Author Topic: DG completes double signing  (Read 2590 times)

bostontarget.co.uk

• View Profile
DG completes double signing
« on: December 31, 2014, 02:00:47 PM »
Boston United have signed young Lincoln City forward Alex Simmons on loan until the end of the season.

Read more: http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-City-forward-Alex-Simmons-joins-Boston/story-25788184-detail/story.html#ixzz3NU466IU1
Follow us: @BostonTarget on Twitter | BostonTargetNews on Facebook

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: DG completes double signing
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 02:32:58 PM »
I'd prefer it if we didn't do business with Rotherham United, but won't hold that against the player. I wonder if Rotherham's manager will be popping down to York Street to keep tabs on his progression?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 02:40:17 PM »
I'd prefer it if we didn't do business with Rotherham United, but won't hold that against the player. I wonder if Rotherham's manager will be popping down to York Street to keep tabs on his progression?

I hope so !!   It would be good to see the main stand full  :)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 02:51:45 PM »
Interestingly it doesn't say Walker is a loan... hopefully Craig will confirm it is a proper signing.

When he joined Grimsby on loan earlier this month), he said "I'm a wide player that can play on both sides. I like to think of myself as an attacking player with an eye for a goal, I like getting on the ball and making things happen."

Does the signing of Simmonds mean Jones will not be kept on?

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 03:19:16 PM »
Both seem decent signings to me. We really need an attacking left winger and hopefully Simmons is a pacy striker as that's sort of striker we need.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 03:23:34 PM »
http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/millers-extend-youngsters-contract-2174652.aspx

Meanwhile, the short-term deals of Mitchell Rose and Nicky Walker have also expired and both will not be retained by the Millers