Author Topic: Todays Game.  (Read 14687 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Todays Game.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 06:17:11 PM »
Very good response after Tuesday. Anyone know the attendance?

906 ( 246 from Boston)

Most were well behaved and as usual sang, and chanted for most of the game.

However, a very small minority spoiled it, throwing cans and rubbish onto the pitch, damaging an advertising hoarding, and more seriously, attacking a couple of Trinity fans ( leaving one needing hospital treatment)

Hope everything is okay but don't think we be right to make to many comments in regards to the trouble as Newton as already asked for any cctv and things WILL be delt with between the relevent parties of both clubs.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
Hope their CCTV is better than our councils!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 06:21:15 PM »
Last time we asked they did not have it for the area it happened (poor considering it was end terrace). Just hope this as been improved because these fans need to be banned with info been passed to the police.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 06:49:47 PM »
Working earlier so not able to go to the match  :( What was the attendance? C'mon you Pilgrims, a good result I'd say  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 07:17:57 PM »
[quote author=noughtyforties link=topic=4091.msg54733#msg54733 date=

After Tuesday I can't praise our team and management enough, I thought we'd get a bit of a pasting today but they've shown that they've something Swann's money will never buy, and that's courage and pride in the shirt.

Well done lads.
[/quote]
Sums it up for me as well.
I didnt go as I thought it would be pointless but we got a point, led twice as well!
Did the lad Walker look good?

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 07:42:49 PM »
What and who kicked off? Animals

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 07:48:15 PM »
With regards the new lads, none of them stood out.  Everyone put in a shift and did their bit.  Milnes was star man today. He covered every inch of that pitch.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 08:07:34 PM »
With regards the new lads, none of them stood out.  Everyone put in a shift and did their bit.  Milnes was star man today. He covered every inch of that pitch.
Possibly on the 'to go' list. I hope not

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 08:13:36 PM »
I couldn't completely see from where I was standing, but a handful of fans broke through the metal segregation gate just after Gainsborough equalized for the first time.  There was then some fighting on the Gainsborough side of the barrier, and all I could really see was two men punching the living daylights out of each other.  The whole situation could have turned very nasty as many other Boston fans also tried to break through the gate but fortunately the stewards just had the strength to keep the gate shut and the BUFC 'fans' out.

It was very much our supporters that started it.  There had been many amusing chants beforehand, however it just seemed that our fans could give the banter, but not take it.  These were not (in the main) young lads either, all blokes in the 40s & 50s.  One Boston fan was comforted afterwards by someone who I assume was his daughter as he had a cut on his forehead.  Another older bloke with grey wavy hair (and perhaps his son) strolled back to the Boston end next to the touchline after the fight had ended as if nothing had happened.  If a Gainsborough fan did indeed have to go to hospital I sincerely hope he is OK.

So... not many people were involved but it was still an embarrassment to BUFC.

On the plus side, if I'm honest I'm not Milnes' biggest fan but I thought he did extremely well today.  Also Paul Mayo was superb on his debut, as was Kieran Walker.  It was really a shame really as you could argue poor defending meant we conceded two goals.  I thoroughly enjoyed the game, however, and it was a much better performance from the lads.  A draw was probably fair.  I genuinely believe that, given time, things will come good with Drury in charge.

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 08:19:04 PM »
And it was quite amusing that I don't think Jones had a good touch all game!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 09:04:26 PM »
Listened to BBC Lincs and found it amusing when Steve Thompson and Mark Turner agreed that Gainsboro probably made a mistake in signing Jones instead of Newsham.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 09:18:53 PM »
Listened to BBC Lincs and found it amusing when Steve Thompson and Mark Turner agreed that Gainsboro probably made a mistake in signing Jones instead of Newsham.

One is on contract to the end of the season the other was not.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 09:24:43 PM »
Milnes is an attacking midfielder, and his run for the goal is something we've been wanting for a while. Ross is attacking, but doesn't drift into the box. Foster gives Milnes the licence to go forward.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 09:28:09 PM »
If a match is segregated properly, then surely there should be no scope for rival supporters to come together and therefore no possibility of any trouble inside the stadium? Irrespective of who started the trouble, the fact that it occurred raised serious questions about Gainsborough Trinity's stewarding and crowd management policies.

I didn't see how the second half incident started, but did see from a distance that fists were flying in the Gainsborough section. After that, a couple of blood-splattered spectators walked past me in the Boston section. I know the vast majority of Boston's regular away supporters, and didn't recognise either of the two with the fighting injuries. If someone has had to have hospital treatment, then I wish them well for a speedy recovery. Those scenes have no place in football.

I went to the toilet at half time, and was surprised to find that the two people either side of me at the urinal were both wearing blue scarves. How can that happen in a segregated fixture? Fortunately these particular Gainsborough fans were friendly, but the potential for trouble to kick off at half time was still there.

It irritates me that Gainsborough make compromises on crowd safety as it should be the number one priority. If Peter Swann has any kind of conscience, then surely he should be prioritising crowd safety improvements at the Northolme before he goes pillaging the best players from other clubs on silly money?

On the pitch I thought a draw was a fair result. We were comfortably the best side in the first half (I thought Gainsborough were poor defensively) whilst they were much stronger in the second. Ben Milnes was our best player on the afternoon and took the opening goal very well - particularly as he had a lot of time to think about it. I also though Jordan Smith had probably his best game for the club so far and the debutant Kieran Walker caused problems with his long throw-ins.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 09:31:20 PM by leicester pilgrim »

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 09:47:58 PM »
Out of interest, how has this match been segregated previously? Why did trouble erupt this time, when we're having such a shit season?