Author Topic: Todays match and Drury  (Read 12590 times)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Todays match and Drury
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 04:04:39 PM »
Certainly cant argue with that

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 04:10:14 PM »
It was interesting seeing Marshall's response to being substituted.

A shrug of the shoulders and a glance at Haystead - no idea what the "plan" was now.

Preparation at its finest  :dan

MAYBE drury was looking after marshalls well being after recovering from a virus.
I thought he had a very good game and will be playing TUE.for sure.

At right back then, or is that too radical?

More likely to see him on the left wing or in goal!!

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 08:43:55 AM »
So everyone's glossing over the budget cut, then?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 10:40:34 AM »

The budget was "X" and satisfactory according to Mr Drury at the time he took over.  Anything that happened afterwards is down to the manager, ie results.  It's like saying the driver of a car isn't responsible when he/she drives into a ditch, excuse being they were only sitting behind the wheel.  Perhaps they would also claim they had no control over the condition of the tyres because they had spent to money on replacing seat covers that didn't need replacing.  After the crash of course, there is the cost of straightening out the car, hence the cuts.
United we stand..................

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 12:24:28 PM »

The budget was "X" and satisfactory according to Mr Drury at the time he took over.  Anything that happened afterwards is down to the manager, ie results.  It's like saying the driver of a car isn't responsible when he/she drives into a ditch, excuse being they were only sitting behind the wheel.  Perhaps they would also claim they had no control over the condition of the tyres because they had spent to money on replacing seat covers that didn't need replacing.  After the crash of course, there is the cost of straightening out the car, hence the cuts.

This was cut after and came from above Drury. Drury can only spend what he his given and if you release players to make funds to use then have them removed in a cut i think id be pissed of but nobody realises that bit yet

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 12:36:13 PM »

This was cut after and came from above Drury. Drury can only spend what he his given and if you release players to make funds to use then have them removed in a cut i think id be pissed of but nobody realises that bit yet

What do the club say it has been reduced by Bostonshire ?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 12:46:55 PM »
Around 20% GHM

Seenbetter

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 01:12:13 PM »
Well I think thats less than attendances have been cut, which must be nearer 30%.
Another budget cut on its way I think.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2013, 01:16:14 PM »
Well I think thats less than attendances have been cut, which must be nearer 30%.

Its got to be done next season as we arnt getting the cash from newton next year

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2013, 01:17:21 PM »

This season's avg attendance is, thus far, 12% down on last year's.

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 02:14:03 PM »

Have a read on the below webpage regarding attendances.

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/New-Boston-United-manager-Graham-Drury-sets/story-17620403-detail/story.html#axzz2MWTA56lQ
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 02:15:48 PM by BosLeake »

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 02:23:18 PM »

Have a read on the below webpage regarding attendances.

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/New-Boston-United-manager-Graham-Drury-sets/story-17620403-detail/story.html#axzz2MWTA56lQ

Everyone should read this!
United we stand..................

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 02:46:17 PM »
've just wasted two minutes reading it and a now asking myself why I bothered? We ll remember these words, and what seem like hollow promises or idealistic boasts and these words might come back to haunt him

However, if and at this stage it is if, his 'agreed' budget has been cut and again "if" it has been cut as much as the 20% suggested, pesonally my whole mind set about him, would change and turn once again full circle

It started off as excitement, then went, to give him time, then oh get real, then onto total ambivalence, passed last week by, who gives a toss, back to, now my anger has died down and Mrs G's breakfast will again be made he's our manager we have to support him.

If this  alleged budget cut has been made, and I dearly would love someone more informed than I to confirm it one way or the other, then my unequivocal support will go flying back in his direction, as an agreement has to be uniateral.

my concern however is that no cuts have been made and we simply stink at the moment!

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 02:52:37 PM »
Is Drury not kind of making his own Budget ?  When he was interviewed for the postion did he inform Mr Newton that we would double the gate? the same as he told us supporters.  With gates on the downward slide since his appointment, can he really be that surprised that his budget has been cut.  He cant have it both ways!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 02:54:49 PM »
At the end of the day its just a challange, United as a club with its fantastic fans (sometimes) and the staff within the club have always overcome the setbacks thrown its way and i still think again we will overcome them if we all stick together.

Boston united is more a family