Author Topic: RIP Gary Speed  (Read 2128 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
RIP Gary Speed
« on: November 27, 2011, 01:01:35 PM »
Wales boss Gary Speed has been found dead after apparently committing suicide.

Speed was found at his home on Sunday morning and police confirmed there were no suspicious circumstances.

A spokesman for Cheshire Police said: ‘At 7.08am this morning, Sunday 27 November, police were informed of an incident at Aldford Road, Huntington.

'Officers went to the scene where a 42-year-old man was found dead. There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death and next of kind have been informed.'

The spokesman added that man was found hanged.

Swansea City were due to host Aston Villa on Sunday afternoon but the game may be called off.

Villa have Tweeted: 'RIP Gary Speed. Condolences to his family and friends at this very sad time'

After confirming the death, the Football Association of Wales realeased the following statement: 'We extend our sympathies and condolences to the family. We ask that everyone respects the family's privacy at this very sad time.'

More to follow....

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Gary Speed
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 01:05:06 PM »
Huge Blow to football RIP

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 02:21:22 PM »
Very sad news indeed, my thoughts at this time are with his family.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

palada

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 04:00:43 PM »
So shocked when i saw the news. I was gutted when he left my "other" club Leeds.
Great player. So sorry for his family.
R.I.P Gary.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 06:14:53 PM by palada »

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 04:17:23 PM »
RIP gary