Author Topic: Ryan Charles to BUFC?  (Read 13453 times)

Chicken legend

• View Profile
Re: Ryan Charles to BUFC?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 10:07:49 AM »
Perhaps noughtyforties should give Greene a list of player who he should sign as he seems to know
More about players at this level than anyone else.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 10:10:28 AM »
Negative stuff from n40 once again. The 3 signings so far have looked very good and any new player should be judged on how he performs for bufc not on his past or on who his previous clubs are. Does anyone know the fixtures for pre season???

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »
He would still moan if he did select the squad. Needs to get digital (No negatives)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 02:05:16 PM »
I do laugh when a newbie, even those who have been supporting us for years, come on the minute someone begins to criticise a possible new signing, especially after this season when we were flooded by the Druryites ;D

You have to say he is obviously a decent player, you simply can't play for some of those clubs without being so, but unless I missed something, which is likely where does it say, or even suggest it might be heading our way?

It's a bloody good few miles from Hemel, Hertfordshire and the like, that's for sure.

Yeah and am getting nothing back in return either, life is not fair at times, it's like being sent down without doing the crime! ;D
He had not signed for us an hour ago BG .     Still doing the Danish for Mrs G on a Sunday morning .?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 02:06:59 PM »
Perhaps noughtyforties should give Greene a list of player who he should sign as he seems to know
More about players at this level than anyone else.

I know more than he does about the players! ;D...............ask me, ask me

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 02:20:12 PM »
Why is it we sign a new player someone has to go and dig something up from their past?? Seem to think some on here would be better off working for the gutter press ;)

We have all done something in the past that we regret,how would you like it if you went to work for someone else and then your past was shared to all your fellow workers??

Unfortunately in these times of google and search engines, digging up something from the past isn't something you have to do, the information just falls into your lap simply when searching for footballing information

To suggest any misdemeanours should go un-discussed is at best probably wishful thinking. If someone has strayed from the paths of righteousness I am afraid it is inevitable that the details will chatted about, and those sinners will, and probably do take it on the chin. After all where, and by what right would any of us draw the line, as to what is an acceptable legal error. Get it all out in the open, treat them as you find them, and then no-one can come back to retrospectively throw it back at you

As for sharing someone's past with fellow workers, again where do any of us draw the line. What happens if you are working with a sex offender, a child molester, a murderer, would it be okay then?

anyone, don't want to get into a deep debate about either of the players as you say, stones and glass houses and all that, if they do the business, no-one will ever bring it up again, and that's surely in these instances how it should be

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 04:55:53 PM »
Does anyone know the fixtures for pre season???

Just announced on the official web site: http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/leeds-friendly-tops-pre-season-963319.html

PRE-SEASON 2013-2014
Tuesday July 16: Lincoln United (A)
Thursday July 18: Spalding United (A)
Saturday July 20: Leeds United XI (H)
Tuesday July 23: Cambridge United (H)
Thursday July 25: Grantham Town (A)
Saturday July 27: Mansfield Town (H)
Tuesday July 30: Biggleswade Town (A)
Saturday August 3: Lincoln City (A)
Tuesday August 6: King’s Lynn Town (A)
Saturday August 10: Gainsborough Trinity (H)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 07:51:09 PM »
Hemel Hempstead?

Can we do no better than that?

So pleased I've not got another ST if that is the height of our aspirations..........looks like we've got another manager happy to take second best.

One day the penny will drop that short changing the fans has a very limited shelf life and that a community policy only works if you have a competitive first team, thats what 99% of people want, not a few kids teams that win cups.

Moan moan moan..!!!
Change the record or go support a different team.

Another brave keyboard warrior.........

Chicken legend

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 07:59:52 PM »
Just saying what everyone else on here is thinking....!!!! ;D

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 09:24:42 PM »

I doubt it very much........

I think I'm saying what the 3-500 regulars who've stopped coming over the last 2 seasons are saying with their absence.

The empty spaces on the terraces speak far louder than some cyber coward, and there will be a lot more if we're served up the same garbage as the last couple of seasons.........we're not all enthrall to Dave Newton and the board, some of us have opinions that don't follow the 'at least we've got a club' mantra.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2013, 11:04:31 PM »
Lots of good players playing at a lower level, and conversely, lots of players not so good playing at a higher level.

As fans, you can only judge players by what they do for your team. It makes no difference where they have played before ( Brian Little and his ex league pros, anyone?)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 08:18:19 AM »
Does anyone know the fixtures for pre season???

Just announced on the official web site: http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/leeds-friendly-tops-pre-season-963319.html

PRE-SEASON 2013-2014
Tuesday July 16: Lincoln United (A)
Thursday July 18: Spalding United (A)
Saturday July 20: Leeds United XI (H)
Tuesday July 23: Cambridge United (H)
Thursday July 25: Grantham Town (A)
Saturday July 27: Mansfield Town (H)
Tuesday July 30: Biggleswade Town (A)
Saturday August 3: Lincoln City (A)
Tuesday August 6: King’s Lynn Town (A)
Saturday August 10: Gainsborough Trinity (H)

Can you enlighten me Ken, I always thought it was tradition to play the smaller clubs away, and by same process thereafter play the 'so called' bigger teams at home. More, that it was also an accepted tradition that you don't play teams from the same league at all in friendlies, or by rule of thumb am I wrong here?

That being the case, Lincoln away, and then GT the following Saturday stick out as both apparently buck the trend.

I would have thought the former at home would draw a very decent crowd for us, and lets not be naïve give us some much needed coin?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 08:31:31 AM by B Grimes »

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2013, 08:29:17 AM »

I doubt it very much........

I think I'm saying what the 3-500 regulars who've stopped coming over the last 2 seasons are saying with their absence.

The empty spaces on the terraces speak far louder than some cyber coward, and there will be a lot more if we're served up the same garbage as the last couple of seasons.........we're not all enthrall to Dave Newton and the board, some of us have opinions that don't follow the 'at least we've got a club' mantra.

I actually agree with the vast majority of your thoughts N40, but not on this one  am afraid, having a few players from lower leagues playing for us is not the reason some stay away. If one knew who they were and where, I would imagine you could easily pick eleven players from the NPL, and even say eleven players from the NPL North and South combined plonk them in our division and both teams would stand a very good chance of winning the Conf North?

There must surely be dozens of players in leagues below us that if signed could and would shine in a Boston shirt. Further more I bet there isn't a single team in the Conf Prem, North or South that every year wouldn't sign at least one or two of these players, so why should we be any different?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2013, 08:31:50 AM »
Can you enlighten me Ken, I always thought it was tradition to play the smaller clubs away, and by same process thereafter play the 'so called' bigger teams at home. More than it was also accepted tradition that you don't play teams from the same league at all in friendlies, or by rule of thumb am I wrong here?

That being the case, Lincoln away, and then GT the following Saturday stick out as both apparently buck the trend.

I would have thought the former at home would draw a very decent crowd for us, and lets not be naïve give us some much needed coin?

Lincoln City away just shows what we all know - that Boston are a bigger club than Lincoln now.  ;D

The Gainsborough game isn't a friendly - it's the Lincs Senior Cup semi-final.

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013, 11:51:20 AM »
You only have to look at trinitys terry hawkridge, he was signed from a couple of leagues below and was there best player last season! There are players down there, they just have to be the right ones and have the right attitude unlike that spriggs that was brought in!

Also and well done to Hawkridge who has now signed for scunny