Author Topic: Have all the teams around us got adequate grounds for promotion.  (Read 6886 times)

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
Have all the teams around us got adequate grounds for promotion.
« on: February 10, 2010, 10:24:26 PM »
I just wondered if all the teams around us have stadiums which would allow them to take promotion at the end of the season. I'm not clutching at straws I just wondered.

Also I noticed that North Ferriby have to play Kendal both home and away yet aswell as BPA so although these teams have games in hand something must give. I'm starting to think points in the bag are better than playing catch up.

just wondered what peoples thought were on it as the season is starting to reach the last two and a half months, not to forget the unibond semi-final, I think we've done well to get so many home draws that if it is regionalised than it'll be Retford and I think we'll get an away draw.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Have all the teams around us got adequate grounds for promotion.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 11:06:10 PM »
we got curzon away. As far as im aware  the clubs around us would get a season to get there ground up to scratch anyway. But there is still major doubts around retford as they have to bring it up to unibond prem status(work ongoing)yet. So they may be the only team that could fall.

If anyone knows any different please post as richie said its clutching at straws but summit to think about

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 11:19:35 PM »
I heard Retford's ground isn't up to scratch and could be demoted end of season like Cammel Laird last season.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
I think Retford recently started ground improvements . But will they be done on time ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 11:16:41 AM »
March 31st is the deadline...

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 11:22:51 AM »
that would mkae it good enough for the this league but what about BSN

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 11:29:25 AM »
It only needs to be good enough for this league for them to be allowed promotion. Then they'd have until March 31st next year to get the ground up to BSN standard.

In essence if Retford win the league/get in a play off position then one of two things will happen:

- If their ground is good enough for this league then they go up/play in the play offs and have a year to make the extra improvements required for BSN.
- If their ground isn't good enough for this league then they go down to the Unibond div. 1 and wouldn't be allowed to take part in the play offs.

It's interesting to note that Retford could conceivably win the league and the league cup and still be demoted.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 11:34:58 AM by Pride of Bostonshire »

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 11:49:18 AM »

It's interesting to note that Retford could conceivably win the league and the league cup and still be demoted.

If Retford do not get their ground up to standard in time and Burscough do fold we could not only have the situation of Retford winning the league and league cup and being relegated, but also Durham finishing bottom with 0 points and staying up!!

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 12:01:17 PM »
Durham finishing bottom with 0 points and staying up!!

Do Durham still have a possible points deduction for fielding an ineligible player hanging over them?
Durham staying up on negative points really would be something!

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 01:08:19 PM »

Do Durham still have a possible points deduction for fielding an ineligible player hanging over them?

I'm sure I read on NLZ that the charges are still to be heard by the FA.

I'm not sure they will lose any points as normally clubs lose the points gained in the matches played involving the ineligible player (plus a fine). In this case there are no points to lose!

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 04:34:59 PM »
I understand that Durham have new sponsors in place for next season so what could happen is they could stay up with 0 points this season and maybe win promotion next season (if they can replace their plastic pitch with a proper grass one, that is).

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 08:02:52 PM »
Retford say they are 100% confident that there ground will be okay this season as work is well into its advance stages

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 09:22:36 PM »
POB is spot on. All teams involved in the top half except Retford have C grade grounds (Unibond standard). They will have until March 31st 2011 to get a B grade (Conf North standard) grade. Details of ground grading (which I've put on here before) are here

I will start another thread re: teams playing each other.

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 10:41:53 PM »

Deducted 6 points subject to appeal:

http://www.durhamcityafc.com/news/details.php?news_id=1050

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 11:43:40 PM »
Deducted 6 points due to two offences of fielding an illeligible player. As one occasion was a game against King's Lynn, and as that game has been expunged from the record, is this another first - illegally playing in a game that didn't happen?

Definite grounds for appeal, I think. Maybe the other points may be appealed by questioning the sanity of the board members!