Author Topic: todays game  (Read 8961 times)

scot

• View Profile
todays game
« on: April 02, 2011, 05:41:31 PM »
wonderfull attacking game just like last week but with a better result. 3 points just the job. Why we persevere with DD ill never know. Ithought i had a complex about him but know when he finally won his first header after about 15min the ironic cheer from the spain lane was over whelming. Its not just me then. We need to get rid. Other than that the only poor player was RS who backs out of a 50.50 challange ever time. Not commited enough. Hears to the play offs

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 05:55:09 PM »
i thought we played well enough and got the job done. as for DD i totally agree but to be fair he wins more in the air than boyes although boyes is much better with the ball at feet as DD showed with his step/fall over on the edge of their box!!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 06:03:30 PM »
Leave DD alone!Support the team and get off their backs for once!!!

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 06:08:26 PM »
Got the result, which is what mattered. I know I love Pearson's abilities and am getting to the point where he is, in my opinion, the best player I have ever seen in our colours, but he excelled himself even further at one point today - there was a through ball from him to Canoville to run onto towards the latter part of the 1st half that was literally world class.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 06:14:16 PM »
With a bit of luck we could have been three up before half-time and could have been on here now talking about a four or five-nil win.Just like last week at Solihull,a good all round team performance.

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 06:28:48 PM »
DD put in a good shift when he came and at the end of the day we got the 3 points! Semple had a good game today

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 07:15:03 PM »
dont know what game you watched but DD made a massive impact today. RS worked hard for a winger today and also gave their left back a touch time in the first half. I didnt really think that Worcester ever looked like scoring today. We were a little wastful and should of put the game to bed early second half really but everyone contributed today and most importantly 3 points. Lets see if we can charge down second place starting with a win at AFC Telford next week. Play offs nearly secured, c'mon!!

DAVID NEWTON's BARMY ARMY!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 07:17:12 PM »
Jason Lee said on radio after the match he though Semple had an excellent game.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 07:20:45 PM »
Jason Lee said on radio after the match he though Semple had an excellent game.

......dont know which game Jason was watching then cos Semple wasnt very good IMO....

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 07:36:22 PM »
I thought we played really well today and 1-0 flattered them, it should of been 3 or 4 based on chances and possession. Similar performance to last week at Solihull as someone has already said.

Thought Boyes was well off the pace today and was no surprise they made the substitution at h-t. Not critisizing though as he has made a real difference since he's been here at today was his first really poor game. Thought the rest did well including DD, Semple was outstanding as was SWD who deserved the MOTM for all his harrying of their defenders on the ball.

Having seen 2 games now I think personally that Canners and Lee have changed our style a bit. There's less emphasis on tempo and moving the ball forward quickly (not long ball just getting the ball from back to front quickly). The emphasis now seems more on making sure we don't give the possession away as cheaply by taking that second more to find a player.

Also think some players look better without RS constantly barking at them from the touchline, mainly Yates and Semple but 1 or 2 others as well. The forward play looks more inventive as well, with S&H we did become a little predictable, for instance Church burst straight through the middle today a couple of times in space created by the front 2, with S&H the concern was always about keeping it tight and AC never expressed himself like this IMO.

Will be able to tell more once we have had more signs but the early signs are that Canners and Lee could be just as good a management partnership as S&H. Good to see they are their own men and are putting their own style on the side...

Seenbetter

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 07:46:30 PM »
People keep saying it could have been 3,4,or5 today BUT it wasn't. We had the best of virtually the whole game but could only manage 1 goal against 10 men. Yes we won, yes we got the 3 points but it bothers me we couldn't get more in the net. Pleased about Jason Lee on the touch line but I would have liked him to be more vocal, reminded me of Tommo.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 07:53:13 PM »
WP was watching the same game as me. Not to sure wich game JP was watching but hey i guess thats what makes the forums intresting.

As for the JS and LC Changes, he only one i noticed really wich in my own books is a big one was the act there was 10 times more boston movement of the ball than we have seen all season.

We won a lot of second balls today and that was mostly down to the players moving around when they didnt have the ball

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 08:00:35 PM »
People keep saying it could have been 3,4,or5 today BUT it wasn't.
Which begs the question, which would you prefer, to be creating chances but not putting them away or just creating the odd one or two? I know which I prefer...we keep playing like the last couple of games and someone will get a good hiding.

Joe65

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
Here's what Jason had to say

http://audioboo.fm/boos/319780-boston-united-jason-lee-postmatch

Interesting what he said about reserves - he and others playing on Tuesday, seems the reserves are going to be a much bigger part of club while he's here.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 08:19:57 PM »
I thought it was a really decent game of football today. Plenty of creativity going forward. It was nice to see a slightly different style of play, obviously influenced by the new managers. It was always going to be a case of coming up against a brick wall when entering their goal mouth. They defended heavily which frustrated us and prevented several opportunities we'd normally of scored from. But the lads persevered and completed the main objective and earnt three points to keep us in a healthy position.

It made a refreshing change  to see some decent officiating for once. Well done to the linesman for informing the ref about the foul which led to the red card.

After the recent possibly disruptive events, it was encouraging to see all the players go about their business like nothing had happened. They appear a strong unit and credit to them for consistanly performing, no matter the challenge. I'm in no doubt after todays convincing win, we'll be in the play offs.

And lastly, it was fantastic to see Bazza back in between the sticks.

Well done to all.

Up the Pilgrims !