Author Topic: Hands off! Pilgrims slap a £100k price tag on Pearson  (Read 3772 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Hands off! Pilgrims slap a £100k price tag on Pearson
« on: January 26, 2011, 01:11:05 PM »
Published on Wed Jan 26 09:36:41 GMT 2011

BOSTON United have issued a hands off warning to rival clubs thinking they could prise away Shaun Pearson – by slapping a £100,000 price tag on the defender.

The Pilgrims’ Blue Square Bet North rivals Alfreton Town sent a scout to watch United’s 1-1 draw with Guiseley on Saturday.

And with the Reds losing central defender Aden Flint to League One Swindon Town, the United camp fear their promotion rivals may be looking to fill their void by recruiting Pearson.

Flint was sold for an undisclosed fee, believed to be around £150,000, which means Alfreton have money to spend.

However, Boston manager Rob Scott was quick to warn his rivals that Pearson is going nowhere.

He told The Standard: “Scouts come to every game, so until we get word from anyone we won’t even think about it.

“We want him here. If someone offers £100,000 for him then that’s suddenly a different matter and the chairman will have to think about that.

“But we want Shaun here. He’s a part of this team.”

Twenty-year-old Pearson is the only member of the United squad that club chairman David Newton paid a fee for, believed to be around £5,000, after he bought him out of his AFC Stamford contract in the summer of 2009.

He made an instant impact in his debut season, scoring nine goals as Boston United earned promotion to the Blue Square Bet North via the UniBond Premier play-offs.

He also scooped five of the club’s Player of the Year awards at the end of his first campaign.

Tough-tackling Pearson has also bagged five goals this season, as the Pilgrims aim for back-to-back promotions.

Scott has also warned his defender that moving to big-spending Alfreton may improve his bank balance, but it may not help his career.

“Shaun would be silly to go to any other club at this level,” Scott added.

“He’s a player that wants to learn and wants to improve, and he’s at a club that’s coaching him.

“If he wants to move anywhere then he should be moving up to a club at higher level.

“He’s also under contract until the end of the season, so if anyone wants him they’ll have to wait until then.”

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hands off! Pilgrims slap a £100k price tag on Pearson
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 02:54:56 PM »
Be interesting to see then if he signs a New contract or holds out ..

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 03:29:45 PM »
Whatever happens with Shaun, I wouldn't knock the lad if he goes up the ladder with a BSP or League 2 club next season. His level of professionalism and commitment  is something any manager would love to work with. He's certainly one of my favourite modern day BUFC players. I hope you stay Shaun, but if you don't, fair play to you, you've done yourself and BUFC proud.

The Chief

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 08:04:01 PM »
Forrest also sent a Scout last Saturday (v Guiseley), was sat in main stand. Stated he was looking at Guiseley's No.10 - I think not?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 08:19:00 PM »
Forrest also sent a Scout last Saturday (v Guiseley), was sat in main stand. Stated he was looking at Guiseley's No.10 - I think not?

Quite a few have had a look at him, rather SWD than him to be fair like.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 10:58:02 PM »

Are Forest in need of more penalties then?

Regards Pearson the amount of clubs who have "definitely" signed him I'll believe it when I see it that he's gone.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 08:52:26 AM »
I would imagine they'd be looking at Walshaw because is a regular scorer, and simply checking out how he gets the goals. One look at the penalty record, would probably put them off.

YeadonLion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 04:13:46 PM »
Well spotted about Wally scoring all his goals from the spot.....

League Pens Total

Brayson (Blyth Spartans)  13 4 17
Walshaw (Guiseley)  13 2 15
Marsh (Stalybridge)  13 1 14
Hearn (Alfreton Town)  11 2 13
Storer (Nuneaton)  8 4 12
Armstrong (Harrogate Town)  6 5 11
Kendall (Gainsborough Trinity)  10 0 10
Kilheeney (Droylsden)  8 2 10
Mackey (Corby)  9 1 10
Smith (Redditch United)  9 1 10
Stevenson (Eastwood Town)  10 0 10
Weir-Daley (Boston United)  10 0 10
Cunnington (Solihull Moors)  9 0 9
Reid (Hinckley)  9 0 9
Anorou (Vauxhall Motors)  8 0 8
Beswick (Solihull Moors)  6 2 8
Trainer (AFC Telford United)  8 0 8
Banim (Droylsden)  5 2 7
Danks (Worcester City)  7 0 7
McNiven (Droylsden)  7 0 7

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 04:44:44 PM »
And last year?

YeadonLion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 08:28:03 PM »
ermmmm......

I think he scored 28 goals 19 from open play.