Author Topic: today  (Read 10700 times)

woad_pilgrim

Re: today
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 10:19:17 AM »
First half is as good as we've played all season, the only time we've been as good is second half away at Histon. And therein lies the problem, I'm yet to see us put in a full 90 minutes, it's always good first poor second or vice versa.

First half today we made a very good Hyde look very average, but despite being the better side for long periods of that first half it was Hyde who created the better chances. Second half Hyde seemed to ditch their passing game a bit and lob long balls over the top for their pacy number 11 who outstripped our aging back line several times, they got their first like this and had another cleared off the line.

Whoever said we deserved a point needs to take the rose tinted specs off, Hyde rode out the first half when under the cosh and second half gave us a lesson on how to mix the game up between when to pass the ball and when to hit it long. We are far too predictable, long balls to JL or out wide to Semps who is in fine form. Cut out these and we have no plan b.

I'm not faulting the lads they gave 100% but there is quality missing. As has been said Hyde's keeper didn't have a save to make all game so despite our first half dominance there is something wrong  ???

For me it's a combination of things, a lack of creating clear cut chances, the half chances we're creating we don't have enough quality up top to finish them and our a bit of bad luck is also playing its part.

Personally agree with GHM I think we do need to make around 3 or 4 changes in personnel, one is we need Wardy back asap, as good as Kev and Alan White where yesterday the lack of pace when they play is alarming. two and three is we need to replace JL and his strike partner.  Fourth change is Canners, he obviously isn't fit. Along with the personnel change we need a change of tactic or at least another tactic other than the big un to JL. If we are going to keep playing it long we need someone up top with pace to play with the big man.

We are consistently inconsistent and are going to finish mid-table. There are positives though, I think JL and LC are learning all the time and the team is slowly improving. Semple is playing really well, Ben Milnes is adding steel to his ability, Sleath still has quality. If we can start playing through the middle instead of bypassing them then I think we have the makings of a good team. I also thought Newsh had a decent game yesterday and is probably worth a start again next week.

airsbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 10:20:51 AM »
Sussexpilgrim you are absolutely right. Why some people can't understand that is beyond me! Fancy ranting on about signing quality new players. If some of you lot knew anything about the running of the club (on a shoe string) and the fact that every penny is accounted for you would think twice before making stupid comments about signing quality (expensive) new players. GET REAL!!!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 10:29:24 AM »
Quality doesn't always equal expense,  there in lies the essence of a good lower league manager.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

airsbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 10:52:22 AM »
LCB I agree with you but none the less, new players cost money, good new players cost more money - BUFC has very little money. The club needs a chance to get back on it's feet! In my opinion we are lucky to have a club to support!

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 11:15:07 AM »
Sussexpilgrim you are absolutely right. Why some people can't understand that is beyond me! Fancy ranting on about signing quality new players. If some of you lot knew anything about the running of the club (on a shoe string) and the fact that every penny is accounted for you would think twice before making stupid comments about signing quality (expensive) new players. GET REAL!!!

Exactly right, airsbufc. I continue to be astounded by the naive understanding by some, of how a business is run.
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

PilgrimSam

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 11:17:50 AM »
we looked dangerous first 10-15 mins but after that we couldnt get many chances.

Semps was our best player by far and i think he's the one that we need to focus on getting/creating goals.

as for tyrone kirk, when he came on looked lethal and would definately have him over chris hall

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 11:58:08 AM »
Results are based on 90minutes play MLF , on that basis the result was fair even if Boston did have a good 45 mins.
I,ve not played football but I have run a busines MLF and to be honest I find your comment  about business naive .   
 In any business the simple rule is make best use of your resources .  The team can be improved by moving out dead wood which cannot be seen through rose tinted glasses .
We have a fair size squad so if we moved out 5 players and the fitness coach  and the mangers put his wages into the playing budget we can get better players ,.   If we put all the savings into signing thee quality players we would have a better squad and still ample cover .

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 01:44:32 PM »
Results are based on 90minutes play MLF , on that basis the result was fair even if Boston did have a good 45 mins.
I,ve not played football but I have run a busines MLF and to be honest I find your comment  about business naive .   
 In any business the simple rule is make best use of your resources .  The team can be improved by moving out dead wood which cannot be seen through rose tinted glasses .
We have a fair size squad so if we moved out 5 players and the fitness coach  and the mangers put his wages into the playing budget we can get better players ,.   If we put all the savings into signing thee quality players we would have a better squad and still ample cover .
[/b]

According to what was said at the forum, the fitness coach's salary is being paid by Jason and Lee out their own pockets so getting rid wiould not benefit the club finances at all!

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 01:44:54 PM »

Oh! Thanks for the clarity, Lord Sugar  ;)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 02:34:28 PM »
OP i said the money given to pay fitness coach would be best in playing budget.
MLF good to see you don,t disagree with my view .

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2011, 03:21:01 PM »
OP i said the money given to pay fitness coach would be best in playing budget.
MLF good to see you don,t disagree with my view .

Sure thing m'lud  ;) hugs to Lady Sugar  ;

« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 05:43:07 PM by myleftfoot »

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2011, 04:18:37 PM »
Steve Thompson`s summary of Boston United at the final whistle was SPOT ON ! Boston will win a few, draw a few and lose a few. Not good enough for the play offs at present, so a mid table prediction and i cannot agree more.

abully

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2011, 04:31:38 PM »
Having just read the comments from noughtyforties,i felt i must reply.

i'm not sure which planet he's on, but how many more times does he need

reminding that the club is still struggling financially.If it wasn't for the generosity of

our chairmen and the good buisness sence thev'e employed since saving the club

we would't be in existance and he woudn't have a team to moan about.

It seems to me that until we can move from York St and stop paying the

extortionate rent, we will have to accept that a few years more in this league

is the best we can hope for.As a supporter of 50 years ,iv's seen the club go

through both highs and lows,and considering the circumstances the club finds itself

currently,things are going pretty well.Great game yesterday,thought we deserved a

point.

Whilst everyone has a right to their opinion,some people make themselves look

very foolish by not putting their brain in gear before opening their mouths!

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 05:12:54 PM »
Saturday was a reality check. Everybody there except foot in mouth and his happy clappers should have seen what we should have done at the start of the season.

We need younger hungry players, and a management team that can find and develop them.

Our back 5 yesterday had a total age of 176 and add a 40 year old centre forward.

I will support the team because I am a genuine supporter, but I cannot see us finishing in the top half of the league this season, if things stay the same.

I have said it before, but just look at the last 10 fixtures of the season. I hope we dont want too many points from that lot.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2011, 05:34:46 PM »
We're not going to be relegated, but we're also not going to be promoted.

Mid table. Gainsborough Trinity. We're a sponge cake with no flavour.

Its probably not going to win us any more fans but its keeping the club afloat until we can move into a new stadium and remove that millstone from our necks.

The Lee's are doing okay, not tremendous but they havent got a lot of money to play with, theyre also learning all the time, its not ideal, but you cant have seasons like we have in the last 2 years every year.