Author Topic: Samosas  (Read 8616 times)

Poros

• View Profile
Samosas
« on: June 27, 2010, 03:57:40 PM »
Oh dear.
John Terry bully against lesser opposition. No idea, can't play footbal against good opposition.
Where the hell is Garry Nevill. Even the most M.U. hater must want him there.
Upson? No expierience, where is Wes Bown loads of it.
Mat Dawson good footballer. What we need FOOTBALLERS.
DISCUSS :

Pride of Lincolnshire

Re: Samosas
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 05:30:20 PM »
England have consistantly played poorly all throughout this tournament. They have shown their true "talent" and let us all down. Unfortunately when our game is dominated by foreign suprstars, the real English talent goes unnoticed. The F.A have to continue to support developing young home grown talent if we are to hold our own against the best footballing countries. We've shown just how poor we are at this world cup at our own game. A real pitty, but you have to bite the bullet and say we're just not good enough at present. 

Can't wait to see some proper football played at York Street.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 05:38:27 PM »
Blame ourselves. We more than any nation in Europe (or the world for that matter) are prepared to keep paying for extortionate season ticket prices and Sky TV subscriptions. This in turn makes the Clubs 'rich' and we then get all the foreigners over. It's simple.

DL

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 05:39:41 PM »
I wouldnt say we are a bad side, we eased through the qualification rounds untroubled, its just the players couldnt live up to the hype and expectation, and looked burnt out.

We can beat anyone on our day, its just our day doesnt happen in world cups.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 05:41:58 PM »
Oh dear.
John Terry bully against lesser opposition. No idea, can't play footbal against good opposition.
Where the hell is Garry Nevill. Even the most M.U. hater must want him there.
Upson? No expierience, where is Wes Bown loads of it.
Mat Dawson good footballer. What we need FOOTBALLERS.
DISCUSS :

Man U fan alert, i think you have seriously overestimated Neville and Browns talent there mate.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 05:54:34 PM »
Neville should have gone, IMO. After Johnson, who is the best English right back?

Carragher? Laughable.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 05:55:46 PM »
There's more wrong at Premiership level than just foreign players.The whole lot are overpaid and over-hyped.When it all comes down to it,ask any fan of a premiership club which they would prefer,the national team successful,or their club successful,we all know which they would choose.I just thank God we'll soon be back at York Street for some proper footy.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 05:58:03 PM »
Baines, Jagielka and Carragher can all play RB and thy are all miles better than Gary Neville.

Actually Phil Neville would be better at RB and he's a midfielder.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 06:23:03 PM »

If that is the best that Capello can do, then he should pack his bags and jump on the first flight back to Italy. But the trouble is he won't, because like all the England players, he's on too much of a good thing in terms of his pay and conditions.

There's no doubt we have some good players. The role of the coach is then to mould those individuals into a team. Capello failed on that front.

If things are going wrong, the role of the coach is then to make changes to tactics and formations and to introduce substitutes wisely. Everyone in the country knows Steven Gerrard's best position - everyone except Mr Capello. And when we're losing to the Germans and need goals we take off prolific Jermaine Defoe and replace him with Emile Heskey! Why? Capello failed on that front too.

I'll finish this post with a word that hopefully Mr Capello will understand: Arrivederci!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 06:41:33 PM »

Where the hell is Garry Nevill.

So far up Fergies arse he wouldn't here the call from Fabio, not wanted.

Wes Brown

Like most of the players we took, not good enough.

Here is where good managers earn their corn.  Lets see which players make the 23 for the Euro qualifiers.  I think a few players will have been found out and may not waltz into the national setup next time.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 06:43:59 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 08:21:48 PM »

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 08:42:56 PM »
Gary Neville?!!?! Every time he played for Man U last season, he looked like a fan who had won a competition to get a game.

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 09:31:42 PM »
Please may I take this opportunity to officially retire myself from contention for the next England squad and international football generally?  I appreciate this will come as a disappointment to some, but age catches up with us all, plus I want to dedicate more time to my family.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 11:20:21 PM by porl99 »

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 10:19:12 PM »
Please may I take this opportunity to officially retire myself from contention for the next England squad?  I appreciate this will come as a disappoint to some, but age catches up with us all, plus I want to dedicate more time to my family.  Thank you.
that's a real shame Porl, you had so much more to offer. As one last favour can you take terry, heskey, both coles and barry with you?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 12:43:24 AM »
Baines, Jagielka and Carragher can all play RB and thy are all miles better than Gary Neville.

Actually Phil Neville would be better at RB and he's a midfielder.
So playing players out of position will get us further than we did in this World Cup? Baines is a left back, Jagielka a centre back, as is Carragher.

It'd be like playing Gerrard as a winger....