Author Topic: Get out of Jail Free Card......................  (Read 11957 times)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Get out of Jail Free Card......................
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2014, 07:50:33 AM »
WE were poor it happens we move on.
FERGUSON was poor looked more like a youth player.
DOWIE was not good enough for histon and he wont be for boston.
KONADA I think we will see hes not a team player.
A few long faces yesterday from players and fans me thinks.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2014, 08:50:02 AM »
Spot on Miele, the two new recruits weren't as good as the two regulars, for once Greene got it wrong.......badly wrong. The 17 looked about 2 league's out of his depth, soft little 5 yard passes and flicks are OK if you are coasting, but this was an physical game and he was nowhere near good enough........and the less said about Dowie the better. I'm not Milnes biggest fan but he's head and shoulders better than him.

Where we'd be without Garner and Pidge I shudder to think, I thought both were outstanding yesterday.

The wind and the pitch combined to produce a turgid game, the worst down her all season.

But given the entertainment we've had all season I don't think we can grumble too much.

Just one gripe, the 'gate' was about 150 down on the Hednesford game, its a shame people are so fickle and it makes me wonder what Utd as a club can do to attract a few more regular through the turnstiles.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2014, 12:46:17 PM »
It's okay saying points in the bag but when 2 of you go and spend over £30 admission to watch then a little entertainment value would be nice!
Has others have said we,ve had many entertaining high scoring matches at York St this season and won most of them , in view of that and the conditions yesterday we have to show a bit of tolerence .

You should ask my mate about expensive non entertainment on a Saturday afternoon ,  he spends over £30 a match , sees 90mins of hoof ball and very rarely sees 3 points ,  think yourselve lucky you don,t support the Imps .!!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2014, 02:16:21 PM »
I go to York Street, firstly to see BUFC win. If we win, I don't care how it happens. We have the best home record in the league, so we should have the happiest home fans too!

PompeyPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2014, 04:09:30 PM »
Admittedly I was at work yesterday and haven't been able to get over to matches in the past few months due to work commitments; good and important result yesterday for us to keep up and in with the promotion pack… UTP

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 05:01:40 PM »
Football is a strange game!

Do i think Oxford deserve something out the game. NO.
Despite them been the better team by a mile for large chunks of game and having a large amount of play they only scored one goal, Boston played poor past the ball to there players more than we did our own but scored twice SIMPLES.

If you dont score more than the other team then you dont deserve to win.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 05:35:47 PM »
Oxford did go very close (woodwork) a few times!!

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2014, 06:29:56 PM »
Stood in Spaine Road terracing yesterday and some of the comments made me wonder if the people saying them had any idea about football... When we were booting it upfield first half they were shouting too feet,pass it.. Then the back 4 started playing it between them and the same person shouted,get rid,get it upfield... At half time amongst the boos was one person shouting new contract,he should have been sacked.... Fickle..

Admittedly at times there was no closing down or winning the second ball but as already stated,at this stage a win is a win..... No idea why their keeper only saw yellow for his "assault" on Newsh nor no idea why the ref waiting so long to allow him back on... 

As for their player going down and acting like he was booted in the head then jumping up once the card was branded,cheat,saw similar today during Atalanta game,players challenged foot was raised player goes down holding face,thing was the boot was near his waist and only thing that made contacted with his head was the ball but he could quiet easily have got the player sent off with his antics..

Anyway back to United,thank god they won,that other lot aren't giving me much to cheer about these days,it's that bad that when they win a throw in I cheer as if it is a goal :D

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2014, 07:18:01 PM »
DO anyone no iff SANDERS is back with our first team?
he left grantham then I thought he was with lynn for the rest of the season but it seams lynn don't have him.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2014, 07:43:22 PM »
Ask your Granddad!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2014, 07:50:59 PM »
Ask your Granddad!
[ITS him who wonts to no
/quote]

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2014, 08:21:17 PM »
Yes he has apparently returned to Boston... according to the Lynn forum.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2014, 09:03:35 PM »
Oxford did go very close (woodwork) a few times!!

That they did. But the open space between the two post is a lot bigger.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2014, 09:05:19 PM »
Oh forgot to add about there defender made a fantastic last ditch header on the line

Seenbetter

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2014, 09:09:10 PM »
Just have to mention this because of that idiot in black yesterday running around pretending he knew what he was doing. Did you see that great piece of refereeing by the guy IN CHARGE of the Scotland/Wales game. He saw the 'assault' by the Scottish player on the Welsh player and immediately showed him a yellow card, a 10 minute sending off. The ref then saw, as did 1000s of others the tackle replayed on the big screens. It was far worse than the ref first thought so he called the offending player back onto the pitch and changed the yellow card for a red card, a sending off for the rest of the game. What an example of great correction. Football refs have lots to learn from Rugby refs, they should be made to watch how a match should be controlled.
I know it was due to an action replay on a screen but rugby refs really are far superior in knowledge of what players get up to and the rules of the game.