Author Topic: Time to act?  (Read 24249 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Time to act?
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2017, 02:30:08 PM »
Murray has a family to support so he will not voluntary leave until he secures another job . Football is maybe all he knows so hopefully he can get an academy job through his football connections .  Pretty certain that Adam has not got what it takes to be a football manager even at a lower level .

If as N/F says we lose the next two games we will find  DN will be confronted by gates of 750 and only half those paying at the gate with the rest S/T holders .  If we are to retain our place in CN it will be a case for changes  , with Adams appalling record with signings I don't think giving him a bigger budget would help .  Add to this to make the present budget workable for a new manager coming in we have to unload the rest of the Mansfield mob .  Then again will we settle for as you were and slide peacefully into the Unibond ?

As Andy says Greene will not be back ,  I like most liked  him as a manger but second time round does not usually work as a rule .
The way of his departure was badly conceived and no one of the opposing parties came out with credit .    And the chairman must have been as sad as most supporters that he was not given a fair run to turn things round .   

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2017, 02:39:02 PM »
Mel, the minutes will be available as always at next year's AGM.
It's not for me to divulge what's said, after all it's not a fans forum, all I'm saying is the impression I got from DN when questioned about the management. At the end of the day he doesn't have to go into the detail he does, it's after all a meeting regarding the financial situation at the club and the future plans.

Andy you are giving a different line here revealing it was your interpretation of what DN said . 
In your previous post you said the chairman made it clear Murray would be given a lot more time .

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2017, 02:55:34 PM »
Badly put on my part, I should have said 'the tone implied'.

Hope that clears it up, a genuine mistake on my part.. 

youngchubby69

« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2017, 06:51:19 PM »
Well Monday is here, and still it looks like Adam has kept his Job, what the hell is the board playing at, they have either not got enough money to pay him off, or deluded.
For God sake Adam just go, we have all had enough of your project of doom.

I have said my piece on here but I am fed up people like you trying to dictate to the board,it is clear what your feelings are and I respect that, if you want to know " What the hell is the board playing at?" Why don't you ask them instead of asking people on here who know just as much, or little as you. Same with the manager he will answer your questions face to face. I totally agree something has got to be done and have said so but I will approach the board and the manager with my concerns.   UTP

Out of respect for you and the fact that you are actively doing positive things for the club, my response will be measured and respectful.
Firstly my post was a comment not a question, this is a forum and like you I have the right to make those comments.
Your previous post that you refer too was far more scathingly and critical than mine.
I have emailed the board and secretary but get no response, so they obviously are not bothered.
I will put my questions to Adam, but he never comes over to the fans to talk to them, perhaps it might help his cause if he actually spoke to us, a fans question time could be an idea.
You probably have a fantastic relationship with the board and manager,so please enlighten us with what the board is doing regarding the manager and the new ground etc.
There is a lot of fans who are very nervous about this season and the future of this club.
I stand behind my comment, and I think you will find up until recently a big supporter of Adam,but it's not working for him and I have lost complete faith in him.
So the only thing we can now hope for is the board does the right thing.
Dictating to the boar??? Well I don't think I am that important or influential  to this club or board, I think you would be the most likely person that they would listen to.
Sorry to make you fed up, but you will find their are many us that feel that way.
Keep up the good work with the fundraising it is very much appreciated.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2017, 07:08:18 PM »
Y C  Of course as I said I respect your views and accept you are entitled to express them on here. Had you stated that you had attempted to contact the board and been ignored my reaction would have been completely different. I have no more access to the board as you, so am as much in the dark as what their view of things are or what they are intending to do about it. We all agree something has to happen to turn things around on the field whatever that may be. Feelings are running high but whatever we all have to stick together behind the club for if we throw the towel in the club is finished. I will speak with the BUSA committee regarding making an approach to the board on behalf of our members.

youngchubby69

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2017, 07:26:21 PM »
Many Thanks OXO.
I know there is probably not much to report on regarding the club and progress with the new ground,but an update might just settle the nerves a bit.
Let's just hope for a positive result this weekend, God knows we all need a cup run, and something to cheer about.
I will always be behind this club, it's in my heart and soul, and the club has suffered enough, but I am a firm believer in that things eventually turn your way.

natmic 66

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2017, 07:38:36 PM »
Its a wonder Newton hasn't thrown the towel in himself..........

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2017, 08:15:40 PM »
I said yesterdy he must be gutted & this mess must be like a bad dream for him. I think we are in a bigger hole right now than the end of the Jason Lee reign & the Drury episode. They were both sacked & results are no better under Murray but performances are much worse. There's mention of AM being given more time & even more money - really??  If there were signs of improvement & a bit of hope of a run of results yes back him! However DN must be sadly weighing up his options here before it's to late. Like many of us i feel for the bloke, he's tried his best for the club & like us only wants success for BUFC. Yet here we are staring at the northern prem with a manager who's signings & style would struggle in that league.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2017, 08:16:54 PM »

I've thought that many a time over the last 12 months natmic .

To intrude on Chubby v Oxo comments :  Listening to Adams comments , promises, and U turns during his tenure would we learn anything from his comments if confronted by fans  ?  I think not .

Board statement , nothing can be said until decisions are made ,  good business don't / can't reveal detail in advance .

Adam has made round about 30 signings in his time here ,   How many of these would hold a place down in a play-off challenging team ?Answer will be a good indication as to if AM is up to the job .

natmic 66

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2017, 09:14:08 PM »
His ideas for non league/part time footy are all wrong....I like the board thought he was the right man for the job...obviously not!!!

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2017, 09:32:42 PM »
His ideas for non league/part time footy are all wrong....I like the board thought he was the right man for the job...obviously not!!!
I was was the same Natmic, really saw him as a good appointment due to his promotion success as a player & player manager in conference.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2017, 09:40:22 PM »
How often do guys drop out of the league and make a success of management in non league?

Not many.

I guess the next appointment has to come from non league.

Shame as I like many thought he was the right man for the job. He might turn it round but nothing I've seen so far gives me any optimism that he will.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2017, 09:47:15 PM »
How often do guys drop out of the league and make a success of management in non league?

Not many.

I guess the next appointment has to come from non league.

Shame as I like many thought he was the right man for the job. He might turn it round but nothing I've seen so far gives me any optimism that he will.

Any ideas Andy ?

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2017, 09:49:56 PM »
Get culverhouse from kings lynn

youngchubby69

« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2017, 09:54:30 PM »
I think Lynn are home tomorrow night, I might go and have a look,
Any other Ideas who would be decent replacement.