Author Topic: Todays gate  (Read 7049 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Todays gate
« on: August 24, 2013, 09:13:24 PM »
Very disappointing........ :-\

Leamington must have had well over 100 behind the goal so less than 1000 Bostonians today for the 1st home Saturday game and after a pretty good display on Tuesday.

I know I can't get in midweek as a rule but I intend to do all Saturday games within reason, I don't think the negative effect a season and a half of Jason Lee's 'couldn't give a toss' can be overstated though......it'll be hard to win people back.

It just takes the gloss off a good 8 days for the club.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Todays gate
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 09:15:56 PM »
72 Leamington fans... I reckon if we play games like Tuesday and today, the word will get out - especially if we keep our name towards the top of the table.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 09:20:32 PM »
Hit the top Monday and an some will start to take a look.  We play attractive high tempo (but controlled) stuff so far this year.  Both home games have offered a great value for money.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 09:22:45 PM »
Someone else said that today, if we keep in that top 2 or 3 people want to be there, if we are just pushing for the play offs its not so attractive........

Over to the team!

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 09:36:12 PM »
i was dissapointed with the gate to today, thought there may have been a few more come after the good start, hopefully it will start rising now the feel good factor is returning.

i was impressed with leamingtons following i didnt expect it!

Im hoping to be going monday are many people making the trip?

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 10:57:43 PM »
Poor gate despite a very good and vocal Leamington support, but if we keep plugging away, surely the townspeople will not be able to ignore the progress being made (albeit still a small sample) and we'll get back to at least 1200 regulars sooner rather than later

Perhaps BUFC doing a half season ticket whilst results are good may entice a few back

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 11:22:25 PM »
Bank Hols im afraid lots away but the gates will sneak up I feel as the entertainment level is there, mini bus from Red Cow there Mon.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 07:27:46 AM »
AT the moment our football is good but when we wont a little extra from the dug out (management)its like watching a silent movie.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 08:36:47 AM »
AT the moment our football is good but when we wont a little extra from the dug out (management)its like watching a silent movie.

Someone else watching a different game :dan.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 08:50:21 AM »

What an odd remark ,  I think most fans go to watch the team not listen to a bawling bench .
Try watching your football in Yorkshire !!!!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 08:55:42 AM »
Very disappointing........ :-\

Leamington must have had well over 100 behind the goal so less than 1000 Bostonians today for the 1st home Saturday game and after a pretty good display on Tuesday.

I know I can't get in midweek as a rule but I intend to do all Saturday games within reason, I don't think the negative effect a season and a half of Jason Lee's 'couldn't give a toss' can be overstated though......it'll be hard to win people back.

It just takes the gloss off a good 8 days for the club.

Two home games in 5 days , family holidays , many locals on minimum wage and an escalating cost of living ,   yes I think Jason Lee has a lot to answer for !! ::)

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 09:29:33 AM »
Re Jason Lee couldnt give a toss  line total crap, speak to anyone inside club no one has a bad word about him in terms of how he dealt with everyone and how prepared the players and what he wanted off the field, ive been told by a few he was v v professional. He may not have got the end result whilst here but most managers in any league dont.

Jurg

• Come on you BRAKES!
    • View Profile
    • The Banter
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 10:02:50 AM »
I was hoping we'd take a few more there, but we tried to make ourselves heard!  I think the bank holiday weekend had a slight impact on both home and away support - and also a game against us probably isn't much of a draw for your supporters!  Thought your support was a bit quiet for the numbers you had.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 10:09:46 AM »

I usually sit behind the dug out and DG gets his points over.

You don't have to act like an epileptic trifle on speed to get the message across to the players, if you go to watch the bench come and have my seat, you'll get a good view!

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 10:21:15 AM »
Thought your support was a bit quiet for the numbers you had.

It's just a "Boston Thing" - even when the local dance hall (the Gliderdrome) was in it's hayday, the big groups of the day used to comment on how quite the audiences were! suppose we're just quite country bumpkins :D