Author Topic: today  (Read 21844 times)

FrankieBoy

• View Profile
Re: today
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2013, 03:57:11 PM »
Can you afford to sack another manager?

Its only 3 weeks since you couldnt afford to put jonah on a contract

can we afford to keep him? whats the cost of wasting another season.... the inevitable lower gates that come with a poor league position

TIME TO CUT OUT LOSSES

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2013, 04:35:56 PM »
We cant hold jelly and jones leaving against GD, stokes and silk maybe but i guess he just did as he was told i.e if they are on decent money and non contract bla bla you know the rest.

You get what you pay for.

A massive question at the moment and althou we cant expect season after season for Newton to bridge the gap, IS Boston ready to be run as a buiseness??

The current team,results and performance would say not.

Boston United always in the Sh*t its just the depth that alters.

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2013, 05:12:59 PM »
How much as DN actually put into the club........

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2013, 05:25:05 PM »

Over 1m over the seasons, Mainly bridging shortfalls but earlier seasons there was extra needed for some bits found. As for any monies for the CVA exit etc i dont know.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2013, 05:42:33 PM »

Over 1m over the seasons, Mainly bridging shortfalls but earlier seasons there was extra needed for some bits found. As for any monies for the CVA exit etc i dont know.

And you should be thankful for it, as we are with our chairmans  similar investment.

"Mainly bridging shortfalls" means that BUFC is operating at a loss, and has been since DN took over.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2013, 05:50:19 PM »
Apathy is rife at the moment. I am a season ticket holder and have been for the last ten years or so, up until my best mate passed away a couple of seasons ago I always travelled away with him. This Saturday I was staying at my Daughters in Harborne Birmingham about 7 miles from Solihull and I couldn't be arsed to go. GD took over with plenty of matches left to achieve a play off place and now we are faced with a relegation battle I fear, progress ? I don't think so.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2013, 06:05:50 PM »

All the clubs in this league  it the same position , Chester the new entrants .
Think some clubs are living on borrowed time , hope our clubs are not one of them .!

And you should be thankful for it, as we are with our chairmans  similar investment.

"Mainly bridging shortfalls" means that BUFC is operating at a loss, and has been since DN took over.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2013, 06:08:59 PM »
Apathy is rife at the moment. I am a season ticket holder and have been for the last ten years or so, up until my best mate passed away a couple of seasons ago I always travelled away with him. This Saturday I was staying at my Daughters in Harborne Birmingham about 7 miles from Solihull and I couldn't be arsed to go. GD took over with plenty of matches left to achieve a play off place and now we are faced with a relegation battle I fear, progress ? I don't think so.

And that should tell you all you need to know about our support at the moment........

While GD has to take his share of responsibility for the recent performances I still maintain the attitude and demeanour of Jason Lee did nothing to encourage people to support the club. A 'couldn't care, don't care' attitude rubbed off on the players and eventually its gets to the fans too.......we've lost a good 200 regulars during his tenure, my worry is they are lost for good now.

Keep the faith Dave, it could be a bloody bumpy ride for a few years yet....... :-\

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2013, 06:56:10 PM »
Sadly I agree and I think the missing fans will take some getting back

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2013, 08:16:48 PM »
Many lead us to believe everything would be fine after we got rid of Lee.

Drury was brought in to reverse the trend and as yet results have gone downhill .

Looking back just prior to Lee leaving many on here said we were 3 players short of a play-off team ,
GD signed 7 who have not improved the team .

One thing that cannot be denied is if Lees points return had been as bad as Drurys we would be playing
Unibond football next season .

Even so no rash sacking required ,  lets monitor what he does between now and the end of the season ,
because contary to what some fans believed a sacking does not always bring success .

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2013, 08:20:04 PM »
Many lead us to believe everything would be fine after we got rid of Lee.

Drury was brought in to reverse the trend and as yet results have gone downhill .

Looking back just prior to Lee leaving many on here said we were 3 players short of a play-off team ,
GD signed 7 who have not improved the team .

One thing that cannot be denied is if Lees points return had been as bad as Drurys we would be playing
Unibond football next season .

Even so no rash sacking required ,  lets monitor what he does between now and the end of the season ,
because contary to what some fans believed a sacking does not always bring success .

I agree and i hope he does sort it out as we needs stability on the pitch and as club.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2013, 08:44:12 PM »

[ .......we've lost a good 200 regulars during his tenure, my worry is they are lost for good now.

Keep the faith Dave, it could be a bloody bumpy ride for a few years yet....... :-\
[/quote]

i wonder how many thousands will turn up for our last game in existance.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2013, 09:17:13 PM »

[ .......we've lost a good 200 regulars during his tenure, my worry is they are lost for good now.

i wonder how many thousands will turn up for our last game in existance.
[/quote]

Judging from the qoutes you list wyp that last game may come sooner than some think .

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2013, 10:27:17 PM »
While we have major money worries. this club owes DN(chestnuts) over 1 million pound and within the next season or 2 i believe a new rule is coming out that any monies put into the club from the top can no longer be a loan. DN knows that the club going under will not get 1 million back so i don't think he will dump the club. more put the club on a break even and if that means next to nothing on the budget then thats what he will do.

DN wont walk anytime soon but once that rule comes into force he wont want to risk not breaking even at a min

travelling man

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2013, 04:08:35 PM »
Under Jason I would describe our current season as "falling slowly down a flight of stairs", I think Mr Dreary is pushing us down those steps to speed up the process.

Lets face reality, this guy has not got a clue, full of bluff and bluster with absolutely no end result at all. I find it a really sad state of affairs when we consider a dissallowed goal as a sign that we played well.

If this guy had the decency and the credibilty the chairman has, he would make a discrete phone call to say "sorry, I misunderstood when you said you want us out of this league asap, I have no idea what I am doing, so goodbye"