Author Topic: Greene: I wouldn't stand in Miller's way  (Read 7213 times)

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Greene: I wouldn't stand in Miller's way
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 11:38:37 PM »
Oh.. i guess we are a one man team. Well in truth if thats what we are then we don't deserve to be near the play offs

Don't be ridiculous.

But the way the team has been assembled we struggle to score goals when he doesn't play.
What happened over Christmas?

The team is complete when he plays - it is wonderful to watch and assuming it continues we should move higher up the league - and the attendances should increase at York Street accordingly.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 11:56:20 PM »
Team aint based round one player, theres 11 players. The way everyone is going on makes it sound like we are going to crumble without him.

Fact of it is if we cant do it because Miller(Or anyone other player for that matter) Is not in the team the no we don't deserve to be going up

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 04:52:54 AM »
I think the main difference between Miller playing and not is when he does play he'll pressure defenders into mistakes setting up opportunities for himself and those around him, but without him as much as I like Newsham he's not the type to time and time again tirelessly pressure defenders into mistakes he's more a fox in the box type of player which I value, it's a bit like the midfield situation Ross and Milnes on their day are cracking players but lack the bite when the going gets tough which 9 times outta 10 means we ship goals when the defence is left exposed and we're relying on some magic from Miller or Newsham ghosting into a goal scoring opportunity 

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 06:25:18 AM »
YES he his part of 11 players but at the moment the difference is he's simply the best   better than all the rest ;)

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 03:50:09 PM »
Defenders can't cope with him - and at the start of the season, he rarely ran with the ball in the penalty area.
Since he has started to do that - we have picked up a lot of penalties - it was bound to happen.