Author Topic: Neil's Notes  (Read 4378 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Neil's Notes
« on: September 03, 2016, 07:52:02 PM »
Change of title as rant was not the right word.

Ok,so home,fed and dry so here is my thoughts of today.

Fans: You cannot shout F*** OFF too Dennis and then try to find a steward to report Dennis as he mouthed it back to you,if you cannot take it,don't give it...

To the fan who was hurling abuse at him and I asked simply "Name someone available who could do better then" His reply was "I can for a start" told him to go too see DN with his cv but doubt winning the league on FIFA 8 times will cut any ice,his mate said he is allowed an opinion so I said yes,so am I .... They both then wandered off  hurling more abuse at anyone around.. Stay away,vote with your feet,that is what I did under the fat man years ago..
Another moaner was blaming Den for the goals,I said was it Den who backed into his own keeper after the keeper shouted the ball was his and the ball them got tapped home for number two? Was it Den who then played two players onside for the third and winning goal? Was it Den who took too long delivering the ball in stoppage time? NO,so why blame him? He sent players out to do  job and if they are not doing it he will no doubt look at moving them on if he thinks it is right after however many games.

Also,how many managers would be able to form a winning team when you sign a full squad on then see NINE of them out injured in the first few weeks? Partnerships cannot be built when you have a different player at your side every game,suppose the injuries are Dens fault too..

We were unlucky first half in my opinion,some better passes around their box could have seen us 2 up instead of one down,players need to look up before pinging a ball across,no good looking after you have played it beyond everyone.

Yes,it hurts when we lose but there was some fight being shown and it is a pity we cannot have 11 Greg Smiths out there every game,he shouts,rages and gets stuck in,like I say,we could do with a few more like him.

A manager sends a team out too perform and if they don't then it is those players who should carry the can, Hilliard is a decent player but today we needed pace and he slowed the game down whenever he got the ball giving them time to re group,not singling him out just stating a fact... Marcus Marshall had his best game for us imo and St.Juste showed glimpses of what he could do but it wasn't constant enough unfortunately.

Saying all that,I shall be there again on Tuesday cheering for the team (that includes the management) last thing those players need is a fear of playing in front of a bunch of moaners :D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 07:56:16 PM by Crazy Neil »

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Neil's Notes
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 08:20:58 PM »
Spot on..
I stood in the main stand as players were walking off. Saw a few "mouths" hyperventilating and making unpleasant gestures with their hands.
I also in the York Street end a group applauding players and staff off.
One lot was supporting the club  the others are not...well done York Street enders

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 08:37:53 PM »
I am pleased i have stayed away, albeit forced through ill health.  The place sounds horrid to be in of late. Fans arguing with other fans etc, we should all be getting behind this team, but hey ho. What happened with the flare thrower ? Hope he was collared, this is the last thing we need after other fan issues these last six months.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 08:59:20 PM »
Apparently it was a Boston fan and has been in trouble before so is now looking at a lifetime ban from the ground.

I was not arguing with fans,merely putting my side across,they had their opinion I had mine,anyone can win on FIFA LOL ..

Weeks ago I posted about patience being required,seems the glory hunters cannot handle the wait :D

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 09:21:03 PM »
Change of title as rant was not the right word.

Ok,so home,fed and dry so here is my thoughts of today.

Fans: You cannot shout F*** OFF too Dennis and then try to find a steward to report Dennis as he mouthed it back to you,if you cannot take it,don't give it...

To the fan who was hurling abuse at him and I asked simply "Name someone available who could do better then" His reply was "I can for a start" told him to go too see DN with his cv but doubt winning the league on FIFA 8 times will cut any ice,his mate said he is allowed an opinion so I said yes,so am I .... They both then wandered off  hurling more abuse at anyone around.. Stay away,vote with your feet,that is what I did under the fat man years ago..
Another moaner was blaming Den for the goals,I said was it Den who backed into his own keeper after the keeper shouted the ball was his and the ball them got tapped home for number two? Was it Den who then played two players onside for the third and winning goal? Was it Den who took too long delivering the ball in stoppage time? NO,so why blame him? He sent players out to do  job and if they are not doing it he will no doubt look at moving them on if he thinks it is right after however many games.

Also,how many managers would be able to form a winning team when you sign a full squad on then see NINE of them out injured in the first few weeks? Partnerships cannot be built when you have a different player at your side every game,suppose the injuries are Dens fault too..

We were unlucky first half in my opinion,some better passes around their box could have seen us 2 up instead of one down,players need to look up before pinging a ball across,no good looking after you have played it beyond everyone.

Yes,it hurts when we lose but there was some fight being shown and it is a pity we cannot have 11 Greg Smiths out there every game,he shouts,rages and gets stuck in,like I say,we could do with a few more like him.

A manager sends a team out too perform and if they don't then it is those players who should carry the can, Hilliard is a decent player but today we needed pace and he slowed the game down whenever he got the ball giving them time to re group,not singling him out just stating a fact... Marcus Marshall had his best game for us imo and St.Juste showed glimpses of what he could do but it wasn't constant enough unfortunately.

Saying all that,I shall be there again on Tuesday cheering for the team (that includes the management) last thing those players need is a fear of playing in front of a bunch of moaners :D

Seen and heard it hundreds of times over the years on S/R terrace Neil .  Beginning of last season I moved into the main stand , never missed a match and in the section where I sit I,ve never heard abuse hurled at Greene or players or suggestions for Greene to go .

Half-time today I amused some guy,s sitting next to me by going over comments hurled at various managers /players /chairmen in the past from these "fans" .    And as will happen this time the owners  take the view of the majority of fans , not a  few with abusive calls .
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 09:23:50 PM by green hats mate »

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 08:49:13 PM »
Funny one though I don't agree with the name someone else to take over as we have no idea who'd actually apply. We also have no idea who is doing a good job already in a job that might be interested.

Also i think all fans should have a opinion good or bad, or even a casual supporter. My personal opinion is he should have gone as soon as he was a convicted criminal. Each to their own though

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 12:24:34 PM »
Would be interesting to do a poll of supporters and see who has broken the law at some point that may have involved where they work.. Wonder how many have done cash in hand jobs,that is the same as defrauding the tax man or how many have worked while signing on. I once worked as a tractor driver and the gang of workers was never the same day to day as there was at least two who had to go and sign on that day so why just moan about DG?

Oh,and when on the taxis a co worker informed the DWP he was starting work and gave them the hours and the pay,they kept paying him,he rang them and still they kept paying him,two years later they took him too court for claiming while working and the only way he avoided prison was via a letter from his GP stating it would trigger his epilepsy... So the DWP are not always on the ball and who is to day that DG never told them? We don't know the true facts.... Evans (spit) was allowed back after what he did (which was a million times worse than Den) and everyone (not me) thought he was god so why one rule for one and not the other? Yes he broke the law,he got caught,he paid his fine,he got a slap on the wrist from DN so why did we have to drag this one up in the first place?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 12:28:55 PM by Crazy Neil »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 12:45:41 PM »
Would be interesting to do a poll of supporters and see who has broken the law at some point that may have involved where they work.. Wonder how many have done cash in hand jobs,that is the same as defrauding the tax man or how many have worked while signing on. I once worked as a tractor driver and the gang of workers was never the same day to day as there was at least two who had to go and sign on that day so why just moan about DG?

Oh,and when on the taxis a co worker informed the DWP he was starting work and gave them the hours and the pay,they kept paying him,he rang them and still they kept paying him,two years later they took him too court for claiming while working and the only way he avoided prison was via a letter from his GP stating it would trigger his epilepsy... So the DWP are not always on the ball and who is to day that DG never told them? We don't know the true facts.... Evans (spit) was allowed back after what he did (which was a million times worse than Den) and everyone (not me) thought he was god so why one rule for one and not the other? Yes he broke the law,he got caught,he paid his fine,he got a slap on the wrist from DN so why did we have to drag this one up in the first place?

Certainly declaring his discretion to the FA he would still sail through the "fit and proper " criteria required to take over a Premiership club .   

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 02:58:31 PM »

Just my opinion. I have learned on here you have to have a certain opinion for it to be accepted . Also i never backed Evans. Also again I have never defrauded on tax why would I. That's why i have such a problem with those who do.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 03:01:04 PM »
Fair point well made Jim :D