Author Topic: Today's game  (Read 9262 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Today's game
« on: December 12, 2009, 06:12:36 PM »
Here's a few pics from today's game, more to follow soon.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today's game
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 06:40:04 PM »
Wheres everyone gone tonight.?  Listening to Rob Scott on radio it sounds as if he is looking to bring a bit of experience in the side,

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 06:41:48 PM »
A few more pics, more to follow.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 06:44:50 PM »
Wheres everyone gone tonight?

I think they are all out partying in Boston tonight given the number of people telling me that is why they aren't participating in tomorrow's little jog around the town centre.  ;D

Bartmac

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 07:02:43 PM »
More like drowning their sorrows after todays performance - but what a poor lot of officials, isn't there any decent ones in this league?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 07:05:27 PM »
Last set of pics until tomorrow when I have a chance to process a few more after I get home to Leeds.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 08:08:33 PM »
Ken just finished my Santa Run preparation!Had a feast on Fish and Chips covered with ASDA curry(5p a jar).Followed by a Wispa bar and now just getting a Mince Pie!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 08:21:15 PM »
Ken just finished my Santa Run preparation!Had a feast on Fish and Chips covered with ASDA curry(5p a jar).Followed by a Wispa bar and now just getting a Mince Pie!

That doesn't sound too bad! A bit of protein (the fish) and hitting the carbs for some energy. It's not far off what was considered a good diet for footballers not long ago before they brought in fancy dieticians.  ;)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 08:29:17 PM »
Just got done by a bigger, stronger, more robust side.  It's as simple as that.  Both sides works their knackers off, but only one got the lucky break of a penalty for the breakthrough and were able to hold onto the points.

Disappointed to lose but not over worried as the performance was good.  It's a chase to the end of the season now as I can't see them losing many games on that display.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

spalding linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 09:29:34 PM »
I attended todays game as wanted to see some footie and this was a top of the table clash. My first visit to your ground = good atmosphere and I was made welcome by a number of your fans. Very close game and you certainly had your chances in second half. I'm sure you will be there or therabouts come end of the season and would like to say good luck for the rest of the year - its about time you got to the Conference level. hope we get a derby game not to many years ahead. LOL

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2009, 08:53:34 AM »
  As a neutral supporter I thought this was a very entertaining game of football but as
  i am not the loss was very disapointing. Having said that i thought BPA were by far the
  best footballing side i have seen at York Street this season. December is proving to be
  a difficult month in terms of league points so far to which we need to improve on with
  only two awkward fixtures remaining this year.

With regard the performance against Bradford i thought at times we lacked a little
  desire and found it difficult at times to unlock a resolute defence and on the odd
  occasion we did found their keeper in decent form. We are still very workmanlike
  throughout the squad but lacked yesterday the cutting edge in the final third. Rob's
  substiutions were made just a little to late for me when we had given ourselves a bit
  of a mountain to climb with the ref's clock ticking down.....

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 06:41:24 PM by sparks »
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 09:08:49 AM »
Yesterday was the first game i've managed to see for a while. Whilst i thought we huffed and puffed i do think we were second best for most of the game. They seemed stronger, quicker, more organised than us. We did have lots more chances than BPA but we seemed to lack that killer finish. For effort you could say we did deserve a draw, sadly effort alone doesn't win football games.
I still think we'll be up there at the end but no necessarily at top spot.

check the grassy knoll.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 09:47:23 AM »
Have to agree with most of the above.BPA looked like a side on a good run and appeared confident.Easily the best side to come here this season,they were physically stonger,passed the ball better and always seemed to have players running off the ball,We on the other hand had too many not playing at their best,and only SWD looked capable of unlocking them,at least until Jamie Clarke came on and gave us some energy.Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say you were beaten by the better side on the day.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 10:16:14 AM »

Bradford were the best side we have played this season, and I genuinely that any side who finishes above them in the League Table will be crowned champions. They have improved considerably since our away game in Bradford.

No complaints regarding the penalty, though if either of Danny Sleath's efforts early on had found the target then the game could have been a different story. I also thought the Boston side that finished the game looked stronger than the one that had started it, and as someone else has said we might have pulled something back if the changes had been made earlier.

I did notice that a lot of Bradford's attacking play came down their right wing / our left side. The winger Simon Baldry had the beating of Chris Wood for most of the game. Baldry has lots of experience, having played a lot of League games for Huddersfield Town and Notts County, and I'd imagine he's on a lot more money at Bradford Park Avenue than our budget at York Street would run to. If Bradford don't go up this season, you start to question how long they can retain that type of player without running the risk of becoming the next King's Lynn.

jon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 12:28:51 PM »

I did notice that a lot of Bradford's attacking play came down their right wing / our left side. The winger Simon Baldry had the beating of Chris Wood for most of the game. Baldry has lots of experience, having played a lot of League games for Huddersfield Town and Notts County, and I'd imagine he's on a lot more money at Bradford Park Avenue than our budget at York Street would run to. If Bradford don't go up this season, you start to question how long they can retain that type of player without running the risk of becoming the next King's Lynn.

Simon Baldry was signed from Ossett Town,so I assume it wont have broke BB's bank balance.