Author Topic: Season over, time for change  (Read 22289 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Season over, time for change
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 10:11:39 PM »
You did,nt say if you were in favour of Cox if he come,s available N/F?
Getting gates back to 1300/1400 is a dream ,  take a look at gates at all levels tonight .
How do you go about " somethink must be done "  
Newton picks the manager should he go ?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 10:14:41 PM »
Sack the manager just because we lost in the FA Trophy and are 5 points off the play-offs (with games in hand) ?

If we were top of the league but had overspent, would that be better ?

How about we all support Chelsea and just be done with it.

DL

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 10:18:14 PM »
Well you are obviously happy with the way things are going.......

Gates were at 13-1400 at the end of 2010/11 season, its only 18 months ago, midweek gates are down all over but not weekend ones. The people of the town aren't fools, they know the team is average and they won't pay the price for The Cheats excesses to watch the rubbish JL has assembled. It needs a freshen up, starting tonight.

DN is absolutely the right man to be in charge but his faith in this manager is misguided.......unless of course he's happy like you are with the rubbish on offer.

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 10:20:09 PM »
neither the players or jason acknowledged the fans at all, only about 30ish there. Was freezing cold. Highlight of the night was having a bit of banter with their keeper. Without him it would have been even more boring watching them dominate the game. Dont even think we deserved our goal, on the balance of play 2-0 would have been about right. Lack of determination and lack of ambition shown throughout.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »
neither the players or jason acknowledged the fans at all, only about 30ish there. Was freezing cold. Highlight of the night was having a bit of banter with their keeper. Without him it would have been even more boring watching them dominate the game. Dont even think we deserved our goal, on the balance of play 2-0 would have been about right. Lack of determination and lack of ambition shown throughout.
Disgusting attitude by manager and players!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 10:24:46 PM »
Well you are obviously happy with the way things are going.......

Gates were at 13-1400 at the end of 2010/11 season, its only 18 months ago, midweek gates are down all over but not weekend ones. The people of the town aren't fools, they know the team is average and they won't pay the price for The Cheats excesses to watch the rubbish JL has assembled. It needs a freshen up, starting tonight.

DN is absolutely the right man to be in charge but his faith in this manager is misguided.......unless of course he's happy like you are with the rubbish on offer.
Keep this decline in crowds then Mr Newton will ground sharing with Boston Town!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 10:41:51 PM »
Many teams Saturday gates are falling like ours N/F  and they have,nt played 7 home games on the run .   
I,m not happy with the results but I realise there is no easy answer , or is there ?
Should we follow the example of Lincoln , Grimsby , luton , etc and change manager on a yearly basis
Why not approach DN and suggest a good alternative to Lee you must have some one in mind .

fenside pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 11:21:08 PM »

I think we should either go for experince at this level ie Paul Cox/Grantham Managers or go down the route of no experince and hope its works like having a drem team of ellender/clare or even Steve Appleby doing good things at Wisbech Town.

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 11:38:18 PM »
Haystead was awful again and the second goal should easily have been saved!

Absolutely!! Haystead must rank as one of the worst keepers BUFC have had in the almost 50 years I've been a supporter. Over 30 of those years I've lived here in Greater Manchester and thank god it was only a 40 minute drive home tonight after that display - a pretty similar night as Kidsgrove last season infact. One difference though is that Bazza was beaten by a screamer there last season, whilst the second goal tonight can go into the 'Dan Haystead Collection' most recently added to by Guiseley's second goal a couple of weeks ago.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2012, 11:44:15 PM »

I think we should either go for experince at this level ie Paul Cox/Grantham Managers or go down the route of no experince and hope its works like having a drem team of ellender/clare or even Steve Appleby doing good things at Wisbech Town.

Clares not ready, hearing good things about him at Louth, but there is a big difference and although he hasn't been able to use his connections due to lack of funds, he had the makings of a good team before the season started.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 11:45:16 PM »
Have to say I have always thought JL was poor with tactics. We have seen him make some strange substitutions in a lot of games and when the opposition have changed their style of play in a game he didnt seem to know what to do in response. Surely the very large number of supporters on Saturday, maybe even hundreds, who booed the substitution he made in the second half should be an indication of what people think. It wasn't just the odd one or two who come on here who thought he was inept it was a large number of supporters. Perhaps the number of supporters not bothering to turn up could be due to the fact that they too are unhappy with the way things are run. The way a team performs on the pitch is often a reflection of their confidence in management but you certainly wouldn't expect them to say that.
Sorry to disagree about Haystead. He has played well for us more often than not. What we could do with is a shooting coach, not a fitness coach. Do Skem have a fitness coach, don't think so, they just seemed to have more desire, ambition and idea.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 11:57:09 PM »
KON & NF right you wont like it but ffs yes we have lost and are out to be honest we should have lost Sat. KON you must be some football wizard slagging of JL fans.NF you said we were awful last Tues, once again you werent there. However thats irrelivent we all want success, but facts are facts.

We have a young team, relatively inexperienced, and fairly local and try to play football. We have a manager that doesnt makes false promises and Ive said it before knows the club inside out, if you not sure dont bitch a reply and show yourself up.

Im sure most on here know our budget is below teams below us less than fifteen miles away, with crowds of less than hundred.

So do we get rid, and get someone nasty as NF says what happened last time , say no more , and all you do is bitch the past. If we do new players false promises, big speeches not happening. As for crowds the town is like most clubs struggling, look at crowds everywhere, Lincoln, Grimity. I will continue backing club and manager.

Last Thurs, in clubhouse another top night with a legend, and comedian fuly booked, youth teams doing well, reserve team well supported, look at the bigger picture. Fergie if im right  lost his first five and still there.

Seenbetter

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 08:09:03 AM »
So anyone on here who shows discontent is showing themselves up. It would appear we should just use the sports club, support the reserves or youth teams and shut up and put up with the first team. So heres the question, just managing a draw on Saturday and being played off the pitch last night by a team 2 leagues lower than ourselves, is that that the teams fault (selected by the manager) or the managers fault. All that booeing at the substitution on Saturday must have told somebody something.

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 11:18:58 AM »
The idea that we should put up with poor management because our budget is low is ludicrous. Look at S&H at Grimsby. For their league they apparently have a small budget and look where they are. What we need is someone with innovation and energy, someone who can spot decent players and mould them into a team. Jason Lee has proved he is not that man.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 01:08:09 PM »
I've held my tongue all season because I believe we have a decent set of young individuals who, given time, will mould into a decent team.

In my opinion for what it's worth I'm beginning to wonder now if they ever will, purely because of the lack of leadership being displayed. I like Jason and believe he has an eye for talent, however utilising that talent in an effective manner on a consistent basis is where we are falling down. The question is not the individuals' ability rather the tactical ability of the team as a whole which I'm afraid is the responsibility of one person. Deep questions must be asked and the answers, which may be unpalatable, acted upon before it is too late.