Author Topic: Today's game  (Read 9261 times)

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today's game
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 12:39:37 PM »
Agree with what Rob Scott said in his post match interview on imps radio, Boston Utd need one or two more experienced players in the team, one point out of nine is very worrying, and that one point was gained in a home match against a low in the league team, Burscough, who we should have beaten, nothing against a even  lower league team, Matlock away,  Yesterday we were beaten by a strong, disciplined, well organised team, they played with width, that is something our team lack, their number seven caused our defence endless problems, our left, or is it right back, could not live with him, we kept our attacking number seven  [ our only wide player on the bench,]   until late in the second half, we play too many players out of postion, eg= Wood at left back, Newsham, one of the best goal poachers in this league, out wide, do away with the big man up front, then we can play the ball on the deck, and then play Newsham as centre forward,  when we don't play Yates on the right wing, all we do is lump the ball up to the big centre forward, we are too predictable in our play, visiting managers have got our team tactics worked out, its not a crisis yet, but it needs sorting S&H, if we are to get out of this league this season, I am convinced you can do it S&H. Good-luck.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 07:27:47 PM »
A few more pics including the mandatory Scotty shot.  :)

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 09:48:12 PM »
For me BPA are the best side we've played this season and thoroughly deserved their win yesterday. They passed the ball better than us and just looked a bit more assured on the ball. A completely different game to the one at their place where we dominated but conceded an injury time equalizer.

Not going to criticize our lads as always they gave 100% effort. First half was all them and the penalty was a defo pen. Second half thought they sat back a bit on their lead and although we huffed and puffed we didn't really carve out enough clear cut opportunities.

For me, if they keep playing like that Bradford will win this league I have no doubt, not giving up on the title but at this moment in time we look to be that little bit short and play-offs look more likely. That something is not skill or strength like some on here think, but that bit of nouse or ability  to dig out a result when we haven't played well. I think this is the difference between us and team like Bradford for definite and maybe 1 or 2 others.

Next week is looking very important now, not because 3 points would end any aspirations but more we need a win to restore confidence and anything but could lead to a serious crisis in confidence and it will be a lot tougher game than their league position indicates just as Matlock was.

Seenbetter

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 12:02:51 PM »
Just listened to Scotts post match interview. What a pleasure to hear such honesty. No bullsh*t or fairy stories like those we used to get and someone else is now getting. Definitely need some punch at the front. Having said that we did get some cracking attempts at scoring and they did only win because of a clear penalty decision. A draw would have been a good result for us.

les

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2009, 01:33:20 PM »
Agree we were basically outplayed for parts of the game, but one of our problems, and apparently also at Matlock was that we struggled with the wet and slippery conditions. Perhaps a training session at Peterborough Ice Rink would be in order provided we could avoid injuries.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009, 07:07:56 PM »
Agree we were basically outplayed for parts of the game, but one of our problems, and apparently also at Matlock was that we struggled with the wet and slippery conditions. Perhaps a training session at Peterborough Ice Rink would be in order provided we could avoid injuries.
Chris woods on ice? he reminds me of bambi as it is! his legs would be even more wobblely

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 09:29:23 PM »
Chris woods on ice? he reminds me of bambi as it is! his legs would be even more wobblely

As a tall man, I'd pay to watch Suarez try to Ice skate, I'm fecking useless at anything other than dry land.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 10:30:41 PM »
I thought Bradford looked better than us on the day, which is quite galling as they are a horrible excuse of a tinpot football club. They are now favourites for the league, but I wouldn't rule any of us, Retford, NFU Kendal or Guiseley out as the league is so topsy turvy (although the latter two are probably going to struggle with a huge fixture backlog considering there will be quite a few postponements to come yet).

The last few week's have truly been football coming back to bite you with our form and the demise of King's Lynn and the Boxing Day derby, but we just need to get our heads down and start stringing together the wins again. The Unibond's incessant tinkering with the fixture list and York Street's record for keeping games on means we look to have a decent routine after Christmas: training on Tuesdays and Thursdays with matches exclusive to Saturdays.

arry

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 03:38:13 PM »
I thought Bradford looked better than us on the day, which is quite galling as they are a horrible excuse of a tinpot football club. They are now favourites for the league, but I wouldn't rule any of us, Retford, NFU Kendal or Guiseley out as the league is so topsy turvy (although the latter two are probably going to struggle with a huge fixture backlog considering there will be quite a few postponements to come yet).

The last few week's have truly been football coming back to bite you with our form and the demise of King's Lynn and the Boxing Day derby, but we just need to get our heads down and start stringing together the wins again. The Unibond's incessant tinkering with the fixture list and York Street's record for keeping games on means we look to have a decent routine after Christmas: training on Tuesdays and Thursdays with matches exclusive to Saturdays.

Would you care to explain why BPA - in your opinion, are are 'a horrible excuse of a tinpot football club.'
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 03:40:56 PM by arry »