Author Topic: Chester wound up  (Read 5830 times)

LeeChase

• View Profile
Chester wound up
« on: March 10, 2010, 01:14:14 PM »
I'm glad we have a golden chestnut.

It did occur to me that this leaves a gap in the league structure. Presumably extra teams are promoted to fill these gaps but who decides.
Touched by his noodly appendage.

LeeChase

• View Profile
Re: Chester wound up
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 01:21:45 PM »
Just realized this is a dumb question. They will relegate one less from the conference, one less from south or north etc. If Durham are not already safe it must be getting close.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 01:48:30 PM »
Because the gap has been created at Conference level (which is national), any reprieves will be done on a points-per-game basis across any regional levels. Durham still have some way to go, unless a couple of clubs drop out of our league.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 02:41:53 PM »
Farsley Celtic have gone as well. Another northern club - from the Conference North.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/8559656.stm

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 03:10:18 PM »
Looks like Weymouth in the Conference South are living on borrowed time - again. I know if they do go bust this doesn't affect Durham but could it have a bearing on which league Boston would be in if we were to go up? We seem to one of these clubs that qualifies for both Conf. North and South.

LeeChase

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 03:20:50 PM »
How many clubs were to be relegated from the Unibond Premier?

Even if Chester and Weymouth do not affect Durham there's still Farseley and Kings Lynn to account for.

ordsallfan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 03:47:41 PM »
When a team drops out of that league then all it means is 1 less team in that league are relgated unless a team asks for demotion....

unibond premier teams will only be affected by other unibond premier teams going to the wall...

Promotion into leagues will only be affected if more than the number of teams to be relegated from that league fold....

It is hard to put into words but you bassiccly need more than 2 conf north teams to fold before extra teams from the unibond will be promoted....

Then their s all the grading issues in top.....

Who said football was a simple game.... ??? ???

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 05:11:04 PM »
Surely the addition of Farsley Celtic 2010 to the league below us will effect relegation form ours?

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 05:13:29 PM »
How many clubs were to be relegated from the Unibond Premier?

Even if Chester and Weymouth do not affect Durham there's still Farseley and Kings Lynn to account for.

At the start of the season there should have been 4 teams relegated from the Unibond Premier, however with the demise of Kings Lynn and Newcastle Blue Star it means that at present only 2 teams will be relegated.

LeeChase

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 05:19:27 PM »
Agreed but the gap has to be plugged somewhere.

1 less coming down to the conference north and 1 going to the wall in the conference north means 2 less teams go down to the Unibond Premier.
As 2 less teams have come down and 2 have gone to the wall in the Unibond Premier then 4 less teams are relegated.

So Durham relegated?

Are the 2 places from Blue Square North replaced by not relegating teams from BSN and BSS, so not just the Unibond gains?

I suppose Conf North relegates to Uni N and S but Chester is hardly south. Might just cause a reshuffle then and we end up south next year if we're not promoted.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:23:02 PM by LeeChase »

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 07:27:11 PM »
I certainly wouldn't want to be in the shoes of whoevers job it is to sort out the non-league pyramid this summer.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 10:39:35 PM »
I certainly wouldn't want to be in the shoes of whoevers job it is to sort out the non-league pyramid this summer.

Absolutely, its gonna be a right mess, is it possible that we could be shifted south whether we go up or not?

There may be some very southern clubs in the BSN next season

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 08:59:00 AM »
Let's hope we don't go South next season.Let's remember our managers and several players are Northern based and i'm not sure they would fancy it if we went South,as alluded to by H&S at the fans forum.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 06:01:30 PM »
Let's hope we don't go South next season.Let's remember our managers and several players are Northern based and i'm not sure they would fancy it if we went South,as alluded to by H&S at the fans forum.

With so many northern based players in our squad it could mean a nearly complete overhaul of the squad again if we were shifted south which would be a nightmare.