Author Topic: If Nigel Farage (UKIP)  (Read 36646 times)

dubai camel

• View Profile
Re: If Nigel Farage (UKIP)
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 05:49:21 PM »
Not often I agree with Ken Clarke but UKIP are in large part a bunch of clowns. But when faced with the reality of today's political parties, red noses can seem rather appealing.

UKIP keep things simple: no immigration and out of Europe - both great sound bites for the Daily Mail, but things are a little more complicated than that.

But are UKIP the real deal, I doubt it, be very careful what you wish for .........

Of course much that people now decry was started by UKIP's standard bearer and heroine - Mrs Thatcher - irony is a wonderful thing.
Who started selling all the country's silverware to foreigners? Yep Thatcher ..... she privatised anything she could sell, opened up the banking system and before you could blink, one British owned company went after another - free market economics she called it. Foreigners buying up Britain it was and is.

Immigration facts show Thatcher in a different light than many would have us believe:
Under labour in the 1970s, Britain had net emigration, whilst Edward Heath opened up immigration from many European countries in 1973. Thatcher herself opened the borders to Greek, Spanish and Portuguese workers in 1981 and 1986 and her successor John Major continued this trend and the ultimate Tory aka Tony Blair carried on opening further doors.

We could continue with Human Rights and the EU influence on 'our rights'. More right wing mythology.....

But you get the point.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 05:51:55 PM by dubai camel »

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 06:09:55 PM »
Obviously Ukip will never be in power, but it's more about sending a message to the others regarding our thoughts on the EU and immigration.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 06:57:44 PM »
Obviously Ukip will never be in power, but it's more about sending a message to the others regarding our thoughts on the EU and immigration.

Correct BG .   Will our Tory representive  pull his head out of the sand , or is it to late  to connect with constituents and their needs he has ignored for so long ?

Could it be that his legacy will be  the first MP to be replaced by UKIP .

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 08:24:40 PM »
What 'local services' are being put under immense pressure by immigration into Boston? I'm curious. It's just, every time I'm back here, the streets don't - as yet - appear to be strewn with refuge and sewage as one might expect given the hype. The Pilgrim's maternity ward would have apparently struggled to justify its continued existence had migration not provided some much needed demand, and the sheer volume of foreign-owned shops suggests that were it not for them, there would be a hell of a lot of boarded-up units at the moment. Crime has been on a downward trend for years etc etc...

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 08:33:52 PM »
Exactly what our MP would say Adam .
For starters I would guess like him you are not on social housing waiting list .

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 08:55:08 PM »
UKIP is not too far behind QWERTY on every keyboard in the country...well there's an 'O' in there somewhere as well  :dan

For the first time in my life I didn't bother to vote...the Council are such a complete waste of space they would be unemployable anywhere else so they ended up here...if they were changed the incoming lot will be equally as useless as the present bunch.  :dan
They are in the process of updating their 'local plan'. They want people to turn up to various meetings around the area and give their views on the new policy...don't bother wasting your time, they can't be bothered to enforce their existing local plan so they are hardly likely to bother with the new one.  :o
As long as they can fill their days sitting on their arses ticking boxes and counting paperclips then that is all they will do

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 09:19:52 PM »
UKIP is not too far behind QWERTY on every keyboard in the country...well there's an 'O' in there somewhere as well  :dan

For the first time in my life I didn't bother to vote...the Council are such a complete waste of space they would be unemployable anywhere else so they ended up here...if they were changed the incoming lot will be equally as useless as the present bunch.  :dan
They are in the process of updating their 'local plan'. They want people to turn up to various meetings around the area and give their views on the new policy...don't bother wasting your time, they can't be bothered to enforce their existing local plan so they are hardly likely to bother with the new one.  :o
As long as they can fill their days sitting on their arses ticking boxes and counting paperclips then that is all they will do

Iam sure they can manage the "sitting on their arses" bit OK ,   concerned if they can tick the correct boxes and manage to count more than 10 paperclips correctly  ;)

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2013, 10:52:09 PM »
For starters I would guess like him you are not on social housing waiting list .

I guess this kinda backs up Dubai Camels point though, as wasn't it thatcher who started selling off all our social housing? Successive governments of both sides have failed to build anymore.  With or without immigration their probably would have been a shortage.  On the plus side, this has also created an excellent business opportunity in Boston if you invest in a rental property.  I understand that the market is very competitive.  I certainly don't believe the issues are as clear as UKIP and friends would have us believe.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2013, 11:22:44 PM »

I guess this kinda backs up Dubai Camels point though, as wasn't it thatcher who started selling off all our social housing? Successive governments of both sides have failed to build anymore.  With or without immigration their probably would have been a shortage.  On the plus side, this has also created an excellent business opportunity in Boston if you invest in a rental property.  I understand that the market is very competitive.  I certainly don't believe the issues are as clear as UKIP and friends would have us believe.

Not going to dispute the above Maxross ,  My point is the way the the stock we are left with is distributed .  The new rules for 2/5 residence before an application for social housing can be made IF implimated will have come 10 years too late for Boston .  Lifetime residents of Boston feel cheated that they get bypassed for social housing which is cheaper than the private sector .
Come the next election UKIP will seek figures under F O I on local issues which I suspect will stagger many locas and win UKIP a further surge in votes localy  .   
I have supported the Tory party for in excess of 50 years but no longer will they or Labour get my vote .

travelling man

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2013, 12:33:05 PM »
The myth that all jobs go to foreigners is just that, a myth. My son 29 and his girlfriend 26 have returned from 2 years in the Southern Hemisphere and are both working fulltime. My son was in full time employment within 10 days and his girlfriend in 3 weeks. They both have jobs that are not minimum wage and no factory based.

Most employers are looking for folks who are literate, reliable and willing to work.

Will UKIP provide and jobs?

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2013, 06:13:34 PM »
 Almost NO POLITICIAN  IN THE  U.K.   HAS THE INTESTINAL and TESTICULAR FORTITUDE TO  MAKE SUCH TRUTHFUL  STATEMENTS!
        Australia says  NO - Second time she has done  this!�

AMAZING  You must read it  !!!!�

Australian  Prime Minister does it  again!!
This  woman should be appointed Queen of the World..  Truer words have never been  spoken.
�     

<ATT00027.jpg>

Prime  Minister Julia Gillard-   Australia     
Muslims who want to live  under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday  to get out of   Australia   , as the government targeted radicals in a bid  to head off potential terror  attacks..�

Separately, Gillard  angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by  saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the  nation's mosques.  Quote:�

'IMMIGRANTS,  NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave  It.
I  am tired of this nation worrying about whether  we are offending some individual or their  culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali ,  we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the  majority of Australians.  '

'This culture has been  developed over two centuries of struggles,  trials and victories by millions of men and  women who have sought  freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH,  not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese,  Japanese, Russian, or any other language.  Therefore, if you wish to become part of our  society ... Learn the  language!'

'Most Australians believe  in God. This is not some Christian, right wing,  political push, but a fact, because Christian  men and women, on Christian principles, founded  this nation, and this is clearly documented. It  is certainly appropriate to display it on the  walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I  suggest you consider another part of the world  as your new home, because God is part of our  culture.'

'We will accept your  beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask  is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and  peaceful enjoyment with  us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR  LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you  every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once  you are done complaining, whining, and griping  about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian  beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage  you take advantage of one other great Australian  freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO  LEAVE'.'
'If  you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't  force you to come here. You asked to be here. So  accept the country YOU  accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate  this amongst ourselves in Britain , Europe,  Canada & USA , WE  will find the courage to start speaking and  voicing the same  truths.

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2013, 07:09:33 PM »
Sorry - none of the above comments were made by Julia Gillard.

Here is the correct attribution: http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/likeitorleaveit.asp

Pilgrims007

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2013, 08:49:48 PM »

Here is the correct attribution: http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/likeitorleaveit.asp

Bring back John major

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2013, 09:01:20 PM »

Bring back John major

And Edwina Currie ,  lets sex up politics !!!!!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2013, 09:17:26 PM »
What 'local services' are being put under immense pressure by immigration into Boston? I'm curious. It's just, every time I'm back here, the streets don't - as yet - appear to be strewn with refuge and sewage as one might expect given the hype. The Pilgrim's maternity ward would have apparently struggled to justify its continued existence had migration not provided some much needed demand, and the sheer volume of foreign-owned shops suggests that were it not for them, there would be a hell of a lot of boarded-up units at the moment. Crime has been on a downward trend for years etc etc...
Try getting an appointment before June at your doctors! You could also have a stroll in the central park if dare!