Author Topic: Saturdays Home game in the playoffs.  (Read 10187 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Saturdays Home game in the playoffs.
« on: April 26, 2015, 07:13:04 PM »
Does anyone know if this will be a ticket only game?
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Saturdays Home game in the playoffs.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 08:23:21 PM »
Almost certainly not. It wasn't for the 2011 semi final.
It may be if we get Guiseley at home in the final or Fylde away (due to lack of space at Fylde, we would be limited to 1,000 or so tickets)

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 04:03:54 PM »
Think I'll be getting there early.....the lack of "reserved" stickers for season ticket holders caused an issue when some folk were sat where a few of us have sat for every game.  They moved eventually but it took a little persuading.

For three reasons - hopefully the biggest crowd of the season (unless we get totally stuffed on Wednesday), selling out well before 2.00 last Saturday and lots of regulars not being able to get a ticket, BUSA are doing two separate sets of Golden Goal tickets on Saturday with two separate prizes.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 06:27:49 PM »
Can't see the game being segregated as last time we played at this stage the attendance was 2640 although we did lose the away leg 0-1 which may have knocked a handful off. Attendance could be higher this time though as despite being in the same position going into the last game of the season (third) the attendance was 1610 over 400 lower than last Saturday. Maybe this is due to the better brand of football played under Greene than S and H? S and H produced an organised side and it was reasonable to watch but we didn't have anyone who excited the crowed in the same way that the likes of Steer and Felix do. To be honest although we got a much higher points total that season (around 80  i think?) this squad is much better and the only players from that team that would get in this one were Pearson and Church. McKeown was top class but not counting him as he was only loan and left around Christmas.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 07:51:06 PM »
Ferret, I think that was someone we used to call 'Mr Angry' when he sat in the same vicinity a few years ago  ;D

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 08:10:28 PM »
Can't see the game being segregated
All home games are segregated  ???

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 11:32:07 AM »
http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/united-confirm-home-leg-info-1421240.html

Play-off fever is spreading and tickets are now on sale for Saturday’s semi-final second leg against Chorley at The Jakemans Stadium.

Although the match is NOT all-ticket, tickets are on sale during the week for supporters to beat the queues on matchday.

All under-16s entering the stadium must purchase a ticket beforehand and the ticket office will be open between 9.00am and 5.00pm on Tuesday through to Friday and 11.00am onwards on Saturday.

IMPORTANT
Club officials have agreed with the Safety Advisory Group that the Town End can be used by HOME supporters on Saturday, although this measure will be reviewed again should the Pilgrims reach the final and have a home tie.

Chorley supporters have been allocated the whole of the Lincolnshire Co-operative (York Street) Stand, with admittance via turnstiles 3, 3a and 4, so there will be no admittance to United fans to this stand on Saturday.

Saturday's second leg encounter will kick-off at 3.00pm, with turnstiles open from 1.30pm.

For further enquiries, please contact the ticket office on (01205) 364406.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 11:33:30 AM »
Boston fans set to keep the Townend Chorley fans to use whole of York Street stand... good decsion.

http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/united-confirm-home-leg-info-1421240.html
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 01:28:56 PM »
+1 to that.

Thought Chorley might get the Townend.

Great call to give them the whole of the York Street Stand instead.

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 01:43:32 PM »
At last some common sense, said all along that open up all the york street area to accommodate a sizeable away following, you could probably do this for most teams that visit york street, even in the conference premiere.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 01:52:52 PM »
Definitely. The official site gives a capacity of 1335.

I'd give only Lincoln and Grimsby the Town End.

Odin

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 02:07:43 PM »
The Lincoln supporter would find it very lonely in all that space.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 03:20:57 PM »
Delighted the townenders keep the town end ,  fully deserved .  Like the team their form has peaked at the right time .  great backing in recent matches .

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 07:36:05 AM »
I stand in the York Street end and have a preferred spot which I've occupied for many years. I'm not alone and there is a large nucleus of other regular faces in that end as well. I understand the frustrations of the townenders in losing their area for previous big matches because I'm getting the same frustrations about Saturday, though I understand the difficult position and that the arrangements can't please everybody. Obviously crowd safety considerations come first, but given that Guiseley v Fylde could only muster half the crowd of Chorley v Boston (and on a night with all the M62 issues), hopefully we'll be able to fit the away support for any final tie into the usual away enclosure at one end of York Street.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 08:39:17 AM »
What a buzz. 4 weeks ago everyone was ah I don't watch that finish at work, today its all about people picking each other up and getting there early. Working out the best pre match places to drink,where to stand,where to park. Play off fever is gripping the town and many areas around town