell it is.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2014, 07:36:18 PM »
He's a NIMBY for everything, everywhere.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2014, 11:07:33 AM »
I don’t like the word ‘agenda’ as it’s frequently used by people to cheapen an opponent’s argument by claiming they’re inherently biased when they usually not, but I think in this case it seems a fair to say Mark’s postings here are driven by such an agenda. And. despite the thousands of words he’s written on this forum, I can’t for the life of me see what the hell it is.

From SP,

Dear Peter,

Have you not heard of Darwin?  The "agenda" as you like to refer,  is that we, as primates, are trying to exert dominance over one another in order to control a larger part of the available resources.

It is quite simple really.

SP   8)

The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2014, 11:10:53 AM »
Not sure what that means. You mean like all business folk try to do? Like the Isaac family?

That's just the system we live in. Are you actually a secret Marxist then? Perhaps you and I can pop into the new Guardian cafe to try out some of their delicious quinoa recipes over a Fair Trade coffee. I'd like that  :-*

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2014, 11:18:50 AM »
Well said Oakham Pilgrim. Isn't it time Scouse the trouble maker was blocked from this site. All we get from him is trying to drag our club down any way he can. We can do without people like that trying to disrupt our club. Mark is a disgrace to his family who must be embarrassed by his ranting on here.
The club needs positive support to go forward ,and get behind our excellent chairman.

I only know one Tony.  Worn out brogues, paunch, sells automobile parts and was very much with the last gravytrain. I rang him up once to let him know what was really going on at the club but he did not want to know. Next thing I knew was at Stockport with him rather gayishly sticking his paunch in mine.  I had to call a steward before he got overexcited  :bunny
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2014, 11:48:23 AM »
Scouse the trouble maker

Dear Kenneth Fox,

I propose that this forum aint big enough for two scousers. I concur with Tony - let's get rid of Scouse the trouble maker the feckless little oik. By way of punishment shall we keelhaul him or worse,  make him go on a Public Relations course facilitated by Dave Newton ?   :-X

SP

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2014, 01:43:49 PM »

From SP,

Dear Peter,

Have you not heard of Darwin?  The "agenda" as you like to refer,  is that we, as primates, are trying to exert dominance over one another in order to control a larger part of the available resources.

It is quite simple really.

SP   8)

Darwin is a town in Northern Australia, not sure if it has a football club.
As you refer to primates etc, who exactly are you trying to exert dominance over and what are the resources you wish to take a larger control of?

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2014, 03:19:23 PM »

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2014, 04:31:46 PM »
Krypton factor finalist holding up leaning tree in Darwin, Australia?  :bunny