Author Topic: Have the wheels fallen off?  (Read 7686 times)

Reading Pilgrim

• View Profile
Have the wheels fallen off?
« on: November 06, 2010, 05:01:29 PM »
Is anyone else out there worried that the enforced two week break has seen us lose the great momentum that we had built up in the early stages of the season?

Admittedly, a decent point on Tuesday night, but two draws on the bounce.  Too many drawn games can hurt more than the occasional defeat.

I still have faith in the lad's, but cant help but worry.....Perhaps it comes with being a United fan all these years?!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Have the wheels fallen off?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 05:06:49 PM »
Two good points against two improving sides!

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 05:12:30 PM »
typical this is we have a few results which might not hit everyones expectations but for me i don't see what there is to worry about

guiesley are a team we know well from last season and very tough to beat on a lovely summers afternoon let alone the rain we had to play in !

today i didn't go but they have risen up the table in recent weeks so are in good form and also have the top scorer in the league

funny i didn't hear anyone moan when we nicked a win at alfreton despite alfreton having many more chances than us
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 07:16:58 PM by Big-Tom »

Reading Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 05:14:14 PM »
Two good points against two improving sides!

Couldnt agree more, and dont get me wrong I'd be over the moon to finish the season in the position that we are in now.  I still think that Tuesday nights result in paticular will prove to be a massive point at the end of the season.

But it would have been nice to see the great momentum that we had started the season with continue.  Having said that another clean sheet...Cant ask for more than that, especially given the fact we have goalscorers in the squad!!  Roll on Tuesday at home to Corby.

Reading Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 05:15:15 PM »
typical this is we have a few results which might not hit everyones expectations but for me i don't see what there is to worry about

guiesley are a team we well from last season and very tough to beat on a lovely summers afternoon let alone the rain we had to play in !

today i didn't go but they have risen up the table in recent weeks so are in good form and also have the top scorer in the league

funny i didn't hear anyone moan when we nicked a win at alfreton despite alfreton having many more chances than us

I'm not moaning, I'm asking a question.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 05:27:29 PM »
how come all of a sudden the wheels may have fallen off if you already say its 2 good points  ?

we'd have all taken this at the start of the season, theres no-reason to start questioning anything, when we're doing well you wouldn't be question when ' the wheels are going to fall off '

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 05:27:44 PM »
No. That's 9 away games now and still unbeaten and only 1 defeat from 5 home games. Once we start playing home games I'm confident we'll be winning the majority and these away draws will come into there own. I'd normally expect us to be top from our results but Alfreton are having some exceptional form which is keeping us from top.

First game I have missed home or away in 2 and a half years today, but spoke to someone at the game who said it was a similar game to Tuesday in which case a point is all we deserved.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 06:00:48 PM »
Just a warning about this Tuesday coming, we've only conceeded two goals at home, I've only been to one match and seen both....guess what ....see you Tuesday :-\

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 06:32:39 PM »
Sorry to interupt, but you've lost 1 league game all season and 9 clean sheets on the bounce? how have the wheels come off?  ???

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 06:35:10 PM »
No goals conceded in what, 800+ minutes.  May the wheels come off more often. The lack of goals is a worry and we look rusty but we aren't losing despite poor form so can't moan too much.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 06:39:08 PM »
in someways we might have started too well for our own good now a few goaless draw on the bounce we have people questioning

we have options up front, semple, yates, church, sleath, pearson etc chip in the with odd goal now and then, and we're solid at the back

what is there to question ?

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 08:53:20 PM »
Have the wheels fallen off - No No and No again.

Things are still going fine, it is the 3 week period in late Jan early Feb when we play the other top 3 teams when we will really no how well things are going.

My only plea to the managers would be can we PLEASE see Miles Hunter on for a few spells of at least 20-25mins so we can all see if he can score goals.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 09:19:25 PM »
Have the wheels fallen off - No No and No again.

Things are still going fine, it is the 3 week period in late Jan early Feb when we play the other top 3 teams when we will really no how well things are going.

My only plea to the managers would be can we PLEASE see Miles Hunter on for a few spells of at least 20-25mins so we can all see if he can score goals.

Ill Agree. In the times i have seen miles come on you can see how his pace makes a lot of gaps in the backline by dragging players out to chase him.

flynny69

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 09:43:17 PM »
Victims of our own success perhaps?

YellowHills

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 10:44:31 PM »
No. Next question?  ;D