Author Topic: Gloucester  (Read 2691 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Gloucester
« on: October 28, 2023, 10:46:01 PM »
Well done today, a vast improvement on Tuesday's performance. We should have won more comfortably but our forwards seem shot shy. It's now over nine hours of play since one of them scored. It's a pity because the build up play at times today was very good.
I hope I am wrong but I fear for us on Tuesday. It's going to be a tough ask against big spending Scunthorpe.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gloucester
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 10:51:30 AM »
Yes, a better and more committed performance than Tuesday, but we must be able to finish off teams like Gloucester who looked the weakest side we've faced at home.

I see Worksop lost 5-0 at home to Mickleover in the Trophy yesterday!

I also see that KL have had attendances of under 700 and 800 this week, full time and what seems a big squad. Mmm....

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023, 01:26:29 PM »
I see Worksop lost 5-0 at home to Mickleover in the Trophy yesterday!

In my opinion it was the weakest starting XI/bench we have fielded all season. From the starting XI that beat yourselves there was no Liam Hughes, Terry Hawkridge, George Taft or Aleks Starcenko, plus Greeny, who came on as a sub against you, was not involved in the squad.

We had Regan Hutchinson, a wing back, playing his first game since August, but playing in central midfield and Colin Daniel starting only his second game all season, the other was in the County Cup against a side who were bottom of a step 6 league.

Whilst no-one will admit I got the impression yesterday was all about getting through the game with no injuries or suspensions ahead of Saturday's FA Cup tie against Stockport.

To be fair to Mickleover they were a good footballing side who passed the ball well.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2023, 02:25:38 PM »
That makes me feel slightly better about losing to you! Good luck v Stockport.