Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The B-Ark / Re: Jordan Keane
« Last post by Tipps End Pilgrim on Today at 02:17:26 PM »
Good luck to him. Thanks for your help last year but that's it. I don't think he's that great and CE will find a more than adequate replacement I believe.

Noughtyforties, you are being pretty harsh there. I don't think we're a joke at all. And to knock our recruitment progress when we're still in May is a bit premature. It could come to bite you like it did last season when you stormed out when we were losing, only for us to fight back :)

TEP

« Last post by Pete B on Today at 01:59:58 PM »

Apparently he has said that Stockport is a proper club going places, so from that comment he obviously doesn't think we are.

I'll not disagree with him.

The fact we're the longest serving club in this league tells you everything. It seems we're happy to be a second rate non league club just treading water. We might have a decent stadium but that's it, year on year the support declines and expectation levels become lower and lower.

Good luck to him, Stockport might be a bit of a joke but they at least show some intent with their recruitment, we've simply become a pretty unfunny joke.

Oh, Andy - it's really not that bad! But come on then, how would you change things for the better with the budget we've got? What is the chairman not doing that you would to get us competing with the rich teams?
« Last post by howmanynames2pick on Today at 01:43:31 PM »
Several of our out-of-contract players are signed up with the same "Sportz Connexions" agent. Connexions will only really make money if they move on since I can't imagine we have much spare for signing on/agent fees, and so clearly this agency will be on the phone trying to find better deals for the players somewhere else. In Keane's case, they succeeded. It's nothing to do with Stockport being onto good things - I highly doubt Keane has an intricate knowledge of their squad. He's just gone for the extra $$$ for himself and the agent.

To be honest, I find the idea of agents operating at this level a bit embarrassing for all concerned, but hey ho - nothing we can do to change it. The simple fact is that those players have absolutely no intention of staying at Boston if the agency can find them a new home.

post of the thread
The B-Ark / Re: Lincolnshire Football League
« Last post by Finchley Tiger on Today at 01:28:14 PM »
There appears to be some confusion as to whether the game is going ahead on Tuesday or not. Grimsby Borough have tweeted the game is postponed due to Ruston refusing to travel, whilst someone has replied saying it is not true. Here's the twitter thread.

https://twitter.com/Grimsby_BoroAcd/status/999230383517552640

Regarding Skegness Town it has been announced today that they have been promoted to the NCEL Div 1.

EDIT Brigg Town have not been reprieved and have been relegated to Step 7. As yet I have not seen where they are going to but it could be the Lincolnshire League
« Last post by noughtyforties on Today at 01:20:23 PM »

Apparently he has said that Stockport is a proper club going places, so from that comment he obviously doesn't think we are.

I'll not disagree with him.

The fact we're the longest serving club in this league tells you everything. It seems we're happy to be a second rate non league club just treading water. We might have a decent stadium but that's it, year on year the support declines and expectation levels become lower and lower.

Good luck to him, Stockport might be a bit of a joke but they at least show some intent with their recruitment, we've simply become a pretty unfunny joke.
« Last post by Pete B on Today at 12:06:26 PM »
Several of our out-of-contract players are signed up with the same "Sportz Connexions" agent. Connexions will only really make money if they move on since I can't imagine we have much spare for signing on/agent fees, and so clearly this agency will be on the phone trying to find better deals for the players somewhere else. In Keane's case, they succeeded. It's nothing to do with Stockport being onto good things - I highly doubt Keane has an intricate knowledge of their squad. He's just gone for the extra $$$ for himself and the agent.

To be honest, I find the idea of agents operating at this level a bit embarrassing for all concerned, but hey ho - nothing we can do to change it. The simple fact is that those players have absolutely no intention of staying at Boston if the agency can find them a new home.
« Last post by tom and jerry on Today at 09:40:09 AM »
Think he's Derby based too. So 2 hrs plus versus an hour travelling a couple of times a week makes a time and fuel cost difference

Clubs bin players without a second thought. Often not even having the courtesy to di it face to face. Don't blame him for putting himself first

Good luck to him
« Last post by Pilgrim86 on May 24, 2018, 11:41:02 PM »
Stockport are only mid table, just like us.

They made the play offs, we didn't....
« Last post by C.B. on May 24, 2018, 10:47:41 PM »
Good luck in your job Mr Keane.
Never gave us less than 100%
« Last post by The Third Twin on May 24, 2018, 10:25:17 PM »
As said by others, in his opinion he's furthering his career. We really shouldn't knock anybody for that. reality check though, Stockport are only mid table, just like us. sure, there's a larger fan base, but that's it.

There was a thread last year which included comments relating to having pride to play for your local team, well there's nobody local and no pride in the shirt, just good old fashioned best wages available. Let's face it, that's life in football these days.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10