The B-Ark / Re: Prediction League - Altrincham vs Boston United
« Last post by Burgh Boy on August 15, 2018, 10:15:45 PM »
Altrincham 1 Boston United 1. Attendance 943
« Last post by Wyberton pilgrim on August 15, 2018, 09:13:37 PM »
Altrincham 2 BUFC 2  Attendance 1099
The B-Ark / Re: Nuneaton tonight...
« Last post by dt woodhall on August 15, 2018, 08:48:17 PM »
Criticise me if I say something wrong, but total misrepresentation last night. It was people around me that had issues with things. So please dont slag me off for something I have not said.

For what its worth my views on last night are as follows..

-- poor first half we must play it more on the ground

-- they won nearly every header first half.

-- thought walker was outstanding in second half

--they tired a lot second half but we played some great passing football until the sending off

--I thought it was harsh, full blooded tackle, not off the ground, Jackson had to fully commit     because he would had been seriously injured by the Nuneaton player if he pulled out of the tackle. Blame the linesman he must have said something because the ref did not see it.

-- Previously thought Amy had been OK in games, but I think she would admit she had a bad game last night. Where did the extra time come from.

Overall I think we look very encouraging, some shrewd signing by an excellent northern manager.

So those accusing me of various comments get it right in future
The B-Ark / Re: Greene
« Last post by youngchubby69 on August 15, 2018, 08:17:22 PM »
it was his team they tuck the micky from day 1 it started with wich player cud give the ball away the most without being taken off they were all on a winner cus there wer no subs 2 replace them and he never replaced the players with the same commitment as the 1ones that left. den as no idea about man management 4 shor
Sorry but I disagree with that entirely, DG managed his players very well at York Street.
I think Boston Town have the problem, they have been struggling for some years with managers coming and going for different reasons.
It all comes down to an unambitious chairman and board that are happy to stay in the league that they are in.
Young managers want success and soon get frustrated when no doubt they are promised everything when they join, and then soon realise that it's all a load of lies and are being strung along.
It wouldn't have took DG long to work that out, and why should he be Mr Chairman's fall guy.
As ElIdolo said earlier where is Mr money bags pestforce gone with all of his big talk and ambition.
Boston Town has sadly got the tag as an non ambitious club, which will always have trouble attracting players who want success.
The Board wanted DG to get you safe and stay in your current league, he did that and now the money and big promises have all disappeared once again.
Sadly until the current owners sell up and go, nothing will change, and you will remain a club in limbo.
« Last post by youngchubby69 on August 15, 2018, 07:59:27 PM »
Been a couple of comments about Johnson but what he did do in the first half was pestered their defence to death and thus created space for others, He is still learning his trade and will be a great asset going forward.
I am with you on that one, he will be very good as he develops.
« Last post by youngchubby69 on August 15, 2018, 07:57:57 PM »
I have no major problems with Jackson's sending off, as it was very late and potentially damaging. However, I do have a problem with the ref not sending off their bloke who blatantly and deliberately pushed Willis off the pitch, itself potentially very damaging. At least Jackson was trying to play the ball - their bloke was making no attempt at all. If refs don't take a firm line on that sort of thing, we will never get thuggery out of football.
The sending off was wrong as l have stated earlier, but Ashley hasn't had much sympathy from the camp, l would imagine that the opinion is that he gave the ref who was very unpredictable all gane, the chance to make that decision.
Ashley is a very exciting young talent and l am sure he will learn from this incident.
As l was always told by the more mature and experienced players when l played as a young man, don't dive in,stay on your feet and stand the player up
Sound advice back then, which l never forgot and stood me in good stead for the rest of my playing days.
« Last post by Oakham Pilgrim on August 15, 2018, 06:58:22 PM »
PS If what their bloke did wasn't deliberate foul play, I've no idea what is. And they had another couple of similar incidents.
« Last post by baghdadpilgrim on August 15, 2018, 06:55:55 PM »
Altrincham 1 - 3 BUFC

ATT 1272
« Last post by Oakham Pilgrim on August 15, 2018, 06:55:35 PM »
I have no major problems with Jackson's sending off, as it was very late and potentially damaging. However, I do have a problem with the ref not sending off their bloke who blatantly and deliberately pushed Willis off the pitch, itself potentially very damaging. At least Jackson was trying to play the ball - their bloke was making no attempt at all. If refs don't take a firm line on that sort of thing, we will never get thuggery out of football.
« Last post by Ernie100 on August 15, 2018, 06:37:31 PM »
2-3 1125
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10