Author Topic: Today's game  (Read 16219 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Today's game
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 01:53:24 AM »
Good you kept your temper crazy Neil, it does show what sort of person he is to do that in front of his young child, obviously a mindless thug,with no respect for you or his child.
We all come across these idiots in life, they are just not raised properly with no family values.
Chin up matey tomorrow is another day.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 07:29:40 AM »
100% gutted for our brilliant new manager.

Why is he brilliant ?

TEP

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 11:04:38 AM »

Why is he brilliant ?

TEP
I believe it's an ironic or sarcastic quote and play on the word brilliant, as used by another poster when describing Adam Murray at a very early stage in his tenure.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2017, 01:08:29 PM »
What did you all make of AM interview on radio Lincs?
I think he is really level headed and realist, I know its all been said before, but DG has truly left Adam and the chairman with a major problem.
How the hell is he going to get rid of the players that are basically not up to it.
This is going to be a costly affair me thinks.
But there is going to be changes for sure, and AM is not a person who takes prisoners.
I don't think he was impressed with Mr Massey,but I would imagine most manager's in this league think that.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2017, 01:39:16 PM »
What did you all make of AM interview on radio Lincs?
I think he is really level headed and realist, I know its all been said before, but DG has truly left Adam and the chairman with a major problem.
How the hell is he going to get rid of the players that are basically not up to it.
This is going to be a costly affair me thinks.
But there is going to be changes for sure, and AM is not a person who takes prisoners.
I don't think he was impressed with Mr Massey,but I would imagine most manager's in this league think that.
I agree about AM. He certainly seems to have an intelligent opinion of this level of football, and I like his approach, but yes, you're right, he does have a headache with so many injured and or substandard players in his squad. But, if he's done his homework, he would have known that when he took the job on. It's probably fair to say that at interview these questions would have been raised, and I would likely guess that he was told he could bring in limited players of his own choosing, and get rid of some non contract costs, in order to avoid relegation. The sensible approach would then be to have a summer clear out, having identified his own targets in the meantime, so he can shape his own team in the summer, but probably not before, making do for the time being.

John Bunyan, 1684

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2017, 06:41:16 PM »
Brought on 3 subs....all DG players
Complained about ref (quite rightly)
Complained about pitch
Played a CH up front...
Still havent won at home on a Saturday.
Not much changed ....

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 06:46:52 PM by howmanynames2pick »

youngchubby69

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2017, 07:12:32 PM »
Yeah they will soon be calling for his sacking.
Lets look on the positive bright side then.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2017, 07:44:03 PM »
Brought on 3 subs....all DG players
Complained about ref (quite rightly)
Complained about pitch
Played a CH up front...
Still havent won at home on a Saturday.
Not much changed ....
no midgets yet!!!!!!!

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2017, 07:56:52 PM »
No body from Sunderland yet LOL 😁

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2017, 08:14:34 PM »
I've not managed to attend a game for a while now, but from what i am seeing on the match highlights, from the post match interviews and from fellow fans feedback, i think we have a decent manager who we can only judge fully from the beginning of next season. Any signings he brings in between now and next season will give us more of a clue, but so far, so good as yesterday was always going to end with little points given the fact that they were on form, we were missing our key man, and we had no clear back up in the way of a half decent striker.

But as fans, we now need to get away from this obsession about what the ex manager is saying on twitter for example, let him get on with it. For any of us to go screen grabbing and posting what is said, doesn't make any of us any better surely ?  Rise above it, show some class and move forward, not backwards. I don't want to be making a dig at anyone, life is to short, but the message has to be put out that now is the time to let things be. I couldn't care less about what he, the ex manager,  thinks of us. We are in a new chapter now and it is this solely which we must focus on and get this team rising up the league.

Hands up, i backed the old manager in the past, but now, i couldn't care less as i say,  we need to all move on.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2017, 10:46:21 PM »
Think it exposed how badly short we are going forwards without Smith.
Aimless balls to nobody were all we really offered, their keeper din't make a save and their defence dealt easily with what we offered.
They had a decent outlet up top and warranted the win but the 1st goal was poor in that we gave it away casually and they broke and he scored at the near post when we should be stopping that. The 2nd one I'm not fussed about as we threw men forwards to try and get a draw.
Hopefully we can get someone in for Saturday or it could be another long 90mins against another solid side (who especially don't concede many). I'm not judging AM properly until he gets his men in, think we're right to try and concentrate on not conceding and hoping to grab something at the other end.
Gonna be a month of ugly scraps and perhaps few points I think but got to back the side and ensure we don't get sucked back in after doing a decent job over Xmas against sides we should be beating.

Also, get Fairhurst and Colley off the wage bill ASAP. If they can#t get a gig when they're the only 2 strikers then they never will. Time to cut our losses and free up some money on lads who will offer more of a threat.... why on earth did we let Harry Limb go? Not saying he's the answer but can't have done any worse and a few games this year would toughen him up and be invaluable for his development.

On a side note, nice to see some away fans actually give it a go for the majority of the game. We've had 'large' supports here before who contribute next to nothing to the atmosphere, Aside from FCUM and Lowestoft once and Barrow once, away atmospheres like that have been very thin on the ground here last 2-3 years
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 10:49:14 PM by joshb »

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2017, 12:00:43 AM »
Respect to Kane Felix, he could easily have taken the shot for their last goal but you could see he didn't want to score against us on his first return.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2017, 12:24:50 AM »
 There hasn't been a clean sheet for 3 months
  Its not just the attack which needs attention ..

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2017, 09:12:02 AM »

Why is he brilliant ?

TEP
I believe it's an ironic or sarcastic quote and play on the word brilliant, as used by another poster when describing Adam Murray at a very early stage in his tenure.

I was not being sarcastic so stop looking for negatives all the time where there are positive posts! Until Saturday he had 4 games and no defeats. Adam Murray IS a good manager and will be pushing BUFC for promotion next season.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 09:16:03 AM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2017, 09:28:59 AM »
the first goal was a) sloppy - we gave it away high up the park and were out of our defensive shape b) unlucky as the shot was going across the keeper and unfortunately josh got across and a nick off his studs deflected it inside the near post. a combination of unfortunate events which the keeper eludes to in his post match interview

as a new convert to BUFC I've been very impressed with the organisation and shape of the team. sure we need new signings but I reckon that if we'd had Gregg we'd have got a point on Saturday

I don't think the manager is daft. he'll know we need a target man and hope the gets a proper one. problem I guess though is decent target men will cost 500 a week and we may not have that spare budget right now with so many contracts

that will be different next season so look forward with optimism. there is much to smile about. the players are giving 100% and that's all we fans can ask

disappointed with the ref though. seemed to change at half time. swearing seemed ok first half but not second. little fella with a chip on his shoulder in my view. very very poor. the fella at gainsborough was bad but this one was miles worse