Author Topic: Horncastle V Reserves  (Read 4854 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Horncastle V Reserves
« on: October 16, 2011, 09:18:36 PM »
Just read the so called match report on Horncastles website..What an amateur write up,so wrong on so many fronts..

To say United were all long ball punts is an injustice,Ogden beat them down the line with pace everytime and the only way they could stop him was to hack him down (and go unpunished by a very week HOMER of a ref).. They relied on the long ball to their Peter Crouch lookalike up front..
It was an hard fought game that needed a stronger official,on one side he would take notice of the flag and chat to the linesmen before booking a United player and on the other side he totally ignored the Linesman when he flaggeg for Horncastle offences,he was swayed by the loud appeals from HT players too.

Jackson got sent off for elbowing,wrong referee,two players went up for the same ball,Jacko came in from the side,knocked the ball on with his head but his momentum meant he collided with the town player,cue rolling around holding face and other players simulating the use of the elbow.Out came the card,off went Jacko,up sprang the player to jog off without treatment,happy with the job they had set out to do.. Jacko was kicked from pillar to post with no help from the officials whatsoever.

The game was won by a late penalty when they HT forward was pulled to the ground,there was no need to do so and defenders were closing in left and right and the keeper was advancing on the ball but it was a penalty,HT wanted a red card but as I say there were covering defenders.

Whoever wrote the article needs to be taken into account for his comments about Jacko returning and saying "Come home Jacko,you know you want too" that is tantamount to tapping up and making an illegal approach..

All in all a good game that was spoiled by a picky ref who wasn't strong enough to stand up to the fans and players shouting foul and book him all the time,as for the comments about Glen,he only asked for the officials to be fair in there decisions nothing more and considering what was happening he remained calm at all times..
One HT player went in studs up after the ball had gone catching our player just below the knee and all he got was a yellow,the ref was surrounded by players and the Town management even had a word,it was a late high challenge that should have been a red but there is no mention of that in the report..

Oh,and there were United fans there,myself,the lad,Cookie and his mate amongst others were there,very bad write up as Craig tweeted..

See here http://www.htfc.eu/Horncastle-Football-Club-Reports-Page.htm

Even with 10 men the reserves took the game to HT and created some good chances,the ball beat the keeper on a few occasions but managed to go wide of the post..

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Horncastle V Reserves
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 10:02:30 PM »
match report seems to have dissapeared

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 10:40:37 PM »
Not surprised really,it was very amateurish and a lot of stuff was mentioned about Glen and him soiling his pants.. It was very insulting to be honest.I can imagine whoever wrote it has been made to remove it... It was that bad a child could have written it.. Full of insults to the team and management as well as the bit I put about come home Jacko you know you want too,they could have been in trouble with that as I say it is like a tapping up illegal approach..

Wish I had copied and pasted it now .....

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 10:54:27 PM »
Horncastle Town 2 Boston United United 1 Challenge Cup15-10-2011Att 148A Wongers view by Pete Nagle
Town are through to the semifinal of the challenge cup after knocking out Boston United Reserves for the second year running. Podge was without several first team regulars and at 11am had only 11 players and all was looking a bit bad. By Kick off Podge had 13 players with Kieron and Harry stepping up into the first team. Boston brought their usual Massive following of ..............none, but it is a long way from the Fens. Town were up for the game from the first whistle and ran their hearts out for 90 plus minutes.
For a team ravaged with injuries and missing players Town took the lead after a bit of a scramble and it was Kieron that finally put the ball over the line. Boston hit back after the Ref really got a decison badly wrong which gave Boston the chance of getting back into the game. Ex Town player of 2010 Tony saw himself booked in the first half whilst the other ex Town favourite, Jacko was having a quiet game and really did not look comfortable facing his old team mates.
Early in the second half Tony was sent off for his second bookable offence when he led with his arm catching Johno with his elbow, which started a bit of pushing and shoving on the touchline between a Boston player and DJ, there was really no need!
Glen "Beanie" Maddison, Boston Manager and League Represensitive manager then really showed his colours by clapping Tony off saying "Well played" and applauding his actions. Beanie then went on to try and talk his way into the game with the officials being that close to the linesman you would think they were attached. Town got the winning goal after Flash was brought down in the box being the last man and the Boston defender should have been shown a red card. Flash scored from the spot sending the keeper the wrong way and the watching Wongers into dreamland including the Young Wongers who were dancing in delight.
Town worked so hard through the whole team from Keith in goal and the defence of Dave,Alco, Johno, Matty and Harry then the midfield of Michael, Skilly, Jamie, Kieron and Shelley and Flash and Will up front.Boston huffed and puffed and to be honest were not good it was a shame watching a class footballer like Jacko in a team that is over physical and happy to punt the ball up front, come back home Jacko, you know you want to.
Glenn Maddison won Wonger Wally of the week quite easy even Sarge could not take it off him, but at the end of the game he clearly was head and shoulders a Wally. Glenn thought it would be right to have a go at Johno and which started a melee between the players which resulted in Keith asking Glenn what his problem was and Glenn..........pooing his pants!
Glenn Madison Wally of the week, take a bow and you and your tactics were an enbarrassment and apparently the ipod in the Boston dressing room only has one group on it .....ELBOW...........UTW

If it's this, someone did....
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 11:04:32 PM »
I like the complete lack of reference to Boston United Reserves.

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 03:17:38 PM »
It refers to "Boston United Reserves" in the very first line of his 'view'!

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 03:45:49 PM »
If it was reference to me putting United,I found it far easier than typing Reserves all the time :D

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 03:49:48 PM »
The official report is now on their site by Paul Johnson not got a problem with that one. The one the K******d wrote has been removed and I should say the author is back in school. HTFC over 100years in existance and still in the Lincs Lge with reports like that I am not suprised very unprofesional and amateurish
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Horncastle Town ex player

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 06:21:30 PM »
I feel I ought to provide some balance here as the article has obviously caused some unintended offence for which I can only apologise.

Firstly, in the first line of the piece it states it is "a Wongers view" which is written by a fan of the club. This will be inherantly biased and partisan in its outlook on the game. It has since been removed due to the offence and fuss caused. A match report has replaced it. The amateurish nature of the piece owes to the fact that is written by a fan of the club and not an impartial observer writing for the press. I hope Craig has the good grace to also tweet about the official match report as he has the fans view. The fan will also offer his views if he feels the players have not lived up to expectations.

Secondly, the player who received the red card was Tony Edwards, not Jackson, who has since written his threats to give a certain player something to scream about the next time he plays against him. These comments have since been removed and I trust that this is from your end that the prompt to remove these has occured.

Thirdly, I might be wrong but I would imagine a case of tapping up a player would be more complex than a fan telling a player "come home, you know you want to". We do not offer money to players and hence they have no contract to sign. At this level it is a case of a club applying to the league for intent to sign after 7 days notice I think. Jacko was quite simply one of the best players I had the fortune to play with at Town and I hope he gets his chance at the higher level although when he signed forms it was described here as uninspiring by fans so maybe he'll get the Stones treatment, who I have also played with and against and found to be an admirable team mate and opponent.

Finally, I am very proud of the football clubs heritage and 100 years in existence without having the ability to pay players, relying on the hard work and generosity of its members is something that should be celebrated.

I hold no truck with Boston and can remember dad taking me to York Street several times. One particular memory was a match against Kettering Town, terrible game which the away side won. Why I remember it gid alon knows but it stuck in there!

Sorry to feel the need to put HTFC's side across but I felt it ought to be put out there and again, sorry to those for which the article caused offence. It was never the intention.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 06:26:09 PM by Horncastle Town ex player »

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 07:10:50 PM »
Fair do's for the reply. Just think that on an official site insults and name calling should be avoided, it does your club no favours. Perhaps the wongers should start an unofficial site like this one or the Grimsby fans cod almighty.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Horncastle Town ex player

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 07:55:10 PM »
Fair do's for the reply. Just think that on an official site insults and name calling should be avoided, it does your club no favours. Perhaps the wongers should start an unofficial site like this one or the Grimsby fans cod almighty.

That may well be a good idea. I have my doubts as to whether a club of our size could warrant a club website, a facebook page and a fans site and keep enough topics generating interest without it becoming stale at the lack of action. Certainly worth consideration mind.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 07:57:49 PM »
Thanks for the post Horncastle Town Ex Player,sorry about the mix up of names but we have no announcer or programme at our reserve games,I knew it was an ex player of Town (one of the two we got pre season) just got confused and assumed the reporter to be right..

I guess he wrote a lot of it straight after the game when emotions were high but he should have taken time out to calm down and re read before posting on the website,maybe an official word from within might prevent the same thing happening in the future :)

On the plus side,as a traveller to your ground (and having played their many times on a Sunday morning ..... and losing lol ) I have always found it a very welcoming ground and the staff behind your bar were very friendly,nothing was too much trouble..

On the website matter,I used the following site when running a Sunday Morning club,it is free and if I recall you could have a forum to air your views,not sure if it any use to you though :)  http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 08:00:16 PM by Crazy Neil »

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 09:34:20 PM »
Do we have to play Horncastle at York Street this season? Could be an "entertaining" game !

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 09:38:57 PM »
Do we have to play Horncastle at York Street this season? Could be an "entertaining" game !

Saturday 26th November  2pm kick off

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 05:01:02 PM »
Don't think Horncastle will bring many fans! Think theres only two people in Horncastle who can find the way to Boston!My mate Benno and norty40s mate Scooby!