Author Topic: Fylde  (Read 4680 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fylde
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2022, 10:54:08 AM »
I agree seeing the same old teams and having the same old away days doesn't help. This season feels flat not just because of Cox's failure and our indifferent form, but because we're seeing the same old teams at the JCS yet again. We were one game away from a whole host of new away days up and down the country. Had we got promoted, regardless of how crap we were in the league above, I'd be loving going to a load of new grounds I've never been to before.

As it is I'm going to the odd new ground like Peterborough Sports and otherwise saving my money. Shame.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2022, 10:58:16 AM »
Yes, a mate of mine is having an extension built and the cost of steel has put his project up by £10k in about eight months. He sent me a photo of progress on Monday: he's using about six modest beams! God only knows how much the South Stand and extras are now supposed to cost.

I know the foundations have been in for a while but if I were the club and it's going to be ages, I'd be tempted to stick a metre-wide bit of concrete in (that's all you need apparently!) and open that end up for away fans. Stick a burger van down there and a couple of portaloos. Bring your own umbrellas (or give them a bit of the East Stand to cower under if it rains).

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2022, 03:37:03 PM »
Just watched a 9 minute clip on You Tube of Tuesday night's game. Thank God Fylde's first choice strikers, Challoner and Rowe, were out injured. Another 9-2 defeat was therefore avoided. We were second best all over the field.
The only realistic target now for this season is to avoid relegation. It is not even December yet.
As for the South Stand, I cannot see work starting on that in the foreseeable future. However, I'm confident DN has one or two short-term alternatives.
P.S. Adam Murray resisted the urge to gloat in his post-match interview. Fair play to him.

UTP

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2022, 09:08:38 AM »
Just watched a 9 minute clip on You Tube of Tuesday night's game. Thank God Fylde's first choice strikers, Challoner and Rowe, were out injured. Another 9-2 defeat was therefore avoided. We were second best all over the field.
The only realistic target now for this season is to avoid relegation. It is not even December yet.
As for the South Stand, I cannot see work starting on that in the foreseeable future. However, I'm confident DN has one or two short-term alternatives.
P.S. Adam Murray resisted the urge to gloat in his post-match interview. Fair play to him.

UTP

Adam Murray is a good man, I think our fans recognized that. He tried to make the place professional but with part time players he was on a hiding to nothing.

I'm glad he's done OK since leaving Boston but disappointed he joined that lot........

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2022, 09:56:38 AM »

Adam Murray is a good man, I think our fans recognized that. He tried to make the place professional but with part time players he was on a hiding to nothing.

I'm glad he's done OK since leaving Boston but disappointed he joined that lot........

Absolutely. Murray did a lot of good at the club and I don't think anyone doubted his ideas and methods were progressive and tried to take the club in a new, modern direction. As you say Andy I think he was perhaps a little too ahead of his time and wasn't able to adjust to the players he had at his disposal - they were some good players, as you could see when Craig Elliott took them over, but AM just wasn't able to get the best out of them with his style. Shame he's gone to that classless bunch of morons on the coast, but their model might be a better fit for him.

Dunno how long that model has left, though, with rumours the chairman is rapidly losing interest....

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2022, 12:35:23 PM »

Absolutely. Murray did a lot of good at the club and I don't think anyone doubted his ideas and methods were progressive and tried to take the club in a new, modern direction. As you say Andy I think he was perhaps a little too ahead of his time and wasn't able to adjust to the players he had at his disposal - they were some good players, as you could see when Craig Elliott took them over, but AM just wasn't able to get the best out of them with his style. Shame he's gone to that classless bunch of morons on the coast, but their model might be a better fit for him.

Dunno how long that model has left, though, with rumours the chairman is rapidly losing interest....

Hopefully not too long........before next season ideally.

The Colne Dynamos experiment in the late 80's should have been a warning to Haythornewaite that there isn't the appetite for a bankrolled non league club in that area; it might work in the south but up there people are very tribal and parochial, it was always doomed toend in tears like Rushden and Colne.