Author Topic: If Nigel Farage (UKIP)  (Read 36598 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: If Nigel Farage (UKIP)
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2013, 09:26:49 AM »
What 'local services' are being put under immense pressure by immigration into Boston? I'm curious. It's just, every time I'm back here, the streets don't - as yet - appear to be strewn with refuge and sewage as one might expect given the hype. The Pilgrim's maternity ward would have apparently struggled to justify its continued existence had migration not provided some much needed demand, and the sheer volume of foreign-owned shops suggests that were it not for them, there would be a hell of a lot of boarded-up units at the moment. Crime has been on a downward trend for years etc etc...
Try getting an appointment before June at your doctors! You could also have a stroll in the central park if dare!

Doesn't your surgery do sit and wait appointments?

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2013, 09:29:07 AM »
There was a strong hint on Look North last night that Farage was considering putting up against our local clown at the next election.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2013, 03:02:31 PM »
What 'local services' are being put under immense pressure by immigration into Boston? I'm curious. It's just, every time I'm back here, the streets don't - as yet - appear to be strewn with refuge and sewage as one might expect given the hype. The Pilgrim's maternity ward would have apparently struggled to justify its continued existence had migration not provided some much needed demand, and the sheer volume of foreign-owned shops suggests that were it not for them, there would be a hell of a lot of boarded-up units at the moment. Crime has been on a downward trend for years etc etc...
Try getting an appointment before June at your doctors! You could also have a stroll in the central park if dare!

Doesn't your surgery do sit and wait appointments?

Mine does a stand outside and wait in the freezing cold appoinyments . >:(

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2013, 03:14:35 PM »
There was a strong hint on Look North last night that Farage was considering putting up against our local clown at the next election.

Lets hope this produces a knee-jerk reaction from Simmonds .   But if so we should not forget of forgive the little he has done for his constituents in his time here .   Here we have a MP with a safe seat who has been able to ignore the constituents he represents and toe the party line (a*rsol creep) to further his career with the citizens of Boston & Skegness and district being the big losers . Lets make a change at the next election .

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2013, 12:44:44 PM »
Published on 09/05/2013 17:07 Standard

TV personality Charlie Brooker has issued a scathing attack on one of Boston’s newly-elected UKIP county councillors - suggesting she has no ‘mind’.

On last night’s Channel 4 show 10 O’clock Live, Elizabeth Ransome was singled out in a satirical UKIP segment presented by the comedian.

A photo of the 26-year-old was shown along with an article citisising one of her Facebook statuses which allegedly asked: ‘I no this is probably a stupid question but is tuna a real fish like ones that swim in water?’.

Brooker said: “It’s refreshing to find a politician prepared to speak their mind – even when they don’t have one.”

The Standard has been unable to contact Elizabeth, but has spoken with her father – unsuccessful UKIP candidate Don Ransome.

“She seems to have been targeted unfairly, but she will rise above it all and prove them wrong,” he said.

Suggesting a possible smear campaign by opposing parties, he added: “We have our own suspicions who is behind all this. They seem to think she is our weakest link and they are going to make capital on it.”

Elizabeth was one of three Ransome family members to be successfully elected in their Boston wards - with mum Sue and sister Felicity also winning their seats. Don and fellow daughter Jodie Sutton finished second in their races.

“She doesn’t know an awful lot about council work but she has got a council mentor - as have all the political novices, and she is determined to learn,” said Don.

“We have brought a lot of people on board who have never worked in council before and they are all being looked after to bring them on. We are all political novices at one stage.”

Speaking about the comments made on the show, he said: “Obviously, as a father it hurts when it is your child that is being spoken of like that, especially as she’s only 26.”

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2013, 03:43:11 PM »
I recently made the acquaintance of my local councillor, Tory, and nailed him about what was going on with the town.

His only reaction was to say that he was a new boy on the council, and therefore had to do what he was told.

I always thought the idea of local councillors was to represent their electorate - politics should NOT come into local issues and, in my humble opinion, ALL councillors should be Independant.

I know that this will never be the case, but I would love my local councillor to represent me, and not toe the party line.

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2013, 04:50:38 PM »
Is that the Charlie Brooker who writes for that awful leftie rag the guardian? Can understand why he has stooped to such a low level of humour, he must be gutted with UKIP'S resounding trouncing of his fellow lefties.

SOOTY

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2013, 08:36:52 AM »
...erm.....thanx Nigel for showing solidarity with my ex-wiife on Breakfast TV this morning! She is the dinner lady featured in global media and telly at present for serving a Muslim child gammon....by accident!x If i'd have been a Muslim she'd have fed me itregular by mistake...it's why I loved her and married her....innocence personified!x

LUV
SOOTY
X

...other than that.....I know noffink ure honour and din't do owt or speak to anyone.....me number is K66366 from borstal end of..........!hehe!x
@@
~

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2013, 02:03:55 PM »
SOOTYS BACK! :)

SOOTY

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2013, 07:08:59 PM »
...fear not Howmanynames2pick......this name has never left Boston....tis in the heart.......honest.............!x
@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

....'ope Dennis has finished faffing and yer on it.......!x

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2013, 09:31:51 PM »
Question Time BBC1 tonight at 10:35pm is from Boston and Nigel Farage is on the panel.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2013, 10:13:45 PM »
Question Time BBC1 tonight at 10:35pm is from Boston and Nigel Farage is on the panel.

Sleepless nights for Mark Simmonds ?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2013, 08:38:16 AM »
Lots of questions, but very few answers :(
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2013, 09:49:53 AM »
Typical BBC hand picked audience, majority made up of the loony left/liberal brigade, hardly conducive for an impartial discussion. Thought Nigel Farage came across pretty well.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2013, 10:18:56 AM »
I liked the guy from Northampton, he likened himself to Polish nationals.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late