Author Topic: retained list  (Read 31407 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: retained list
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2017, 11:14:50 AM »
CLUB STATEMENT: HMRC and club staff
Posted: Sat 29 Apr 2017
Author: leytonorient.com
image: http://www.leytonorient.com/cms_images/badge89-215501_613x460.jpg

LOFC
The O's
Image by: LOFC
In response to recent press releases, the Club confirms that today there isn't any outstanding debt to Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and all salaries have been paid in full.

Read more at http://www.leytonorient.com/news/article/2016-17/os-statement-wages-and-hmrc-3697300.aspx#ju6y0TPsOvGboFzW.99
United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2017, 08:51:30 AM »
the meaning of non league which is semi professional, and part time.

Really? Surely it just means "below the Football League". Traditionally, yes, non-league clubs were all part-time, but football has now evolved.

Were Rushden the first non-league team to go full time?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2017, 01:12:25 PM »

Really? Surely it just means "below the Football League". Traditionally, yes, non-league clubs were all part-time, but football has now evolved.

Back in the late 50s there was a wage cap of £20/week for footballers playing in the football league. There were no such rules for other leagues so clubs such as Headington United (later to become Oxford United) who played in the Southern League would offer players higher wages. Thus a journeyman centre-half called Ron Atkinson was able to earn more money playing for Headington than England international Tom Finney was earning at Preston North End.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2017, 02:26:05 PM »

Back in the late 50s there was a wage cap of £20/week for footballers playing in the football league. There were no such rules for other leagues so clubs such as Headington United (later to become Oxford United) who played in the Southern League would offer players higher wages. Thus a journeyman centre-half called Ron Atkinson was able to earn more money playing for Headington than England international Tom Finney was earning at Preston North End.

Not forgetting the amateur footballers of that era .   Amateur cup finals to a packed Wembley Stadium and the best teams getting gates of around 6-8k I seem to recall .  Many of these players were good enough for the FL .     

Bostonian Mike Pinner was the England goalie ,  never turned pro but at spells at top clubs including Man U , Aston V and a few more .

youngchubby69

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2017, 07:35:40 PM »
You guys have amazing memories and great stories, that's why I love this forum.

youngchubby69

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2017, 02:41:27 PM »
Would have expected to see the official retained list by now, the suspense is killing me lol 😁

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2017, 04:22:27 PM »
Shane Clark released .  more to follow shortly according to OS.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2017, 07:04:55 PM »
Would have expected to see the official retained list by now, the suspense is killing me lol 😁
This forum IS the official list Chubby, you read most things here first!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2017, 07:24:19 PM »
Shane Clark released .  more to follow shortly according to OS.

Oxo will be raising a glass to that one LOL

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2017, 08:15:59 PM »
Nat Brown and Gordon gone .

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2017, 08:17:05 PM »
Can't be many left

youngchubby69

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2017, 09:40:41 PM »
Very true TTT

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2017, 11:28:29 PM »
 Good the Stamford lads are still here .
   Hope that Grant Roberts stays..
     Looking at squad page ,maybe 11 will stay ,which is too many  :angel:

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2017, 06:50:49 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of the players released so far (apart from the loans returning to their parent clubs) have been Dennis Greene signings. I'm not convinced that all of Murray's own signings pulled any trees up, so it does worry me a little bit that all of his own men still seem to be here. If we've true play-off ambitions for next season then we need a manager who isn't going to show favouritism to his own signings - putting the Adam Chapman debate to one side, has Colby Bishop really done enough during his games for us to indicate that he is the required standard?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2017, 09:47:02 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of the players released so far (apart from the loans returning to their parent clubs) have been Dennis Greene signings. I'm not convinced that all of Murray's own signings pulled any trees up, so it does worry me a little bit that all of his own men still seem to be here. If we've true play-off ambitions for next season then we need a manager who isn't going to show favouritism to his own signings - putting the Adam Chapman debate to one side, has Colby Bishop really done enough during his games for us to indicate that he is the required standard?

I guess more will be moved out and the ones that have gone were easy decisions .  Looking at it from another angle YSP the few players that most fans what to keep are Greene signings , early days but Adam will have to do better with signings than thus far .

Surely Bishop must go ,   Adam signed 5 strikers including Bishop and they delivered and they scored an aggregate of 4 goals including one pen .      A poorer return than Fairhurst and Colley  ?