Author Topic: BUFC V COLWYN BAY....  (Read 18575 times)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
BUFC V COLWYN BAY....
« on: November 09, 2013, 05:41:01 PM »
What an amaaazing game today at YS.....in the end it turned out to be a gritty performance from The Pilgrims to gain the 3 points which seemed most unlikely at halftime after an uninspiring first half performance....Whether CB had a legitimate penalty is perhaps anybodys guess....I certainly couldn't see the incident from Spain Lane.....2 second yellows for CB turn the game around and in the end 3 well earnt and richly deserved points for United....what a cracking well rehearsed Pilgrims winner....they tried the same free kick trick a few weeks ago v Harrogate and it failed miserably...but today...wham!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BUFC V COLWYN BAY....
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 05:51:23 PM »
Not a penalty in a million years as the keeper came out to challenge and punched the ball away with 2 fists!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 05:54:41 PM »
Horrible team! Well done to Dennis Greene for pulling away their  6ft nutter who wanted to fight a 60yr supporter!

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 06:15:45 PM »
Not a penalty in a million years as the keeper came out to challenge and punched the ball away with 2 fists!

in fairness to CB I don't think that they actually appealed for the penalty....the ref gave it (even though he seemed to be a long way from the action).......The ref I read elsewhere was "being assessed" today ....

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 06:35:43 PM »
Are they assessed every game!

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 06:42:28 PM »
Should be arsessed with the rough end of a pineapple after that penalty decision  :dan
Thought he did well apart from that, and the sponsors got the MOTM right  8)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 07:07:08 PM »
Decent win up to 4th and keep up our excellent home form going. Was unable to make game today how did the new keeper look??

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 07:16:00 PM »
Only save he had to make was the penalty! His distrubution was excellent to the full backs.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 07:18:53 PM »
Decent win up to 4th and keep up our excellent home form going. Was unable to make game today how did the new keeper look??

I for one felt more comfortable without the loose cannon in goal!!!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 07:25:22 PM »
Was it Ade Akimbyi who got sent to stands?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 07:37:42 PM »
Yes according to Craig

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 07:49:09 PM »
Stonewall pen took the man to get to the ball, nearly cost us the game until they had a man sent of then we scored then as soon as they had another man sent off we scored again really good game but we was very very lucky today, where was timms today? i thought king was very small for a keeper didnt have much to do but gave away a pen hopefull the timms saga is sorted ASAP for the good of the team and is put back into the starting line up. Cant wait for tuesday night now we really need to win it.

You do have the downer on the new goalkeeper and no doubt you enjoyed the fact that he gave away a penalty.
I thought his distribution was very good and folliwed instructions from the bench late on in the 2nd half.

But if you think Lewis King is small for a keeper then why don't you think the same for Ashley Timms??
Because the height of King is 6'4" whereas Timms is 2" shorter at 6'2".

Chicken legend

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 08:04:39 PM »
Timms has tweeted a photo shot of texts from Greene telling him to stay away from the club and training as he's to disruptive.!!He seems to think he has done nothing wrong.!!

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 08:25:34 PM »
Timms must have bad Influence on rest of team or done something wrong can't see DG doing it for no reason and he is doing his self no favours with using social network to blast his manager. Proves why he has had a lot of clubs in my opinion

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 08:28:23 PM »
Stonewall pen took the man to get to the ball, nearly cost us the game until they had a man sent of then we scored then as soon as they had another man sent off we scored again really good game but we was very very lucky today, where was timms today? i thought king was very small for a keeper didnt have much to do but gave away a pen hopefull the timms saga is sorted ASAP for the good of the team and is put back into the starting line up. Cant wait for tuesday night now we really need to win it.

Looks like DG has sorted out the Timms saga for the good of the team (if Timms' tweets are true), although if he is wondering what he has done wrong, tweeting copies of  txt messages from DG is hardly the way to proceed.