Author Topic: Any southerners going to Durham?  (Read 4705 times)

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Any southerners going to Durham?
« on: February 14, 2010, 08:13:44 PM »
....if you are, then check out the planes before the trains.

For the second time in my life, I'm flying to and from an away game, cos it's cheaper than the train.  Easyjet out from Stansted and BA back to Heathrow.....all for about what I pay in petrol for a home game!  Getting from Newcastle airport to Durham looks a doddle by metro and train.

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
Re: Any southerners going to Durham?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 09:39:12 PM »
might be a bit tight getting back in time for a 19-45 flight home.  The Ground and the railway station are a quite a way away from each other.  but £56 is a quality fare!

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 09:45:25 PM »
I'm on the 19.45, I thought the earlier one was pushing it a bit!  I'm hoping a shade over 2 hours should be OK for the return flight....check in online and no luggage? 

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 10:19:44 PM »
i'm very tempted to join you! will have to investigate.

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »
I'm heading up from Basingstoke on the train - tickets cost me £48. If I was going to fly there then I'd need to pay to get to and from the airport so I think I've probably got a good deal.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 07:59:46 PM »
Anyone know anything about the trains to and from worksop, from either skeg or boston?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 08:27:50 PM »
Anyone know anything about the trains to and from worksop, from either skeg or boston?

There play at Ilkeston ground mate. wasnt digging just dont want a fellow bufc going wronge and not making the match. Apart from that i couldnt help i have no idea about the trains

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 08:48:11 PM »
Don't go to Worksop, no game there!

Train to Nottingham, then get bus number 2 from Nottingham Victoria bus station. Takes about 45 minutes to get there.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 09:30:52 PM »

Train to Nottingham, then get bus number 2 from Nottingham Victoria bus station. Takes about 45 minutes to get there.

Except there's engineering works on the Nottingham line again so it's a snail like replacement bus service to Grantham that takes an hour and a half on Saturday.

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 10:13:00 PM »

Except there's engineering works on the Nottingham line again so it's a snail like replacement bus service to Grantham that takes an hour and a half on Saturday.

Oh, be careful about this.

I went back to Boston over the weekend just gone (for my birthday). I was supposed to catch the 1700 bus on the Sunday evening back to Grantham (an hour an a half was scheduled) - this was on the timetable I printed out. Luckily, I got there early because the 1652 came in on time. I got on that, asked the conductor about why there was a train and he claimed that 'there was never going to be a bus'.

Moral of the story: check with East Midlands trains beforehand!

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 12:00:16 AM »
If the weather forecast is accurate there will be no game on Saturday anyway. Snow forecast for Nottingham again.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 02:03:59 AM »
Sorry my mistake i presumed they had gone back to there own ground now!