Author Topic: Come on then, make your excuses for that shambles if you can  (Read 8214 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Come on then, make your excuses for that shambles if you can
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 11:38:28 AM »
And they'd have brought a young hungary lad, more than up to the job probably for less money.

Is this to get the Hungarian immigrants to come and support us? ;D

If only they new how much the players are played this season. in a nut shell about 70% less than RS and PH had to pay.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 01:04:05 PM »
I'm sure I must have missed it.

The announcement that Ian Ross was man of the match was followed by Bazinga wasn't it?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 07:56:30 AM »

Clueless, utterly clueless......

He starts with a target man and no width, then brings on two wide men and takes off his target man......

I'm not a huge fan of making double substitutions. Today, for example, we introduced Kallum Smith and Ben Fairclough at the same time. That meant we had two players still trying to acclimatise to the pace of the game, with nine others trying to work out how they fitted into the new formation minus its target man. Not blaming any of the players, but less than a minute later we were 2-1 behind. Coincidence?

On another point, I don't understand why we always keep the players on the pitch after the end of a game either. For all of today's shortcomings, our players didn't lack effort and it was an entertaining game, so I think the fans would have liked to have shown their appreciation at the end - at least towards the players. Confidence is fragile at home at the moment. Applause and encouragement at the end of a game will help address this; waiting for the ground to empty before the players leave the pitch is not helping at all. Whatever the manager needs to say, surely it can be said inside the dressing room? After all, the dressing room seems to be a good enough place for 99.9% of opposing managers.

I do think Jason Lee has been ignorant towards supporters in the last two matches. It took a lot of money and effort for me to be at Skelmersdale in midweek. It's not just the cost, but also the hassle of changing working arrangements at short notice. You would like to think that the manager appreciated the travelling support, but the truth is he didn't even acknowledge the visiting fans on the final whistle at Skelmersdale. I was disappointed by that. Same again today at home to Altrincham, and it seemed he deliberately kept himself and the players at a distance from the terraces. I know everybody was disappointed with the outcome of both games, but in the current climate we need to be encouraging support and not alienating it. David Newton is always approachable and has been a breath of fresh air for our club in terms of public relations. If Jason Lee is to succeed in management then he needs to learn some of those PR skills for himself.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 12:42:16 PM »
Sad that JL failed to acknowledge fans ,more so away from home .
As LP says fans away games are costly and time consuming .  The home games may be a different matter but Boston away support has always been loyal,  i,am sure Lee would not recieve any abuse at Skem if acknowledged the fans .    Not good enough .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 06:02:35 PM »
Sad that JL failed to acknowledge fans ,more so away from home .
As LP says fans away games are costly and time consuming .  The home games may be a different matter but Boston away support has always been loyal,  i,am sure Lee would not recieve any abuse at Skem if acknowledged the fans .    Not good enough .
Steady on GHM!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 06:04:42 PM »
Is it worth playing Ross as a wide midfielder? He played there in his previous spell... leaving Silk and Milnes/Reed in the middle, and Smith/BF/Newsham on the left?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 06:08:21 PM »
Must admit I was half expecting to read today that Jason Lee had left the Club "by Mutual Consent".  :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"