Author Topic: Today @ NFU  (Read 7104 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: Today @ NFU
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 11:39:19 PM »
Burgh boy.. you really need to look at the bigger picture without the quadrant development there will be no football club. The quadrant will give us a new stadium fit for purpose and help us progess and become sustainable a sustainable football club.
?? That was my point!!!! This season the football side of Chestnuts/BUFC is secondary!! Wherever we finish in the League this year we have won the battle for The Quadrant! We all fought hard to get it for the Club and Chestnuts! The season after next, when we are at the Community Stadium, will be the season we have to concentrate on the field.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 10:36:09 AM »
Terrible first half played into ferriby hands by playing long ball, in fairness den admitted he got ot wrong and we played better second half but we didn't take our 2 big chances and we were made to pay for that. Hopefully we can bounce back Thursday.
so it took over 300+ minutes against Ferriby until Den notice the long ball tactics wasnt working!

The long ball works for NFU !!!!   Would most football fans settle for seeing their team winning by playing the long ball on a regular basis?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 10:42:48 AM »
If it wins league titles! Yes

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 01:19:12 PM »
I have to say I was spitting blood at the manager changing the formation for this game. I know the two County lads were missing but to take Garner out of there just invited trouble and inevitably led to no other option than to hoof it as we hadn't got a mid field to play through. Back to our best formation in the second half and dominated them and should have had a couple of goals. Pleased to here the manager accepted his error  but on the day the damage was done.  Please don't try it again Dennis as when the lads return I still think we are in with a good chance of making the play offs.
As for the question of the long ball winning titles are we still not above Ferriby  in the league.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 05:14:18 PM »
In the past my only concern was to see the team win, by whatever method but having seen Ferriby 4 times this season my opinion has changed radically.

How anybody can stand going to watch, much less pay to watch, that hoofball coupled with their gamesmanship week in week out  is totally beyond me.

I'll settle for "mid table mediocrity" at York Street at least there is an attempt at innovation and providing entertainment even if it doesn't always work out.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 05:58:07 PM »
The great From Behind Your Fences (1980s BUFC fanzine) once described Bloody Runcorn as "offside orientated violence". Reminds me of Ferriby...

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2014, 09:31:24 PM »
Would most football fans settle for seeing their team winning by playing the long ball on a regular basis?

Most would tolerate it but be up in arms every time we lost.  I prefer our current approach as at least we're playing some good stuff even in defeat and developing in a controlled, assured way.  To watch a game literally waiting for the opposition to miss a header or crumble under constant assault would bore the shit out of me.

What interests me is that when we were in the leagues above, the long ball approach was the cheap option for the troubled clubs that needed a quick fix to stay up or get out of the division.

In this league however to play that way seems to cost the big bucks as most can get a team of thugs, but need the finesse of a few quality money players to open the games where the howitzers don't work (i.e. Jarman)
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.