Author Topic: WES PARKER  (Read 8644 times)

stevie blue

• View Profile
WES PARKER
« on: May 04, 2010, 06:56:33 PM »
Now your back in the conf north do you think he will be interested in coming back to you/would you like to see him back?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: WES PARKER
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 07:08:53 PM »
He has been released by Gainsborough, but I can't see S & H wanting him back...

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 07:19:38 PM »
No thank you very much.We already have the right Parker.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 07:50:44 PM »
if hes not good enough for trinity then hes definatly not good enough for us

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 08:45:19 PM »
no thanks, wasn't botherd about us untill the last 6 or so games so he didn't have relegation on his CV S&H got rid, went running back to Gainsboro thinking all things would be merry and rosey, wonder if he'll end up like ollie ryan ? at some club like Belpar after thinking he was too big for the club

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 09:16:26 PM »
No thanks!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 09:44:37 PM »
On the pitch he's good enough, off the pitch has the wrong attitude. Had arranged a deal with Gainsborough long before the end of the season last year.

He'd probably want more money than we can afford as well. So no thanks.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 10:18:40 PM »
no f****n way tar very much
"till saturday comes"

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 10:44:03 AM »
Unfortunately Wes was played out of position for time TT was in charge, i dont believe
any of the players covered themselves in glory that year. However as a squad player maybe OK? but believe we can find better.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 12:20:52 PM »
Let them find the players, not the players find us.

They've done a good job so far.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 04:45:31 PM »
Personally think that Wes is a very good centre half, and was managed appallingly by Taylor last year. He would've been a rock if played at centre back and was the natural choice as captain. TT stuck him in midfield and continually tinkered with the captaincy. Regardless though, I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, as has been pointed out he had that deal with Tinpot sewn up long before his commitments with us were over and would represent a jump back to 08/09. Scott and Hurst's judgment on the retention of players from 08/09 has been proved correct (the vastly improved Liam Parker and the unlucky Butcher/Millson).

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 05:07:02 PM »
OCM is right we already have the Parker we want . If we retain Liam, Canners and Pearson he would only make the bench.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 06:00:02 PM »

I wouldn't be first in the queue to sign Wes Parker either.

But having said that, there may be some financial benefits if we did try and sign him. At the moment our squad is comprised of three or four players from Loughborough (Church, Sleath, Cullingworth, etc), three or four from the Sheffield area (Newsham, Wood, Yates, etc), a cluster from the Nottingham area (Suarez, Canoville, etc) and crucially players from Skegness (L Parker, Millson, etc). If you consider the fact that we keep our expenses lower by having players who can "pool" cars to training and matches, we'd perhaps be better off financially signing Wes Parker than a comparable player from elsewhere.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 07:17:05 PM »

I wouldn't be first in the queue to sign Wes Parker either.

But having said that, there may be some financial benefits if we did try and sign him. At the moment our squad is comprised of three or four players from Loughborough (Church, Sleath, Cullingworth, etc), three or four from the Sheffield area (Newsham, Wood, Yates, etc), a cluster from the Nottingham area (Suarez, Canoville, etc) and crucially players from Skegness (L Parker, Millson, etc). If you consider the fact that we keep our expenses lower by having players who can "pool" cars to training and matches, we'd perhaps be better off financially signing Wes Parker than a comparable player from elsewhere.
If we're going to sign someone on his ability to drive,i'd sooner have Parker from Thunderbirds........................

Bob Lee

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 07:28:14 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D