Author Topic: Edgeley Park, Stockport  (Read 3236 times)

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
Edgeley Park, Stockport
« on: June 24, 2015, 12:41:46 PM »
Although I've added this to another topic I think it may be of sufficient interest to merit its own.
Stockport County's ground is currently owned by the same company that own Sales Sharks Rugby Union Club and, for a while they shared Edgeley Park. The Sharks now share with Salford Red Devils Rugby League Club (at the 'newish' A J Bell Stadium close by the Trafford Centre) - and now Stockport Council are looking at the possibility of buying Edgeley Park to help secure County's future.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/stockport-council-bid-buy-stockport-9506453

Blue Hatter

• View Profile
Re: Edgeley Park, Stockport
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 07:16:54 PM »
Hello all. I've just joined your forum as until the other day I didn't realise I had a Boston United work colleague. I have just joined Manchester City Council and found out, as part of my induction, that George (Kearsley Pilgrim) will be a person I'll be dealing with quite regularly. I'm looking forward to the banter.

Anyhow, further to this story, Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council look set to buy Edgeley Park and lease it back to County. The latest is here :-

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/edgeley-park-council-buy-ground-9521860

We're a bit more optimistic now about the future of the Club and trying to climb out of the Conference North. I honestly don't think many County fans thought we'd be spending as long as we are at this level.

A new manager is in place. He's Neil Young who guided Chester to the Conference North title a few seasons back. I believe they only suffered one defeat that season before winning the title - and that was at your place!! Young has already cleared the decks and made 9 new signings to date, including one of your old boys Kevin Holsgrove. Things are hopefully on the up!!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 07:51:14 PM »
Kevin Holsgrove.....either brilliant or anonymous......still at this level so the latter rules.
As for Neil Young ....got his greatest hits....good album

Blue Hatter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 08:05:46 PM »
Kevin Holsgrove.....either brilliant or anonymous......still at this level so the latter rules.
As for Neil Young ....got his greatest hits....good album

Liked your response.  :laugh:

Pretty similar remarks have already been made on our Fans Forum about Holsgroves' performances.

Not so sure about Neil Young's music .......but maybe his next greatest hit will be getting us promotion.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 10:00:50 PM »
Good manager - heart of gold apparently....

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 08:45:49 AM »
....used to do a lot of work with Emlyn Hughes?

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 09:12:31 PM »
Kevin Holsgrove.....either brilliant or anonymous.

I agree. But then doesn't that apply to most wingers?