Author Topic: Where will Boston finish in the Conf North?  (Read 7226 times)

scottbufc

• View Profile
Re: Where will Boston finish in the Conf North?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 09:49:06 PM »
I think we can certainly finish top 5. I dont think there is much difference between the league weve just come out of and this league.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 11:26:55 AM »
Agreed, I see no reason why this squad can't have a crack at the top six. I've had a small e/w on us at 16/1. Still can't believe Skybet is offering 50/1 for Guiseley, a very attractive e/w.  Alfreton and Gainsborough seem to have very decent teams.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 05:00:08 PM »
I would guess at a top 10 finish and don't think a play off spot is beyond us. Had a tenner each way at 20/1 on and wouldn't rule anything out...but realistically think top spot may well be beyond us.

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 11:31:15 PM »
i`ve just got a feeling we`re gonna win it....

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 08:34:46 PM »
I'd love a play off place. There's better teams in this league than last years, i don't think you'll get many 10-0 score lines!!  :D

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 09:44:42 PM »

Obviously we all want to be as high in the table as possible and, with a settled squad from last year, I'd be disappointed if we weren't there or thereabouts from the early weeks of the season. I think the play-offs are realistic.

My only concern is that a second successive promotion, be it automatic or via the play-offs, might be a step too far too soon. I look at the Conference National and the vast majority of sides are full-time. Are our finances yet ready for that next step beyond Blue Square North?

I'd like to see us have a good cup run. It's not that long since Burton Albion and Exeter City both played Manchester United in the FA Cup. Both earned an absolute fortune and look where it has taken them since! If we could just strike lucky with such a tie it might fast-track us to where we all want to be. We're due a cup run. Please, no more Lowestoft or Quorn debacles!

PilgrimSam

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 11:11:32 PM »
i think well finish top of the league by a country mile :dan

and we'll shove the FA trophy on our unsterdy trophy shelf