Author Topic: v Glos  (Read 9003 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
v Glos
« on: January 31, 2016, 05:05:32 PM »
Awful. No quality. Hoof ball. Zero end product.

File under Lowestoft away and Worcester away.

TEP

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Glos
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 05:12:52 PM »
oh well. Always was gonna be a dodgy one as the form was the only one better than ours

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 06:37:00 PM »
A typically tight game against them but we missed 3 sitters and got more desperate just lumping it straight to their defenders and in the 2nd half they caused problems and the lad reacted first after speiss saved the initial shot. Very disappointing. We've done great of late but too many of those shockers is why we're not top

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 08:15:14 PM »
Should have been three up at half time, three glaring misses the worst being Kanes tap in after Singh had spilled the ball through his legs how he could fail to hit a space 8 yards by 8 foot from 10 yards beggars belief. In the second half we lost our shape completely. I thought our keeper played well as did Liam Marrs who put a great shift in but we really need Dayle back to put away those chances and we are clearly missing Jordan. Lets hope without a game next week some shape and understanding will get developed on the training pitch. UTP.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 02:31:13 PM »
Unfortunately Kaines miss has gone viral on face book but I want him to know that these things happen and we all think the world of him. Keep you chin up son. UTP.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 05:59:48 PM »
Unfortunately Kaines miss has gone viral on face book but I want him to know that these things happen and we all think the world of him. Keep you chin up son. UTP.

I just searched for "Kane Felix Miss" on YouTube. The video (not safe for work) isn't exactly how I remember the incident yesterday ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX5uhg3HIk4

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 09:39:33 PM »

I just searched for "Kane Felix Miss" on YouTube. The video (not safe for work) isn't exactly how I remember the incident yesterday ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX5uhg3HIk4

No wonder he missed if he was watching this link!
tax free sarcasm and irony included

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 10:36:32 PM »
It puzzles me that your fans and manager have said you should've been three up before we scored. I've done highlights of the game and we had as many chances as Boston.

It was a good game, we've improved immensely from the first half of the season. If we can keep it up we might score at Boston next year if you're still with us.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 11:16:57 PM »
It puzzles me that your fans and manager have said you should've been three up before we scored. I've done highlights of the game and we had as many chances as Boston.
Well Hilliard missed a sitter in the opening minute, Sands headed wide from in front of goal and Felix missed an open goal. That makes 3... all in the first half. You had your chances in the 2nd half.

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 11:31:00 PM »
We had as many chances in the first half. Watch the highlights and you'll see,

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 11:55:30 PM »
You will never win this argument with Neil. The edited highlights must be true coz he said so..
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 12:06:36 AM »
I went to the match, why should I watch your highlights? It's not about the number of chances, but how good the chances were (which, if you could read you'd see that). Don't be a dingbat.

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 12:24:30 AM »

Should have been 3up. Weren't. Lost. Sh*t happens. Play-offs or mid-table ambiguity? You decide, tigerroar. You can only dream. For us, reality.
tax free sarcasm and irony included

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 05:52:21 AM »
Why were your chances more likely to end in goals than ours? How can you quote reality in the future when you don't understand it in the present?!

If all chances had of gone in it would've been 3-3. The reality is it ended 1-0.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 07:27:29 AM »
The worrying thing from my point of view is that Boston barely created a chance in the second half, once they had conceded - and there was ample time to do it. You would have thought they would have been bombarding the Gloucester goal but they hardly got close. Yes, Boston came out of the blocks well in the first half but when it mattered and they needed to really impose themselves on the game they were left wanting.

Would just add, although it's early days, I didn't see much in the new signings to suggest they were any better than what we've got / had / sent out on loan - but will reserve judgement until they've had a home game.

TEP