Author Topic: Fans and The Club  (Read 4052 times)

PilgrimSam

• View Profile
Fans and The Club
« on: March 07, 2010, 08:59:09 PM »
As we all know over the last few seasons weve had demotions, relegation and money worry but i dont need to continue with all this.

What i am trying to say is ever since these crappy events our club has lost alot of spirit and its great community. Remember the Town End being packed? Remember familys taking a day out to come see Boston United?

I know some of this is due to the league we are in. I know most kids would rather stay in watching Man Utd, Chelsea etc.

I dont know what else to say but we need to change this for the better.
And for the record i know the odd few will make negative comments about what i have just written.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS ;D

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fans and The Club
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 09:01:48 PM »
The town end wasnt full much. In truth the gates are holding well and considering the problems and the dark years i think most clubs at our statue would know be playing in front of 300 to 400

PilgrimSam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 09:03:58 PM »
Ok fair point but think about how we was in the conference and so on

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 09:15:44 PM »
Agree with Bostonshire, the gates are holding up really well. First couple of seasons in the league gates where up to 3000+ but after the initial euphoria we where back down to around the 2000 mark.

Traditionally in the 80's and 90's when I first started watching we got circa 1500 in the Conference, we aren't that far off that now playing 2 leagues lower. If/when we get back to the Conf Nat I would expect/hope our crowds to be between 1700-2000.

I think the community spirit and good will towards the club is the best it's ever been personally largely thanks to DN the best and most approachable chairman the club has ever had.

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 10:05:03 PM »
We are FORTUNATE, VERY FORTUNATE 2 days fron extinction to b in our position now.Thanks to no less to DN NK who have slowly but surely is turning this great non league tanker around.After nearly sinking with all on board this great ship will be riding the high waves with a great verve of optimism.If any of you doubt the support of this club look at all attendances from UNIDUMP LEAGUE TO LG 2 yesterdays fixture and compare to BOSTON last home game.I think we are bucking the trend here.....i for one is very proud to be supporting this great club!!...TUES get to RETFORD and sing your hearts out for the lads!!!!!!!!!!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 10:11:33 PM »
I think a win at retford on tues and i think the att will start to rise a little reaching 1500 for our easter friday game

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 09:51:06 AM »
I think the community spirit and good will towards the club is the best it's ever been personally largely thanks to DN the best and most approachable chairman the club has ever had.

Seconded. This season has the best feeling about the club that I have ever known. It's nice to have a bit of excitement about the place for the right reasons. The club is making all the right moves both on and off the pitch and I think most of the fans know that.

PilgrimSam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 09:35:44 PM »
ok guys now that you have put things into prospectuve i agree.  :D

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 09:42:49 PM »
Can see the attendances for the last couple of home games being huge. If we have a chance of promotion if we beat FCUM at home the attendance could be 3-4000. Didn't we get 4,000 odd when we beat Granfum to win the DMPL?? Obvioulsy FCUM will bring a larger away following whatever the scenario.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 10:26:12 PM »
i look at the fixtures for us guiesly and bpa as there the only teams i see being able to win the title still and we seem to have just about the easiest run in of them all so im quite confident with a good run at the end of the season will see us take the title straight out