Author Topic: Managers...  (Read 4194 times)

woad_pilgrim

Managers...
« on: November 19, 2010, 10:10:29 PM »
See this link

Anyone else think Mansfield might be interested in S&H? They've already raided lower leagues for Holdsworth (who was S&H's predecessor at Ilkeston). If Lincoln can be linked then surely with Mansfield being only 1 league higher is a more realistic possibility? With the managers seemingly unhappy with the fans and the talk of contract talks gone unnervingly quiet I'm worried.

Is this paranoia or does anyone else think this is possible?

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Managers...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 12:10:55 AM »
They've just been taken over by a rich businessman, so my guess is they'll go for a "big" name rather than gamble on two younger managers.

Saying that if a big ex-league club come knocking they will probably be tempted to leave, especially if it comes with a bumper pay rise.

Hopefullythat wont happen, so contract talks should be done ASAP!

Rocking Rev

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 02:54:44 AM »
BBC Sport seems to indicate that Dave Penney, the ex-Doncaster Rovers manager, may be in line. I hope that materialises because Rob and Paul are doing an excellent job at United.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 11:41:18 AM »
are you still in Australia rev?
"till saturday comes"

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 09:25:57 PM »
I would say the Alfreton manager is on their radar  more than Scotty and Hurst.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 09:27:39 PM by Tash »
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Rocking Rev

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 12:18:31 AM »
Cappo - I sure am. We are now into our fourth year 'down under' but the Pilgrims are never far from our thoughts. I continue to go on the Website and Patter every day to keep updated on all things Pilgrims but the start times for games (23.00 here) is a bit too demanding. I normally come down at 06.00 on a Sunday morning in fear and trepidation hoping for the best so am well stoked this morning!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 10:40:42 AM »
See this link

Anyone else think Mansfield might be interested in S&H? They've already raided lower leagues for Holdsworth (who was S&H's predecessor at Ilkeston). If Lincoln can be linked then surely with Mansfield being only 1 league higher is a more realistic possibility? With the managers seemingly unhappy with the fans and the talk of contract talks gone unnervingly quiet I'm worried.

Is this paranoia or does anyone else think this is possible?

No - the Mansfield chairman is in the Evening Post today declaring he does not want an 'up and coming' manager; he specifically states he wants someone with experience of managing at higher levels. I would imagine that all but rules our guys out of the running for the position. Which is obviously good news.

The Mansfield chairman looks and sounds like a right knob too. Rocky times ahead there, methinks. What a terrible, terrible shame.

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 02:41:41 PM »
Strong rumour at our game yesterday from a couple of Mansfield lads was that Dave Penney is the favourite.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »
Good cup draw for you FT.  Deserved it after yesterdays good win .

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 03:42:53 PM »
Yes excellent draw GHM, although logistically it might be a nightmare at CP!!

Apart from the first 10 minutes we played extremely well yesterday and should have scored more than 4. Woody had another very good game, at the moment he is joint leader in the fans MoM vote on our forum.

It's been a pleasure watching the team this year compared to some of the dross we have had to put up with in recent seasons. Interestingly 7 of the starting line-up yesterday played in our run-in to last season where I think we only picked up 1 point form the last 10 matches! The main difference in my opinion is that they are enjoying playing football again (without all the background troubles) and have regained their confidence.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 07:56:35 PM »
Woody was at our game on Saturday FT. He seems to be enjoying his time with you, really pleased for him and for Worksop.