Author Topic: So will you give Denis Greene a chance......  (Read 8894 times)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
Re: So will you give Denis Greene a chance......
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »
Hopefully Greene is the man to take us forward. Good luck Dennis but im shocked at how little time drury got!! Need a win tomorrow so lets get behind the club no excuses now .

I'll say one thing for you Shauney you're a trier.

And a total disgrace!  8) unbelievable  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 10:24:13 PM »
Wow. You'd best get that 20% budget back and then some! DG has very few northern contacts, from what I can gather.

Did well at St Neots, but left unde a severe cloud. Was on a bit of a hiding to nothing at Histon, but seems to have something about him.

Junior Konadu will probably be with you inside a fortnight!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 10:26:17 PM »
Wow. You'd best get that 20% budget back and then some! DG has very few northern contacts, from what I can gather.

Did well at St Neots, but left unde a severe cloud. Was on a bit of a hiding to nothing at Histon, but seems to have something about him.

what contacts did Gresh have?

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 10:27:53 PM »
He'd managed stamford and Corby on the northern leagues. All DG's players come from the south.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 10:31:21 PM »
Its not your problem so why are you commenting on our new manager?

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 10:32:14 PM »
Its not your problem so why are you commenting on our new manager?

Brilliant.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 10:35:09 PM »
He'd managed stamford and Corby on the northern leagues. All DG's players come from the south.

Will you be down YS  tomorrow night .   Give our regards to Graham.

Seenbetter

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 10:36:18 PM »
I dont care if they are blue or green and come from a different planet so long as they are good players for us.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 08:33:50 AM »

Junior Yiadom?

http://www.huntspost.co.uk/sport/football/the_former_junior_konadu_signs_on_the_dotted_line_at_macclesfield_town_1_1446105
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 08:41:03 AM »

Junior Yiadom?

http://www.huntspost.co.uk/sport/football/the_former_junior_konadu_signs_on_the_dotted_line_at_macclesfield_town_1_1446105

Didn't get a kick at Macclesfield. Think DG tried to take him to Histon, and might have done, but i'm sure he'll be looking to link up again. I think Junior is back down south, playing for Whitehawk or someone. DG did attract a few Corby players to St Neots last season before it went tits up, and he might well go after Steff Moore who should still be a decent striker in the Conf North - left St Neots for Leamington under a bit of a cloud a few months ago.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 09:01:14 AM »

Junior Yiadom?

he might well go after Steff Moore who should still be a decent striker in the Conf North - left St Neots for Leamington under a bit of a cloud a few months ago.

Could be an interesting signing if he comes here, brother of ex Villa and current Swansea striker Luke Moore.  Quite an interesting article regarding his fall down the ladder:
http://jjmavfc.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/fall-of-stefan-moore.html

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 09:30:17 AM »

I saw Konadu play for St Neots in a friendly against MK Dons a couple of years ago, and he was very impressive in the middle of the park.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 01:19:46 PM »
Good luck to DG!

Even thoug to me Mr Greene would not have been my choice I totally echo those sentiments KON and hope he gets off to a flying start tomorrow night and for the matchs beyond. But a serious question if I may sir.

Now your friend has gone and you can rest easy in your bed, why do you wish Mr Greene all the best yet hated, and your comments suggested that was the case, the man he takes over from. What credentials, personal or football does DG have, that you feel Drury or indeed Lee didn't have?
BG never want Drury there in first place neither did some of the non playing staff!

yeah but \i am genuinely fascinated to know why?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 01:30:23 PM »
Im guessing DG as scope to move a bit with budget wise. Newton had cleared Drury to sign a player and pos 1 next week which im guessing will not happen. Also with Drury's bench team leaving aswel and been replaced with one should give him the movement of 2 or 3 players i would have thought.

Whatever happens like Drury did, DG will get my full backing.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 02:22:07 PM »
Dont think Watt's done much except get bookings ..get rid .
 You can go on about getting a further  defender , but to be  positive I would go for a big target man or 2.. we have none  .
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:30:51 PM by father Ted »