Re: Today
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2013, 12:04:06 PM »
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 12:47:44 PM by Ken Fox »

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2013, 12:52:24 PM »
, there is also a full back who has played with us before and living in the Sleaford area who would also be an asset, I will leave it with you who this is but he left a few years ago to go to Worcester.

Ryan Clarke would join us in a heart beat, I'm sure about that.

Was not good enough the last time he was in the squad (2008) with captain clean et al.

Always played better against us than for us

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2013, 12:52:57 PM »
, there is also a full back who has played with us before and living in the Sleaford area who would also be an asset, I will leave it with you who this is but he left a few years ago to go to Worcester.

Ryan Clarke would join us in a heart beat, I'm sure about that.

He has been excellent for us for most of the season. I would be very disappointed if he was to leave.

However, it has been announced we are cutting the budget next season (not as drastically as Trinity) and the new manager is looking to build a squad based on young local players, with a few "experienced heads". So there is a possibility he could leave.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013, 07:15:52 PM »

There's Wally!  :bunny

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2013, 08:18:38 AM »
Glad this seasons over, one to forget.

Agree with that, worst season since the first in Conf North and that was only worse because of the cloud of going bust hanging over for most of it. Even the relegation threatened season from the Unibond was better than this.

As for next season, well jury is out on the manager. Wasn't keen on him when he applied, has been around alot of clubs, the managerial equivalent of a journeyman? He's had moderate success at a couple (Hemel and Windsor), the only real success is at St Neots where he had 2 promotions but on a budget rumoured to be in excess of teams at this level whils playing in the UCL/Evo S

Needs? GK, 2 centre backs, left back, centre mid - a ball winner, another winger, a centre forward with pace. We'd then need a couple more for cover, along with Reed, Sanders and possibly Field (although he has said he doesn't want to be a bench warmer) - as I think these 3 can improve enough to make first team players but need to be eased in.
REED came back from town looking for play time GREENE says all my players will get time to prove themselves,     so REED gets 50 min. to date.
FIELD came back to cover for JELLYMAN injury,in the first 2 match's he was made M.O.M,he played in the next 3 games wich were cleen sheets,we never see him again,untill histon but not match fit we wonder why.
SANDERS is getting run outs and is younger so good luck to him.
WE say to REED and FIELD theres life after boston .
what do golfers no,   good    luck to all our players for next season ,were ever they play;;;;

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2013, 10:33:51 AM »
I agree with how greene mixed the team up over the past game, so he could see what he had, Reed wasnt the issue to look at as he was never in doubt for next season.
The 6 or 7 players that was most in doubt have all had game time now so some will stay some will not but none of them can complain to much that greene as not given them a crack to impress.