Author Topic: Tonight’s Match  (Read 2569 times)

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
Tonight’s Match
« on: September 13, 2022, 11:12:49 PM »
Firstly we’ll done to the club and the supporters for tonight’s tribute for our late Queen. Superb and respectful. The game was a comfortable win and the female referee was the best I’ve seen this season took no play acting etc.  Mark Rawls as a legend and great food in the lounge. All in all a great night.

semion

• View Profile
Re: Tonight’s Match
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 06:26:01 AM »
How do you like them apples ?

This train looks ready to roll

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 06:57:11 AM »
Well, that was better, wasn't it? It's amazing what can happen when you have a different mind set, a proper shape (where players appear to know what their role is) - and playing people where they're suited. I don't think I've seen Leesley have a better game for us. Ball on the floor too, and movement as well as a sense of urgency. I'm not getting carried away, but I don't suppose we'll complain if we play with that style and attitude (well, most of us anyway). At the Kettering game we wondered who on earth could be man of the match. Last night we had quite a few candidates.

And Buxton played their part in a good game. Both teams wanted to play proper football, and the fact that a trainer didn't have to enter the field says quite a bit. And I agree that the ref was excellent (and I told her so in Ellenders afterwards - praise where it's due). She was decisive and took no nonsense, and was helped by the fact that both teams wanted to get on with it in the right spirit. It was very reassuring after Southport were still play acting when they were 5-0 up in that dreadful first game.

Good luck to Buxton for the season - and UTP.

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2022, 07:07:50 AM »
For the first time this season it actually felt like we knew how to play the game and actually use the playing surface. The players worked for each other to create things as a group going forwards, and when we didn’t have possession the closing down was fantastic. Jordan Crawford took his chances well and worked ridiculously hard until he ran out of legs. I’m a side issue, I have to give the ref the thumbs up. Many officials get slammed on social media but last night she was in charge without being a pest, she let things go when she could, and got the one huge decision spot on.
It’s a nice change to feel I have a glass half full this morning, and maybe, just maybe the season isn’t a complete write off.

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 07:13:50 AM »
It's been a long time since I've seen both teams and the officials all applauded as they left the pitch!!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 08:09:06 AM »
I w as one of the many clapping both teams and the officials at the end, wonderful to see a refferee who didn't consider that the game was all about her let it flow with no nonsense,
refreshing. It was also a bit of a treat to see both teams wanting to play the game in the right way and deserved those applause. Some very good performances but special mention for both full backs both contenders for man of the match, (and yes this is me) Joe Leesley playing a pivotal role when the manager got through to him and urged him to play the ball forward. And to me the manager demanding they move the ball forward at every opportunity was the diferrence it was obvious the lads loved playing this way. UTP

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 09:12:01 AM »
Credit to the manager for implementing this change so quickly along with the team selection.

Agree with all the comments on the game, the referee and both teams.

How good is the effort and performance level of Jordan Crawford?

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2022, 09:45:01 AM »
At least Cox was right when he said that Crawford would be a crowd pleaser!

I too was very happy to applaud everyone off at the end.