Author Topic: Nuneaton Town  (Read 17166 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nuneaton Town
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2017, 04:00:29 PM »
Good to see Gregg Smith tweet "Great character today boys" I guess he's referring to the few minutes near the end when we equalised.Just a shame we never showed great character for the 80+ minutes before!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2017, 04:27:35 PM »
Good to see Gregg Smith tweet "Great character today boys" I guess he's referring to the few minutes near the end when we equalised.Just a shame we never showed great character for the 80+ minutes before!

I thought you went to the beach?

youngchubby69

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2017, 04:45:10 PM »
No its not good at the moment, but you still have a club to support and a chairman sticking money in.
I personally don't know why he does it, as all he gets is moaners and groaners who think we should be top of the league because we are Boston Utd the biggest club in non League, we'll let me shock you here, We are not anymore, we are are one of the minnows,get used to it.
Perhaps if you keep moaning enough the chairman will walk a way,and who can blame him with the negativity of some fans.
Then you will all have something to moan about, remember Kettering Town and Rushden and Diamonds,let's join them shall we ???

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2017, 04:55:29 PM »
Excellent points there chubster

Franketh

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2017, 05:10:04 PM »
Really good point...Newton said he thought about quitting last season due to the atmosphere around the club until AM came in, which would be disaster for his club

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2017, 06:38:08 PM »
No its not good at the moment, but you still have a club to support and a chairman sticking money in.
I personally don't know why he does it, as all he gets is moaners and groaners who think we should be top of the league because we are Boston Utd the biggest club in non League, we'll let me shock you here, We are not anymore, we are are one of the minnows,get used to it.
Perhaps if you keep moaning enough the chairman will walk a way,and who can blame him with the negativity of some fans.
Then you will all have something to moan about, remember Kettering Town and Rushden and Diamonds,let's join them shall we ???

Your relatively new to Patter chubby , if you look back over the last few years you will see this message as been repeated by some of us at various times .    Three managers got abuse on an intensive scale ,  and one of those overachieved with results  .

Thankfully the worst offenders on here do not post any longer ,     not standing on the Spayne Terrace for the last 2 seasons I don't know the extend of the abuse but I constantly heard foul mouth abuse shouted in front of women and children . Does this still happen ?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2017, 06:41:49 PM »
Chubby you don't know why he sticks the money in? I would if I had it for the abuse knowing I'm going to make millions on building houses.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2017, 06:56:48 PM »
Chubby you don't know why he sticks the money in? I would if I had it for the abuse knowing I'm going to make millions on building houses.
Bit cynical KoN..

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2017, 07:49:28 PM »
DN was making millions for Chestnut Homes before he took over BUFC...

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2017, 08:53:59 PM »
Nice one Pilgrim86.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2017, 11:16:23 PM »
The difference between this side and Dennis's last side is with the one Dennis left us with we would have lost 1-0 yesterday. I thought yesterday it was a dismal performance by both sides but at least we showed some fight at the end and the heads didn't drop.

BUFC v Vauxhall Motors  7th match in Greenes first season .

" Und finally got their leveller with 64 SECS of normal time remaining , Newsham cracking the ball home .

I'm talking about the team he left us with Pete in his last season. Dennis worked wonders in those 3 seasons sadly he got side tracked and took his eye of the ball in his last season here.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

youngchubby69

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2017, 01:04:24 AM »

So what if he is going to make millions out of the quadrant development, whatever the reason he took over the club and don't forget the massive debts that came with it, without him we wouldn't have BUFC anymore and God knows what we be called now, or where would we be playing.if at all.
And that development is going to help pay t for the new stadium, so I don't begrudge them a penny they make.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2017, 11:56:59 AM »
The club has about 1000 regular supporters yet the minutely small minority who post on here really do see themselves as having a powerful voice. It's time we all realised whatever we post on here is probably only read within this group and has little effect on anyone else so carry on writing what you like because we are not as powerful as we think.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2017, 11:58:39 AM »
The difference between this side and Dennis's last side is with the one Dennis left us with we would have lost 1-0 yesterday. I thought yesterday it was a dismal performance by both sides but at least we showed some fight at the end and the heads didn't drop.

BUFC v Vauxhall Motors  7th match in Greenes first season .

" Und finally got their leveller with 64 SECS of normal time remaining , Newsham cracking the ball home .

I'm talking about the team he left us with Pete in his last season. Dennis worked wonders in those 3 seasons sadly he got side tracked and took his eye of the ball in his last season here.

5th Nov 2016 .   Telford away .     Rollins pass turned in for winner in the first minute of injury time by Smith .

I recall several fight backs under Greene Dave .   One of my favourites was Max Stryceck debut ,   2 gaols down after 5 mins  against Harrogate then a 5 goal comeback .

One significant difference that struck me about Mondays late winner was the players did not fill the technical area celebrating with the manager as used to happen in Greenes time .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2017, 12:10:15 PM »
The club has about 1000 regular supporters yet the minutely small minority who post on here really do see themselves as having a powerful voice. It's time we all realised whatever we post on here is probably only read within this group and has little effect on anyone else so carry on writing what you like because we are not as powerful as we think.

Most on here debate and give their own opinion realising it is what it is ,  a platform to put over individual ideas /opinions , knowing it will make no impact on the running of the club .

Now if you are looking to alter the history of the club it appears to me the answer is to get on Twitter /facebook or shout foul mouth abuse from the terrace/main stand .     I,m going to stick with patter Mel .