Author Topic: BUFC V COLWYN BAY....  (Read 18619 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BUFC V COLWYN BAY....
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2013, 09:06:26 AM »
With reading his Twitter could he be going to Kings Lynne after sorting his problems out with Gary Mills?

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2013, 11:42:38 AM »
DG recent new signings to me very impressive. Hall has a great engine and physical , the MOM yesterday looked class and the keeper moved the ball on well. To be fair to CB they went for it first half. Enjoyed the game and banter and Frank Sinclair having a go at anyone who would listen.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2013, 12:40:51 PM »
Stonewall pen took the man to get to the ball, nearly cost us the game until they had a man sent of then we scored then as soon as they had another man sent off we scored again really good game but we was very very lucky today, where was timms today? i thought king was very small for a keeper didnt have much to do but gave away a pen hopefull the timms saga is sorted ASAP for the good of the team and is put back into the starting line up. Cant wait for tuesday night now we really need to win it.

Stonewall penalty? Check the highlights of the match. Clearly got the ball before the player

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2013, 12:52:47 PM »
Timms has done nothing wrong I think he was just showing why he wasn't there nothing more. Roll on Tuesday now big game.

You do yourself no favours by airing yr dirty laundry in public.
Timms has an attitude problem and until he sorts that out I cant see him staying long at any club.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2013, 01:45:32 PM »
Was it Ade Akimbyi who got sent to stands?

It was definitely him - he still gets talked about by Leicester fans but they seem to call him Ade Panicbuyi.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2013, 02:03:59 PM »
Timms has done nothing wrong I think he was just showing why he wasn't there nothing more. Roll on Tuesday now big game.

You do yourself no favours by airing yr dirty laundry in public.
Timms has an attitude problem and until he sorts that out I cant see him staying long at any club.
That's right, I still can't get my head round the support he is still getting on here.
When you hear about training ground tantrums, , storming off after games, mistakes etc.
Impressed with DG tbh that he isn't prepared to be let himself and the club be messed about.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2013, 05:41:03 PM »
Agree with "Pal"  :) Cant believe how many fans worship Timms! Hes not the best we've seen down York Street.Bazza and Haystead(1st time) made less mistakes!
By the way why do all footballers call each other Pal?

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2013, 06:04:37 PM »
The ref had a good game,and kept control of the game. According to fans close to the penalty incident, it was a penalty for sure. The keeper pushed the ball away but pulled the player down with his other arm. Apart from the penalty our goalkeeper had a decent game and did all that was needed. Certainly felt more confident in him than Timms. The pratt sat behind the staircase behind the dugout shouting racial abuse at Colwyns manager should be jumped on by the security staff. it can cause all sorts of problems for the club.

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2013, 07:02:19 PM »
IMO i thought we were poor today and were lucky to win, if they had 10 or 11 players i dont think we would of got 3 points but hey, these are the games that may make the difference at the end of the season, and i wont grumble over 3 points! I thought the sending offs were the correct decision, the second sending off, i do not know what the player was thinking running side by side chasing the ball and to shoulder barge miller when neither player had the ball, clueless!!

I thought it was a penalty to be honest, what was he even doing out there trying to win the ball but Kings distribution was quality today, but i will reserve judgement on him as i dont think he had much to do today to show us his ability.

Regards to the Timms situation, something has gone on behind the doors which we dont know about because on twitter he is adamant that he hasnt done anything to warrant the treatment he is receiving. This is the one area which i think DG is very poor in, his man management, i am not saying its completely DG's fault but Timms isnt the first player to moan about how DG treats certain players, the way the players got released at the end of last season and mills didnt seem happy about how he was treated with regards to being told to play for the reserves and then on the day told not to for no reason. But i think it is unprofessional of Timms to go about the way he has by putting the picture on twitter, he has to do something else if he wants to put his point across, not show private conversations but the club has to tell the fans what is going on because at the minute we have 3 keepers on the wage budget.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2013, 07:11:09 PM »
Leaving players are never very happy, we're a big club and generally things don't get better from here.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2013, 07:20:52 PM »
I dont think they were grumbling about leaving more how they were man managed and had no clue they were leaving

picky

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2013, 07:37:14 PM »
Personally I think timms has only got himself to blame dennis Greene said if he kept his head down and concerntrated on his game he'd have a future here seems he hasn't done that and Greene has told him to stay away cos he's to disruptive

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2013, 07:39:04 PM »
I'm no prude but those three were bang out of order and looking for trouble from the off, I know Sinclair is a bit of a loose cannon but no one should have to take the abuse they were hurling in his direction.

Dave Newton's stated he wants a family atmosphere at York St and wants to create a community club, they were a throw back to the bad old days of the Evans clan knukle draggers who were made very welcome by the old regime.

What do you want on a Saturday?

A pleasant atmosphere where its safe to take the kids, or any old idiot turning up and swearing and behaving like a cretin?

Andy,

I think I know the guys in question - after the match I went for a pint in the bar and three lads with southern accents sat next to me. They seemed to be pals with Greene, who came over and spoke to them a bit. Were they in suits? Apart from being faaahkin' saaaaafeners, they weren't particularly obnoxious to be honest - I was trying to figure out why they were there in the first place!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2013, 08:09:56 PM »
A lot of comments around that if there had not been sending offs CB would have taken the points, Cant say i agree with this as i thought Boston was starting to turn the screw a bit and carve openings out up to the sending of, i felt it was only a matter of time until we scored

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2013, 08:29:07 PM »
Stonewall pen took the man to get to the ball, nearly cost us the game until they had a man sent of then we scored then as soon as they had another man sent off we scored again really good game but we was very very lucky today, where was timms today? i thought king was very small for a keeper didnt have much to do but gave away a pen hopefull the timms saga is sorted ASAP for the good of the team and is put back into the starting line up. Cant wait for tuesday night now we really need to win it.

You do have the downer on the new goalkeeper and no doubt you enjoyed the fact that he gave away a penalty.
I thought his distribution was very good and folliwed instructions from the bench late on in the 2nd half.

But if you think Lewis King is small for a keeper then why don't you think the same for Ashley Timms??
Because the height of King is 6'4" whereas Timms is 2" shorter at 6'2".

He's 6' 4"? I would have lost my ladies mortgage betting against that, when they walked out I commented that he looked small!